Wrong, I saw that interview, and that's not what he said.

He said that he was "seeing stars" for a while, but could finish the round with a reasonably clear mind.

Maybe that wasn't the interview I saw. Duh.

Uh oh!!!

Davis with a little trash talk!

Pretty ironic statement from Davis if only because this dude doesn't even have a fight planned...at all. Seriously who's he facing next and when?

To be fair his feat of glory was landing that spining elbow but other than that he didn't do much damages, proof being he couldn't even finish a borderline " out of his feet " and gassed Gus after the spinning elbow did the damages

Come on now, Gus was gassed before the elbow?

Sherdog posters have really gone to the dumps. Gus has never been finished standing and has a very good chin as well.

Last edited:
Alex only had like 1 take down and couple of good combos he landed.

Gassed, almost got KTFO.

He was eating kicks, jabs, and elbows all day and night.

He had his moments, but seriously some of you jones haters love to hype up a fight.

I like Davis more than Bones.

Glover, Gus, DC or Davis, I don't care who it is but I want someone to beat Jones.

Davis is awesome. He's like the kind of guy that's funny because he's a goofball, not necessarily because he's funny. I remember when he was trading some back and forward with vinny. He was saying something about how magalhaes should invest in tissue with aloe on it for when he's wiping his tears after he loses :icon_lol:

I like Davis more than Bones.

Glover, Gus, DC or Davis, I don't care who it is but I want someone to beat Jones.

I like Stipe Miocic more than Cain but that does not mean I think Miocic is going to beat Cain as I think Davis has no chance at all at beating Jones.

If none of those guys beat Jones what are you going to do then Grinding. You may have to come to the realization that no one may beat Jones at LHW and come to face with that real issue. I would put Davis behind some MW's in terms of their chances against jones.

Davis is a nice and non cocky guy but he isn't championship material. His name should not be put among those other fighters until he proves he can fight at that level IMO.

I like Stipe Miocic more than Cain but that does not mean I think Micoc is going to beat Cain as I think Davis has no chance at all at beating Jones.

If none of those guys beat Jones what are you going to do then. You may have to come to the ralization that no one may beat him at LHW. I would put Davis behind some MW's in terms of their chances against jones.

Davis is a wonderful guy but he isn't championship material.

Best chance is Gus. I'm not saying Davis could or would, he'd most likely get wrecked.

Jones will lose in 2014.

Alex only had like 1 take down and couple of good combos he landed.

Gassed, almost got KTFO.

He was eating kicks, jabs, and elbows all day and night.

He had his moments, but seriously some of you jones haters love to hype up a fight.

If that was the case, then why did the official stats say that Jones landed 120 significant strikes and Gustafsson landed 191? Sounds like Jones was eating a lot "all day and night" as well, which of course is the conclusion if you watch the fight as well.

Best chance is Gus. I'm not saying Davis could or would, he'd most likely get wrecked.

Jones will lose in 2014.

I enjoy the confidence Grinding but you are going to need some tissues and maybe a double vodka on the rocks come this year.

The best chance is Cormier IMO as I think he brings more problems to a Jones fight.

We will see Grinding if that happens but more than likely you are going to need some tissues.

I enjoy the confidence Grinding but you are going to need some tissues and maybe a double vodka on the rocks come this year.

The best chance is Cormier IMO as I think he brings more problems to a Jones fight.

We will see Grinding if that happens but more than likely you are going to need some tissues.

Lol nah if he wins he wins, I'm expecting him too, I just hope he loses, that's all.

I am not 100% sure Cormier gets by Rashad.

LOL

Invest in the acquisition of a working pair of eyes before you make the mistake of saying something so flagrantly uninformed again, please. They were pretty much dead even on the feet; Jones with the kicks, knees and elbows, Gustafsson with the hands and occasional low kick.

-_-

How do you invest in an acquisition?

Doubtful. Gus mainly landed jabs, and Jones landed approximately twice as many power strikes to the head. Not to mention that Gus was the one that was rocked and seeing double, after all.
Jones having a busted lip and as I already said generally looking more flustered when being hit exaggerated peoples perception of how much damage he sustained.

At any rate, it was a close fight, and Gus winning wouldn't have been that controversial going by the 10 point must system (round 2 and 3 could have gone either way). Neither would a draw.
Albeit, as in the GSP- Hendricks fight, we would then yet again see how flawed the scoring system is. Jones came the closest to winning by stoppage, and had completely taken over the fight at the end. In that sense, he is the rightful winner.

Like I said, many moderately powerful shots add up. Constantly getting your brain rattled, constantly getting touched will hurt your brain too. You can only really speculate in whose brain took the most damage.

"... and had completely taken over the fight at the end."

That I don't agree with. Yes, Gus looked tired, but they landed the same amount of strikes according to fightmetric in the last round.

Come on now, Gus was gassed before the elbow?

What? He won the 4th round pretty damn clearly until 38 seconds left. The elbow took everything out of him, he was in a better condition than Jones until that.

Maybe you're paraphrasing what the one you quoted wrote, but I didn't see him write that.

I think that the people ripping on Gus for the 4th and 5th rounds, and those assuming that Jones'll smash him in their next meeting are severely underestimating the fact that this was Gus' first time seeing a round past the 3rd.

Back