I think Bigfoot wins against Hunt in much the same fashion as he did against Fedor.

The key difference is Hunt doesn't lunge into his punches in quite the same way Fedor does, throwing his whole body into it. Bigfoot was able to time that and duck under. He might not be able to get Hunt down.

I think against Barnett, Bigfoot ends up losing in pretty much the same fashion except Barnett will sooner or later sink in a choke.

Yeah, pretty much, Barnett is a level above.

Smart game plan by big foot

Side note: I just seen this pic Hunt posted

1469853_655202341191466_1164826483_n.jpg

He looks like he's in a lot better shape now than he was in his last fight
I saw another recent picture and there was debate over whether we could see Hunts abs, but I can actually see ab definition in this photo.

If Barnett beats Browne I think he should get Cain/Werdum winner.

I really want to see Can vs Barnett in 2014.

Josh would destroy Bigfoot worse than Cain. Irrelevant though after Hunt touches his chin.

Hunt joked about getting on TRT earlier this year. Maybe he did?

Josh would destroy Bigfoot worse than Cain. Irrelevant though after Hunt touches his chin.

I am seriously tripping balls over everyone saying Barnett is a level above and would destroy Bigfoot. I dont understand at all, Barnett doesnt have the power necessary to one punch KO BF and isnt strong enough tp muscle him down. I see Bigfoot boxing his way to a UD or late finish. Please explain how Barnett wins

that would be your best chance to beat him after all

I don't think he should try to stand with Hunt, just sell out on takedowns. Grappling is where his advantage is and Hunt doesn't have the best takedown defense on Earth.

Bigfoot is massively superior to Hunt on the ground. This fight is in the bag for him, as long as he can get it to the ground before he gets punched in the head.

Oh and should mention Fedor is one of the smallest HWs ever, Hunt cuts and is 280+ iniside the cage.

When facing a hug guy like Silva it is a good thing to not be significantly smaller.

Josh Barnett will submit Bigfoot easier than Bigfoot does to Mark Hunt. Bigfoot got taken down to the ground rather easily by Overeem.

Takedown =/= submission

Bigfoot will not get subbed easily.

Barnett gets a title shot with a win over Browne.

it's mindgames, Bigfoot is standing and banging with Hunt

I think Hunts size, TDD, very low centre of gravity, speed and ability to put anyone out means BF will struggle to take him down and thus be forced to stand and trade.

If Hunt gets sloopy and carried away sure BF can put him down, but if Hunt stays cautious he can find that chin.

I don't think he should try to stand with Hunt, just sell out on takedowns. Grappling is where his advantage is and Hunt doesn't have the best takedown defense on Earth.

Hunt was top ten in the UFC for TDD at one stage.

What fight are you thinking of?
Pride days sure, nowadays its not a weakness at all.

Hunt was top ten in the UFC for TDD at one stage.

What fight are you thinking of?
Pride days sure, nowadays its not a weakness at all.

he hasn't fought anyone with decent takedowns. The one with the best takedowns was probably Kongo and he just stood with him. If I recall correctly Rothwell got him down a few times and he's not exactly a world beater.

To be fair it is probably more fair to say his TDD is untested lately than to say it is still bad.

What was the beef between BF and Barnett from SF?

It's going to be his mistake if he keeps the fight standing, which is what I think he will do and why I picked Hunt to KO him. He should just go for the takedown right away.

Josh Barnett will submit Bigfoot easier than Bigfoot does to Mark Hunt. Bigfoot got taken down to the ground rather easily by Overeem.

I would like to see the Barnett vs Bigfoot fight to keep Bigfoot humble when he loses.

Bigfoot is a legit BJJ blackbelt. Don't see Barnett submitting him. Even Werdum couldn't.

Last edited:
Okay everyone ignore the million dollar question. How does Barnett beat Bigfoot?

Back