Cormier vs Davis is the matchup that matters.

Davis vs Cormier is the perfect title eliminator fight. And Gus can get the shot after that.

I can agree man, I think him or Rashad are great tests but tbh Davis would be a better fight and is stylistically a better matchup for the fans.

Book it Dana, I am calling for it!

lol why would they give DC a challenging match-up?? They will give him a tune-up fight at 205 of a guy that is well known and respected but not a world beater. I could see Ryan Jimmo if he wins or James Te-Huna, maybe Thiago Silva (I don't he'd be dumb enough to take the fight at this point in his career).

DC is a fan friendly guy and can be marketed as former Olympian, which means he could potentially bring a decent PPV # for the UFC. With a lack of challengers at 205 (with the exception of Gus), the UFC would not be dumb enough to risk Rashad beating a weight cut depleted DC before they can make $$ off of him.

Business first folks, the UFC doesn't give a shizzle if DC beats a top 5 guy first...

Honestly I'm surprised no one's saying he should fight Rashad if Rashad wins as to me that's the matchup that makes the most sense rather then getting elevated to the same status as Gus or Davis without a single fight in the division.

But they gave Sonnen a shot at the title coming off a LOSS at MW. That made sense? I would take Cormier over any LHW right now, including Bones. He obviously has the power to KO any LHW, and the wrestling to control almost every LHW (except Bones and maybe Gus). He's got very quick hands, sort of like Fedor had, and the same explosiveness. If his cardio's good at 205, he dominates.

.........someone has to fight Perosh he is feeling neglected after the KO of Vinny. Save Phil, DC, Gus for the aftermath of Glover vs JBJ winner.

Gus fans want him to fight a bum off the street to get a title shot against Jones in hoping lightning strikes twice.

Jones ducked a rematch and chose to fight the weakest contender of the last 5 years

if he comes anywhere near getting beat by Glover (which he won't because Glover is about as complex as tic-tac-toe) he probably retires.

Jones ducked a rematch and chose to fight the weakest contender of the last 5 years

if he comes anywhere near getting beat by Glover (which he won't because Glover is about as complex as tic-tac-toe) he probably retires.

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Back