Status
Not open for further replies.

Contraction**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Cain Velasquez: Suspended until April 18 due to possible broken jaw

Fractured most likely but still!

Good for him! Yes the man's got crazy nasty power in his hands.

He still lost the fight convincingly and was alpha-maled at the end of the day.

usatsi-7502712-151554714-lowres.jpg

I know which one I'd rather have.

People always shit on Cain's chin, but he took some huge shots from JDS and continued to move forward.

This thread puts too much into it when the word "possible" is there imo but yeah they're both great

He did land a few solid shots in the opening round, thus crushing the myth that Cain has a weak chin once and for all.

People always shit on Cain's chin, but he took some huge shots from JDS and continued to move forward.

This. There was a point where I was starting to get hopeful jds could even pull of the win......until I realized cain may actually have a good chin lol.

He landed some hard elbows and a couple nice punches when they would break apart. I'm pretty sure he landed a hard uppercut as cain was shooting on him that I thought would finish the fight. Same thing when he landed that first hard elbow

He landed one big shot in the first and landed a nasty elbow in round 2 or 3

He is a dangerous man. It is known.

Just heard him speak on UFC Tonight. Guy's got a hell of a sore throat, too. I think he said he got hit in the throat a few times (he was speaking quietly and very raspily), but it sounds like he has a cold.

People who rip Cain's chin are just plain dumb. JDS and Kongo are some of the hardest hitting fighters in MMA. If anything that needs to be criticized, it's Cain's boxing defense. He's improved by leaps and bounds since those bouts but he has still shown susceptability to getting caught.

Um, yeah, if you could just go ahead and delete this thread, that'd be great. Because Cain is fine.

lumberg-office-space_320.jpg

This also disproves the myth of a glass chin. If he can get his jaw broken without getting KO'd, he's tough.

In other news, the suspension reports are 100% bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back