Law 25 Republicans vote against Bill that helps Veterans qualify for medical care; relating to Burn pits

This shows how you get something passed that has popular support, even if republicans are against it. Put it up for a vote, be ready to fight for it AND, most importantly, you have to constantly be able to call out the lies and bullshit. This is the blueprint right here. Finally some fight from the democrats instead of just rolling over as usual. Then again, most democrats suck and wont fight for popular left wing positions like UHC, tuition free college, raising taxes on the wealthy and so on, because they don't believe in it.

The state of congress when it takes Jon fucking Stewart, and the rest who fought for this, to show up before shit gets done.

Dems are too soft, they need some of that Stewart forcefulness.
You lefties have sucked Stewart's ball sack from the beginning. Sorry if the rest of us don't fall all over ourselves because he has decided to support veterans, especially since his entire shtick was to carefully edit together quick sound bites strewn together out of context to make certain people look heartless or ridiculous. When he was called out on it, he would just claim that was a comedian. He was completely dishonest when it came to this. He had a large amount of power and used it to his advantage and then wanted a free pass from responsibility.

Yup, exactly this. I mean fuck, the Dems finally get a W over Mitch for like the first time in a decade, and the GOP wanted to get vindictive about it. Bad move with a bill like that.
Did you see his comment on it?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell defended his party's handling of the legislation at a news conference on Tuesday.

"Look, these kind of back and forths happen all the time in the legislative process, you've observed that over the years," he said. "I think in the end, the veterans service organizations will be pleased with the final result."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/02/politics/senate-vote-burn-pits/index.html

The nerve of that guy. He's a ghoul.

You lefties have sucked Stewart's ball sack from the beginning. Sorry if the rest of us don't fall all over ourselves because he has decided to support veterans, especially since his entire shtick was to carefully edit together quick sound bites strewn together out of context to make certain people look heartless or ridiculous. When he was called out on it, he would just claim that was a comedian. He was completely dishonest when it came to this. He had a large amount of power and used it to his advantage and then wanted a free pass from responsibility.
You're just butt hurt because he completely cucked Tucker Carlson back in the day

You do realize that mandatory forces Congress to spend the money on veterans and discretionary means that any given year the funds can be reallocated elsewhere right?
Um, yes, that's what I said in my post.

Stewart and Psobiek already made up and are friends again, guys.

Did you see his comment on it?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell defended his party's handling of the legislation at a news conference on Tuesday.

"Look, these kind of back and forths happen all the time in the legislative process, you've observed that over the years," he said. "I think in the end, the veterans service organizations will be pleased with the final result."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/02/politics/senate-vote-burn-pits/index.html

The nerve of that guy. He's a ghoul.
Yeah I did. He’s a fucking slimeball. He made the same sorts of comments when the GOP was torpedoing the 9/11 First Responders bill that Jon Stewart championed awhile back. Call me naive, but can’t those things just be things where Congress says, “Phew, this is a breath of fresh air. Nothing we need to argue about here, let’s just work together and support our veterans/first responders”? Nope, they’ve still gotta try and hold bills hostage, have a bunch of pork and bullshit added (like McConnell did for one of the 9/11 bills), etc. It’s disgusting. Deplorable, even.

Just in case anybody who follows this story isn’t aware, the bill being discussed includes 400 billion in spending completely unrelated to helping veterans. But do pieces of shit like the MSM and Jon Stewart ever mention that? No. Hardly ever. But at least it gets some coverage by some outlets like Newsweek.

This is a classic Democratic scumbag move. Attach something to a bill most people want. When someone objects to that bill, claim they are horrible people, and completely downplay the additional spending included that most people don’t want.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-veteran-health-care-bill-was-smacked-down-republicans-1729230?amp=1
Does anyone listen to John Stewart?
Oh that's right, he championed the Russia Collusion Hoax right to the bitter end where only a blinded partisan hack and his followers could go. Lots of sherdogers drinking his coolaid to the dregs.

Does anyone listen to John Stewart?
Oh that's right, he championed the Russia Collusion Hoax right to the bitter end where only a blinded partisan hack and his followers could go. Lots of sherdogers drinking his coolaid to the dregs.
Well he was just instrumental in pushing through legislation for healthcare treatment for millions of veterans, in a similar vein to what he did with the 9/11 responders bill. Both bills which he had helped fight for and work on for years. Completely clowning a large part of the Senate in the process too. So, I guess some people do listen after all.

Last edited:
When Tuck goes to court, he would just claim he was an entertainer. Weird I have never seen you call Tucker out for basically saying the same thing, but instead of a comedian, Tuck said he was an entertainer. Rachel Maddow did the same thing, which goes to show, most of the media sources Sherdog consumes are knowingly lying to you and they know the hard core watchers will gladly eat up their bullshit, so those media sources can sell more Boner Pill Ads. Its just sad so many people can't see it.

You sound like someone with Stewart Derangement Syndrome.

When Tuck goes to court, he would just claim he was an entertainer. Weird I have never seen you call Tucker out for basically saying the same thing, but instead of a comedian, Tuck said he was an entertainer. Rachel Maddow did the same thing, which goes to show, most of the media sources Sherdog consumes are knowingly lying to you and they know the hard core watchers will gladly eat up their bullshit, so those media sources can sell more Boner Pill Ads. Its just sad so many people can't see it.
Never seen him call out Rush Limbaugh either when Rush would make racist comments then say he was just joking. Inb4 but but... Rush's producer was Black.

Um, yes, that's what I said in my post.

How is mandatory spending on veterans a loophole to introduce pork? the loophole would be making it discretionary and silently redirecting spending during a non-election year budget.

Making it mandatory basically makes it so that the only way they can spend that money on pork is by repealing the law.

How is mandatory spending on veterans a loophole to introduce pork? the loophole would be making it discretionary and silently redirecting spending during a non-election year budget.

Making it mandatory basically makes it so that the only way they can spend that money on pork is by repealing the law.
The loophole wasn't the veteran spending, everybody agreed on that spending, it was leaving $400 billion in discretionary spending up for grabs that the senators objected to, and Toomey wrote an amendment closing that so he could vote for it.

IMHO most likely supposed bill was 400m not 400b.

it was leaving $400 billion in discretionary spending up for grabs

Is this some Mandela effect? because what is written in the bill is MANDATORY spending, some Republicans wanted it to change it to DISCRETIONARY.

At least in my version of Earth, i know several right wing posters are living in an alternate reality of some sort.

What a coward. He's been spreading lies about the bill non stop and basically trying to defame Stewart as a means to do damage control. He's the worst. I'd like to see the full clip for sure, Stewart is a way bigger man than me calming down and trying to reach some common ground with that POS, simply for the fact that he cares more about the issue than personal slights.
Don’t know what you’re talking about; dude’s a class act.

lol US politics is such a shit show - this country is eating itself from the inside, you don't need no Putin or Xi to fuck you up - you are doing an upstanding job on your own already

I'm pretty sure this dweeb's tweets get posted in the War Room more than any other person. Our chuds love him.
Always thought that was so weird considering he’s the pizzagate guy.

Back