25 minutes of fight!!!

They want to win that's the goal. If they get a finish its a bonus. Did Cain loose fans because he didn't finish JDS? IMO the beat down that Cain laid on JDS will have a much bigger mental impact on him than a quick flash KO would have and its more exciting because its mma and JDS could have gotten a hailmary sub or ko. 25minutues is a long time in the cage. Anything can happen.

true, although i hate the "flash ko" theory. you ever notice how after a fighter gets ko'd his chin is no longer the same? but that's another story.

yes, anything can happen in a 25 minute fight and the only way to ensure that it does'nt happen is to finish your opponent quickly. the famous russow vs duffee is a perfect example, russow won decisively, no question about it, yet people say duffee was better. if he was better he wouldn't have lost and got finished.

i'm not referring to any particular fight, especially since i haven't seen cain vs jds last night. i'm referring to finishes as being the most dominant way of winning, whether it takes 10 seconds or 24.5 minutes.

I thoughy it was a bit cringe worthy. 2 guys, one guy, one punch away from being finished, and the other guy not delivering.

Cardio machines my ass. I was surprised we didn't see an ending like houston n kimbo.

I believe the no-steroid version of Overeem will not be a relevant contender in the HW division.

He will lose to bigfoot, JDS will beat bigfoot and someone else, maybe Werdum again. Then we get Cain vs JDS 3, and that will be a war and a half.

Keep dreaming and hugging the nuts of JDS. Go watch some more vids from 2005 of Overeem getting TKO'd maybe that will make you feel better.

The gifs from 2005 will not prevent Overeem from smashing him if they ever fight. Which I doubt it because Overeem will beat Bigfoot and Cain but JDS will probably never make it back for a title shot...Hunt or Kongo will beat JDS.

Bla bla....

Finishes Bra....Finishes are what matter and are the true indicator of greatness.

We learned far more about these 2 fighters actual abilities from their first fight, as opposed to their second fight.

The only thing that saved JDS from being "finished" is the time-keeper.

true, although i hate the "flash ko" theory. you ever notice how after a fighter gets ko'd his chin is no longer the same? but that's another story.

yes, anything can happen in a 25 minute fight and the only way to ensure that it does'nt happen is to finish your opponent quickly. the famous russow vs duffee is a perfect example, russow won decisively, no question about it, yet people say duffee was better. if he was better he wouldn't have lost and got finished.

i'm not referring to any particular fight, especially since i haven't seen cain vs jds last night. i'm referring to finishes as being the most dominant way of winning, whether it takes 10 seconds or 24.5 minutes.

Completely disagree, the goal is to prove to the world who's the better fighter. A dominate decision win does that a lot more clearly than a flash ko.

Completely disagree, the goal is to prove to the world who's the better fighter. A dominate decision win does that a lot more clearly than a flash ko.

flash ko, wtf is that. if you allow the fight to continue after the so-called "flash ko" the ko'd fighter will be dominated in ways unimaginable for the remainder of the 25 minutes. i don't get the "flash ko" or the "hail mary sub".

Bla bla....

Finishes Bra....Finishes are what matter and are the true indicator of greatness.

We learned far more about these 2 fighters actual abilities from their first fight, as opposed to their second fight.

BS....

How can anyone possibly learn more about 2 fighters from 25 minutes of action unfolding as opposed to very little action inside 64 seconds?

I don't see how this is possible. Finishes bra! It's the only way to display true dominance.

This.

Anybody can fight to a decision during high profile title fights, but not everybody can get finishes under these circumstances. That's what solidies a champion's greatness.

And this is why all three of us are HUGE Anderson Silva fans.

I do believe he fooled you two. Which makes me happy because he outed the idiots :wink::)

Rubber match and hopefully JDS will bring in a wrestler for his next camp.

Back