$25 million in Bonuses for a UFC Executive, Who's Probably Dana White White

Who cares and why is this news? Dana is worth half a billion dollars I'm not going to fret over him making 25 million in bonuses.
That in of itself is fine. It's more food for thought for people who think the UFC is barely breaking even or doesn't have the money to pay fighters more. It's a matter of doesn't want to, not an inability to.
It helps a great deal to get marketable fighters, yes.
If you dumped all those fighters in Bellator after the fact that they were already stars, sure. But this is a fallacious argument.
A better way to approach this is to look at how many other organizations make stars out of their fighters. Not many is the answer. Not even today when mma is pretty much more popular than ever.
At this point, likely not. Hard to claim your guy is the best fighter in the world when the UFC has 85 percent of the top 15 across all divisions locked up. Critical mass is very important. The barriers to entry in the mma market are abnormally high.
Sure. He’s made mistakes. But on a whole he’s been crucial for the success of modern mma.
Yeah, crucial. But not as crucial as all the star fighters combined. That should be evident considering how few PPV stars the UFC has at one time. With Dana, the UFC find another warm body. Without GSP and Silva, the UFC doesn't break into Canada or get onto Fox.
Pat yourself on the back all you want, but please work as hard as the single parent to become less ignorant.
Worker harder in a more stressful job/life is not the same as the job being more technically demanding or demanding on a person's abilities and faculties. I didn't say that hypothetical single parent deserves more than Dana. Just pointing out Dana's pay is not based off hard work since that's not how pay in most of the world works.
which investor meetings are you referencing? and you put it in quotes - is that a quote from multiple investor meetings? i don't doubt that expenses are a question for any business - it's the #1 lever for managing earnings. but i'm sure revenue growth is just as important or moreso long term.
When WME was pitching the IPO, that was the common question reported in news articles. The quotes are mine to show it's a question, not that it's an exact quote.
and obviously if the payout % is relatively constant, if revenue is quadrupling then pay is quadrupling as well. i know it sounds better to say revenue quadrupled and pay stayed the same......
I've never hid that I'm talking about wage share, not absolutes. Since wage share is the important part for most athletes, especially given the UFC roster has ballooned in size over the past decade. Just come on, it's pathetic that most UFC stars are making worse money than boxing stars 50 years ago without adjusting for inflation. All while Dana bloviates about being the 2nd or 3rd largest sport in the world lol.
amazon makes what billions a month in profits so i bet the labor isnt paid billions in wages.

owners keep more of the profits cause they are the owners it not breaking news.
You would be wrong. The UFC had more than double the revenue of Amazon in 2020 and 4 or 5 times the EBITDBA margin. So yes, Dana and company are even more greedy than Amazon. I don't think you understand how rare a near 50 percent profit margin is if you are running a legal business. Let alone businesses that run 20 to 30 percent labor costs. Would you like to try again with a whataboutism?
Edit: ignore this last part, I got my M's and B's mixed up while reading on my phone.

Last edited:
none of this means this issue is closed. there will always be tensions and pressures in both directions for different reasons. i'd love to see the % increase, but hopefully without too much of a heavy hand from outsiders / regulatory bodies.
How will pay increase without outside or regulatory intervention? The UFC has made those options very hard, they only have themselves to blame if it comes down to the Ali Act or injunctive relief from a lawsuit loss.

You would be wrong. The UFC had more than double the revenue of Amazon in 2020 and 4 or 5 times the EBITDBA margin. So yes, Dana and company are even more greedy than Amazon. I don't think you understand how rare a near 50 percent profit margin is if you are running a legal business. Let alone businesses that run 20 to 30 percent labor costs. Would you like to try again with a whataboutism?

Do you have a legit source on this? UFC had more than DOUBLE THE REVENUE OF AMAZON IN 2020... This seems wrong wrong wrong lol Not a chance i'd say especially in 2020 when Amazon absolutely cleaned the fuck up due to the pandemic and sold more than ever.

Do you have a legit source on this? UFC had more than DOUBLE THE REVENUE OF AMAZON IN 2020... This seems wrong wrong wrong lol Not a chance i'd say especially in 2020 when Amazon absolutely cleaned the fuck up due to the pandemic and sold more than ever.

I looked at Google and no way in hell UFC made more revenue than amazon in 2020

In 2019, UFC broke their financial records and reportedly had around $900 million in revenue.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...oke-just-about-every-record-including-revenue

Amazo AMZNn delivered a record performance in 2020 with annual revenue up 38% to $386 billion, a yearly increase of over $100 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shelle...-soars-84-with-sales-hitting-386-billion/amp/

Amazon is a publicly traded company (I'm on my phone, so google it). And the UFCs revenue is in my first post.

I was shocked too, I assume Amazon spins off some of their other business. And yes the UFC has larger revenues than Walmart also.

Edit:ignore this im dyslexic

In 2019, UFC broke their financial records and reportedly had around $900 million in revenue.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...oke-just-about-every-record-including-revenue

Amazo AMZNn delivered a record performance in 2020 with annual revenue up 38% to $386 billion, a yearly increase of over $100 billion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shelle...-soars-84-with-sales-hitting-386-billion/amp/

Exactly so not even close. No idea what he was talking about.

Amazon is a publicly traded company (I'm on my phone, so google it). And the UFCs revenue is in my first post.

I was shocked too, I assume Amazon spins off some of their other business. And yes the UFC has larger revenues than Walmart also.

Nah bruh you need to look more carefully lol It's not even in the same universe either.

Shouldn’t these arguments be made about company profits as opposed to revenue? Are we just going to ignore operating expenses?

Shouldn’t these arguments be made about company profits as opposed to revenue? Are we just going to ignore operating expenses?
Yeah, the point is the same even taking into account UFC expenses.

Yeah, the point is the same even taking into account UFC expenses.

Is it though?

In 2015, revenue was $609 million, fighter pay was $113 million (19% of revenue), and net income was $119 million (20% of revenue). In other words, fighter compensation was about the same as what the company’s owners got.

Is it though?

In 2015, revenue was $609 million, fighter pay was $113 million (19% of revenue), and net income was $119 million (20% of revenue). In other words, fighter compensation was about the same as what the company’s owners got.
Is there a reason you're using 2015 instead of more recent years?

Sure. But it needs to be pointed out that the UFC's success at this point isn't built off stars or some innovation. It hinges on keeping fighter pay below 20 percent of revenue. When the UFC gets investor questions about finances, the biggest concern is always fighter revenue and making sure it doesn't grow. If that's good business, sure, but be honest about how the UFC does it.
Yea, if Dana caves to Jones' demand, other fighters will smell blood and pursue similar strategies.

Because it was one the years revealed in the court documents of the lawsuit. We don’t have numbers for more recent years
We have Ebitda for 2018-2020. So that gives us profit margins effectively.

Yea, if Dana caves to Jones' demand, other fighters will smell blood and pursue similar strategies.
Yes, that's what people who love Dana miss. The UFC values control over profit. If they made Jones/Nganno, they would make money off it. But they're scared of what it will mean dowm the road more than that.

How will pay increase without outside or regulatory intervention? The UFC has made those options very hard, they only have themselves to blame if it comes down to the Ali Act or injunctive relief from a lawsuit loss.
pay increases when industry pay increases. the more successful mma is as a whole, the more it raises up pay across the board and the more pressure it puts on salaries across the board. again, i know you want to pretend the ufc is the only promoter, but it is the spread of mma beyond the ufc that impacts the ufc. and that comes back to fan interest in the sport. at the local level, at the higher levels, globally, etc.

and i still find it unlikely the lawsuit will result in too much dramatic change. the attorney's representing the plaintiffs don't give a fuck about future changes. they get paid off of a settlement.

Back