24 hours before weigh ins and the 2 hours after....

SFish51

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a bjj competition coming up and have the 169.9 class in mind. Dropping from185 what is a good weight to be the 12 hours previous when you normally begin self dehydration? And which solid do you east during this time?

Also, after this said dehydration, what is the best way to rehydrate and perform.

Willing to supply any other information. Thanks in advance

How's about just going at your normal weight? Stop with the dehydration bullshit.

seriously though the best way to rehydrate is an IV

which you'll get as soon as you're emergency admitted to the hospital, so consider that taken care of

I'm not going into weigh ins at 185.... I am at 176 and going in at normal weight would be me eating normally whatever I want.....so eating healthy 3 weeks prior doesn't sound too extreme in order to drop a weight class.

You are only looking to drop a little weight, so ignore the retards who have probably never competed in their lives. You are looking to drop about 8 pounds in water, so I would sweat out an easy 3-4 in the sauna the night before weigh-ins. Don't eat or drink anything, and you will float down an extra 2 pounds. If you are still a few pounds off (which I expect you should be), go back to the sauna. Lose whatever else you need to that morning. It should only be another 2-4 pounds or so. It won't be super pleasant, but you will certainly be good in time for your first match. Get to weigh-ins early so that you have maximum time to rehydrate and eat. Be pounding water and Gatorade between your matches too. Best of luck.

Thanks sub, but what foods do you recommend during the 2-3 hours after weigh ins that won't slow me down and still supply sufficient energy?

Also the competition is not even remotely close to my gym, (ie the competitionleaving the sixth of august and the competition is on the seventh) so I'm not sure I have access to a sauna... So :(

Back