Law 22 States sue Trump's EPA over "Dirty Power" Rule

Don't worry about the Planet. Earth will be fine. Humans might not be fine when the Earth resets itself but rest assured Earth will be ok.

Lmao at this thread.
"Heres a bunch of events and data that show we are damaging the earth"
"What are your credentials"
"It doesnt matter, let's talk about the damage to the earth"
"See, you're uneducated"
"Wtf, we are talking about our ecosystem not applying for jobs"
"I'm an engineer, you're stupid. Now quit talking to me"
"You didnt make one single point on topic"
"Sociology degree huh?"

GTFO. Can't make this shit up.

it's just funny everyone talks about education and no one seems to have one. just like if you don't read "my" propaganda books you don't read.

no go away, i'm making my moves on @Ophydian who really does need to get an av

Not enough care? I feel my energy is better used elsewhere? Angst? That one word that means all of this. Used when talking about kids?

big-freeze.jpg

Facebook_meme_Global_Cooling_11.gif

Yes... Us Gen Xers grew up being told an Ice Age was coming. You Millennials are being told it's Global Warming.

Fucking hell no way a millennial. I was born right along side you and remember duck and cover drills.

Do you feel science is ever evolving and becoming more accurate?

And sadly enough, what they are describing looks just like what is happening now but we understand the data and climate impacts better than we did 40 years ago.

So what looked like an impending ice age (we are overdue for one) has been studied and turned into models and each different scenario is leading to a global temperature increase which will make life harder for a large portion of the global population.

Not enough care? I feel my energy is better used elsewhere? Angst? That one word that means all of this. Used when talking about kids?
7924_logo.jpg

images

Ophidian.jpg

3 options. i actually graduated hs not far from austin. still have family around there. you in austin? fuck that traffic

i have an engineering degree bud. now run along with your know nothing degree (plan lol)

Since you seem so afraid to answer his question you're not really doing anything to separate yourself from the "know nothing degree" that you try to use as an insult. You're deflecting on a grade school level so time to pick up the slack.

I didnt realize an engineering degree made you an expert at environmental studies.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...ules/103-f8f8bd57-b1e1-48da-b782-00fbcc759442
Trump must hate his grandkids because when they get older all the rivers will be on fire.
Also save me the helping businesses bullshit. If the planet dies we all die.
I don't want to screw up nature even more so a CEO or share holders can add a few more coins to their pocket.
I spend my weekends at the beach or camping. It is already hotter than Satan's Taint outside because of Global Warming. I would like to enjoy the outside without having to dress up like Dustin Hoffman in Outbreak due to deregulation.
Can anyone say Drain the Swamp anymore with a straight face?

Here's the thing... I believe this is a problem. A growing one. One which we have to deal with. I believe in putting significant resources into trying to steer society in a way that will fix it. I also believe that one of the most important steps that has, effectively, yet to be taken is involving personal responsibility, consumer habits, etc, and many who say they're doing their part of manifestly not - but putting all responsibility on the big guy is an easy way to absolve themselves of responsibility. People need to be willing to lay off the chicken wings, don't take that second (or first) trip, cut down to one car and only use it when necessary and so on and so forth or they're creating demand for the companies/products that they claim to be opposed to. People need to vote with their feet on this one, and the loudest voices oftentimes don't.

This all being said, the rhetoric on this is broken and has been for a long time. The guy who said that he's 49 and that the planet has been ending since he was little is right. I'm 37 and I've been seeing headlines, doomsday predictions, proclamations of "This must be done NOW or the world will be over by (insert date her that we have passed now)" for literally my whole life. All of this "rivers on fire" talk is just more of the pattern of chicken little talk that leads so few to actually trust these doomsday proclamations. The day the sky actually does fall, your constant histrionics about it will be part of what lead to this being something people didn't take seriously.

7924_logo.jpg

images

Ophidian.jpg

3 options. i actually graduated hs not far from austin. still have family around there. you in austin? fuck that traffic

Ya fuck the traffic. San Antonio suburb. Bottom one gets my vote. Engineer by schooling, still use it to an extent but not so much in BD.

Here's the thing... I believe this is a problem. A growing one. One which we have to deal with. I believe in putting significant resources into trying to steer society in a way that will fix it. I also believe that one of the most important steps that has, effectively, yet to be taken is involving personal responsibility, consumer habits, etc, and many who say they're doing their part of manifestly not - but putting all responsibility on the big guy is an easy way to absolve themselves of responsibility. People need to be willing to lay off the chicken wings, don't take that second (or first) trip, cut down to one car and only use it when necessary and so on and so forth or they're creating demand for the companies/products that they claim to be opposed to. People need to vote with their feet on this one, and the loudest voices oftentimes don't.

This all being said, the rhetoric on this is broken and has been for a long time. The guy who said that he's 49 and that the planet has been ending since he was little is right. I'm 37 and I've been seeing headlines, doomsday predictions, proclamations of "This must be done NOW or the world will be over by (insert date her that we have passed now)" for literally my whole life. All of this "rivers on fire" talk is just more of the pattern of chicken little talk that leads so few to actually trust these doomsday proclamations. The day the sky actually does fall, your constant histrionics about it will be part of what lead to this being something people didn't take seriously.

You do realize that something like the climate just doesn’t wake up one morning and decides to shit the bed? You also need to realize that the 40 some years you are calling chicken little includes your inability to understand science and/or the complexities of climate change? Not meant as an insult but I’m guessing you were a normal child.

You do realize that something like the climate just doesn’t wake up one morning and decides to shit the bed? You also need to realize that the 40 some years you are calling chicken little includes your inability to understand science and/or the complexities of climate change? Not meant as an insult but I’m guessing you were a normal child.

Of course I realize that. The problem is that the message has been "the climate is going to just wake up and shit the bed IN TEN YEARS!" for forty years now. It would have been wonderful if politicians, common people and, yes, even opportunists in the scientific community had realized that as they spent the last forty years making bogus prediction after bogus prediction, screaming it in the town square, and then acting shocked when many common people that they need on their side don't trust the next doomsday prediction. It is the picture of a chicken little scenario - but the problem is, we all stand to lose big because of it.

But then again, some incredibly arrogant and shortsighted assholes who can't see how much they're damaging their own cause will just double down and call those who oppose them stupid when confronted with this... Maybe it's time to take a step back and repair some of the damage done to our own cause with literally decades of false predictions and treating anyone who doesn't just say "yes sir" as if they're stupid. At some point taking a step back and realizing you're the dumbshit is important, but so, so hard to do when it's so easy to just point a finger at the other guy and insist he's the idiot in the room.

The fact that climate change deniers exist is, in part, due to the botched rhetoric of the climate change community. If your first reaction is to point a finger and say, well, pretty much what you've done, some of the division is on you. Deal with that or don't but, let's be dead clear - this type of reaction doesn't help a damned bit. I'm sure it feels good, and oh so righteous though, so I guess that explains why it happens.

Rivers of Fire is not Chicken Little talk. It actually happened which lead to the Clean Water Act. People get a little pissed when the river in their town catches on fire because the local industry polluted the shit out of it. Now we have the fat version of Mr Burns reversing all these policies, all in the name of helping out businesses. Then the Rubes who will not get one single dollar from these businesses repeat the same line of deregulation helps businesses. Its the biggest Con I have ever seen. Some how Convincing people that polluting where you live so corporations can make a few extra coins is a great idea.

Of course I realize that. The problem is that the message has been "the climate is going to just wake up and shit the bed IN TEN YEARS!" for forty years now. It would have been wonderful if politicians, common people and, yes, even opportunists in the scientific community had realized that as they spent the last forty years making bogus prediction after bogus prediction, screaming it in the town square, and then acting shocked when many common people that they need on their side don't trust the next doomsday prediction. It is the picture of a chicken little scenario - but the problem is, we all stand to lose big because of it.

But then again, some incredibly arrogant and shortsighted assholes who can't see how much they're damaging their own cause will just double down and call those who oppose them stupid when confronted with this... Maybe it's time to take a step back and repair some of the damage done to our own cause with literally decades of false predictions and treating anyone who doesn't just say "yes sir" as if they're stupid. At some point taking a step back and realizing you're the dumbshit is important, but so, so hard to do when it's so easy to just point a finger at the other guy and insist he's the idiot in the room.

The fact that climate change deniers exist is, in part, due to the botched rhetoric of the climate change community. If your first reaction is to point a finger and say, well, pretty much what you've done, some of the division is on you. Deal with that or don't but, let's be dead clear - this type of reaction doesn't help a damned bit. I'm sure it feels good, and oh so righteous though, so I guess that explains why it happens.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Rivers of Fire is not Chicken Little talk. It actually happened which lead to the Clean Water Act. People get a little pissed when the river in their town catches on fire because the local industry polluted the shit out of it. Now we have the fat version of Mr Burns reversing all these policies, all in the name of helping out businesses. Then the Rubes who will not get one single dollar from these businesses repeat the same line of deregulation helps businesses. Its the biggest Con I have ever seen. Some how Convincing people that polluting where you live so corporations can make a few extra coins is a great idea.

Of course it is - at least, as you presented it. In fact, you're using the same type of bullshit histrionic rhetoric that Trump does when talking about, say, immigrants from Mexico and South America. Remember, this is what you said in the post I'm responding to:

"Trump must hate his grandkids because when they get older all the rivers will be on fire."

You didn't say "We need to take action now because we're already seeing cases where some rivers are lighting on fire due to pollution and this is likely to increase." You said "all the rivers will be on fire." One of these is a reasonable statement that someone who is not convinced either way will respond to with "Yeah, that's reasonable - we'e already seen this happen, so it makes sense to try and mitigate this in the future." The other is chicken little talk because it takes a reasonable concern and applies an unhealthy dose of hyperbole - "ALL THE RIVERS WILL BE ON FIRE! DO SOMETHING NOW OR YOU'RE STUPID! WHAT? WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME!?!?"

I'll say it again. Your own histrionics, and those like it from the climate change community, have created this environment where a lot of people who would otherwise be willing to join you in taking action think you're kooks screaming, decade after decade, that something is going to happen that never does... Until it does happen. We're all in trouble when it does and histrionic assholes like you are not helping.

You know why I compare what you're doing right now to what Trump does on the border crisis? Because he could rightly say "Look, we have some bad people crossing the border and we need to do something about it. We can let in good people, but we need to protect ourselves from the bad. Are you with me?" Instead he says "they're not sending their best" and goes on about rapists and murderers, making it sound like everyone that's coming up is like that. This gets his followers worked up into a lather through a hyperbolic treatment of a real problem - blowing it out of proportion to create political fervor. This divides people which may work for some things, but climate change? Sorry, but you need to get the people who don't agree with you on your side to win this. We have had decades of hyperbolic treatment of the issue with those who don't jump on board being called idiots by people who do things like say "All the rivers will be on fire! Ooga booga booga!" - which then doesn't come true, undermining your own position and making you appear like an unreasonable alarmist. If you want to fix this, doing this same, tired routine for the fifth decade in a row isn't going to work.

Last edited:
Fucking hell no way a millennial. I was born right along side you and remember duck and cover drills.

Do you feel science is ever evolving and becoming more accurate?

And sadly enough, what they are describing looks just like what is happening now but we understand the data and climate impacts better than we did 40 years ago.

So what looked like an impending ice age (we are overdue for one) has been studied and turned into models and each different scenario is leading to a global temperature increase which will make life harder for a large portion of the global population.

Do you think Authoritarian propaganda has gotten better, more pervasive?

As for the Science, I have a Geologist / Professor of Geology that I have worked with for a decade she is brilliant and I follow her explanations far better than the "Climate Scientists" I used to associate with from Oak Ridge National Lab and Lawrence Livermore National Lab. We are not yet at the peak and should still be warming. This should still be going on for well over a thousand years. That comes from all of the Scientists I deal with. But, with a Geologist you get a far better big picture. These "Climate Scientists" which come from all over the Scientific Spectrum make monster errors in data, short term views, and projections like I have never seen before.

The climate is changing. It is getting warmers... as it is supposed to be. The question is, how much is man effecting that change and the jury is still out by a huge margin. Anyone saying this is "Settled Science" is a propagandist talking out of their ass. One enormous volcanic eruption can change the Earth's temperature, cooling us a degrees or more for a while. The amount of CO2 spewed out by volcanic activity both within the oceans and above is enormous and still to this day, not properly accounted for by "Climate Scientists", because they just don't know.

I am not willing to destroy economies, take away freedoms and liberties, because propagandist tell me what Geologists say is still within the normal range of change. Why is it that all the solutions are always greater taxes and a reduction of liberties and freedom? Always.

I didnt realize an engineering degree made you an expert at environmental studies.
more of a cunt really.

environmental engineers are cans? they've probably taken a course or two on statistics/probabilities, data aquisiton and interpretation and engineering methods. maybe, maybe not

Ya fuck the traffic. San Antonio suburb. Bottom one gets my vote. Engineer by schooling, still use it to an extent but not so much in BD.
ii'm from the valley, but don't get below sa too much anymore, but still get to fredericksburg like twice a year. same here but we always will use the engineering method and logic. i think i'd be fucked if someone asked me to solve a differential equation, stat/dynamic problem or thermodynamics problem

It was doom and gloom under Bush Sr., then everything was wonderful under Clinton, then back to doom and gloom under Bush Jr., then everything was wonderful under Obama and now it is doom and gloom again under Trump. It is interesting how democratic presidents solve all of the world's problems problems when they are elected and republican presidents instantly cause them.

ii'm from the valley, but don't get below sa too much anymore, but still get to fredericksburg like twice a year. same here but we always will use the engineering method and logic. i think i'd be fucked if someone asked me to solve a differential equation, stat/dynamic problem or thermodynamics problem

I’m good with TD as it’s related to the work I do. As for the rest of that, no thank you. I leave that to smarter and more detailed oriented individuals.

Back