Law 22 States sue Trump's EPA over "Dirty Power" Rule

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 44nutman, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

1. 44nutman

44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...ules/103-f8f8bd57-b1e1-48da-b782-00fbcc759442
    Trump must hate his grandkids because when they get older all the rivers will be on fire.
    Also save me the helping businesses bullshit. If the planet dies we all die.
    I don't want to screw up nature even more so a CEO or share holders can add a few more coins to their pocket.
    I spend my weekends at the beach or camping. It is already hotter than Satan's Taint outside because of Global Warming. I would like to enjoy the outside without having to dress up like Dustin Hoffman in Outbreak due to deregulation.
    Can anyone say Drain the Swamp anymore with a straight face?

2. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

Honest question for ppl here, do you actually believe the earth will be doomed if we dont drastically curb co2 in the next 12 years? Ive heard this talking point by the dems and its complete nonsense

3. 44nutman

44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

I hear this talking point from Republicans that regulation stifles business that the REpublican saying it, will not get any money from said business that they want to help pollute the planet.

Open up an history book, and then read about when all our Rivers were on fire. Yes actual Rivers, you know the things that are made of water were on fucking fire. Then the government said hey, maybe we might want to reign in some of these industries before they kill us all.

no fat chicks and Hungry Joe like this.
  4. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

Im not saying that regulations are bad, im just curious, how many of you actually believe that narrative of 12 years before were doomed.

uppercutbus likes this.
  5. F1980

F1980 Blue Belt

6. Javelina

Javelina Yellow Card Yellow Card

i'm 49. the world is ending due to climate change since the 70's.

<209Bitch>

7. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

As long as President Trump is in office, they will say just about anything. The OP is literally blaming hot weather on orange man bad.

8. WarDosAnjos

WarDosAnjos Socrates of Sherdog Double Yellow Card

Great news. Trump has done everything to run this country into the ground. The more we can stand up to him the better

9. Ophydian

Ophydian Brown Belt

I believe there is a point of no return and the point if we stayed at Paris Climate Accord levels would had been delayed a few decades. The doomsday you speak of is a few decades out so who cares, right?

Hungry Joe likes this.
  10. Ophydian

Ophydian Brown Belt

I find it hard to believe someone who has reached 49 and has the mental ability to operate a smart phone or computer would suggest something as foolish to say He’s been hearing about climate change as long as he’s been alive inferring that the worlds climate would go to shit in a short amount of time.

Sano, Sohei and zebby23 like this.
  11. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

This Republican talking point is what is complete nonsense, and completely misses the underlining key point.
    Whether it's 12 years from now, or 40, there is a timer that has already started. Who gives a shit if scientists are off by 20 years ? Does that at all change the fact that there is a ginormous problem?

Instead of doing anything to preserve the planet that we live on, the air and water we need to live, we are not just doing nothing to save ourselves, but we're making it worse by actually actively fucking ourselves and children more.

And it isn't "the dems" that created this "talking point". It came from scientists and the UN

12. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room Double Yellow Card

What prevents those states from enacting their own environmental law, and inspiring/pressuring neighboring states to follow suit?

13. zebby23

zebby23 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Show the evidence you have to back up your claim.

no fat chicks likes this.
  14. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Gold Belt

One by one he will tear them all down in favour of corporate lobbyist.

Trump Pushed for Mining Project That Could Destroy Alaska Salmon Ecosystems, Despite EPA Opposition

President Donald Trump had personally intervened — after a meeting with Alaska's Republican Governor Mike Dunleavy on Air Force One in June — to withdraw the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) opposition to a gold mining project in the state that the federal government's own scientists have acknowledged would destroy native fisheries and undermine the state's fragile ecosystems.

When the internal announcement was made by Trump political appointees that the agency was dropping its opposition, which came one day after the Trump-Dunleavy meeting, sources told CNN it came as a "total shock" to some of the top EPA scientists who were planning to oppose the project on environmental grounds. Sources for the story, the news outlet noted, "asked to remain anonymous for fear of retribution."

[​IMG]

After being told that the decision was made, one EPA inside told CNN, "I was dumbfounded. We were basically told we weren't going to examine anything. We were told to get out of the way and just make it happen."

15. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Are you telling me you actually believe that stuff?

Sketch likes this.
  16. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Brown Belt Platinum Member

BarryDillon and Sano like this.
  17. Javelina

Javelina Yellow Card Yellow Card

:sherlock:

18. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room Double Yellow Card

I'm not suggesting the EPA be eliminated. I'm suggesting states enact more stringent laws where they feel the federal layer is dropping the ball. Looks like they can but people don't honestly care enough about anything but themselves and their own pocketbooks to actually enforce environmental protection laws. And of course, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

19. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Brown Belt Platinum Member

Based on that piece it appears some states do. But again back to that piece they can only legislate and enforce legislation for activities in the state. Can they do anything about air pollution from a neighboring state? Or a river that's source is in another state?

BarryDillon likes this.
  20. MadDildo

MadDildo Shame Staff Member Senior Moderator

This thread isn't about climate change. It's about pollution particulates that have already been shown to have a direct, devastating effect on our public's health. They increase the rate of pulmonary diseases, and exacerbate those that already exist. They result in early deaths. They cause damage to cars and structures. The result is billions of dollars in damages on both a human and material scale.

The rivers being flooded with oil aren't some future, abstract threat. These are problems we've already encountered in our history. They kill fish. The damage boats. The result in fires which shuts downs ports. Again, this isn't imaginary. These were pitfalls of the industrial revolution our parents and grandparents already encountered. They took measures to curb them. What's your excuse for arguing we shouldn't?

Per climate change, Jakarta is being drowned. They're not the first. It's already happened, and continues to happen to numerous islands that are home to mostly indigent, primitive populations in the Indian ocean. They're just the first urban center getting hit where rich people will start to care. Torrential flash flooding, the kind that puts cities under several feet of water, in coastal cities in certain regions, like South Carolina, have increased from one every several years to ~11 a year. By the time you die that's going to be anywhere from 50-110 a year. Trust me, once Washington D.C.'s summers balloon a half dozen degrees on upswing years, these useless politicians will start to care.

I can't stand the ignorance required to forward a statement like this. Go outside. Read a book.