Elections 2022 Trump Primary Endorsements: NH MAGA candidate wins primary; changes tune on fraud narrative

How many of Trumps endorsements will win their Primary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Midterms are a few months away but the primaries for those races are getting close. There’s been much debate about how strong is Trumps grip on the party and over the next month or so, we will at least get to see the strength of an endorsement from him in a Republican primary. There’s four races with a pretty big spotlight of them but if you know other examples, please post:

Ohio Senate Primary
Another GOP seat where the current senator is stepping down is Ohio with Rob Portman. There’s a wide open primary vying for a Trump endorsement.JD Vance, Josh Mandel, Mike Gibbons, and Jane Timken all tried sticking to a MAGA type narrative but JD Vance received the endorsement this week. Some were surprised he got it as he criticized Trump in the past before seeking office but there’s also the aspect he’s a known figure in the public as an author and Trump seems to gravitate toward that (Oz, Walker, etc)
Primary Date: May 3rd
Result: Trump endorsement won

Pennsylvania Senate Primary
The current front runners on the GOP side are David McCormick and Dr. Oz. McCormick has been leading in polls and there’s been little campaigning really on Oz’s part in the sense of a traditional bid. Both candidates sought Trumps endorsement (McCormick wanting the endorsement or at least Trump to endorse no one) but Trump landed on Dr. Oz about a week ago, shaking up the primary which is just a few weeks away. The winner will go against either House Rep Conor Lamb or Lt Governor John Fetterman. This is a race where the current seat is with GOP senator Pat Toomey who will not be seeking another term. It also should be noted Toomey voted to impeach Trump as well.
Primary Date: May 17th
Result: Trump endorsement won

Georgia Governor Primary
This one’s interesting as it has incumbent Governor Brian Kemp facing off against former Senator David Perdue. Trump was unhappy with Kemps upholding of the Georgia presidential election results and sought a rival candidate to try to unseat him.
What’s funny is Perdue possibly is out of a job in DC due to Trumps actions during the special election. The race happened after the presidential election and Trump was luke warm at best about trying to make sure republicans kept the senate, mainly because it would undermine the election fraud narrative of a GOP senator won just months after his claim. The winner of this will face off against past challenge Stacey Abrams in the general election. Some have criticized Trump for causing a primary battle and diverting attention away from the general election for Kemp.
Primary Date: May 24th
Result: Trump endorsement lost

Alaska Senate Primary
Trump has been interested in unseating Senator Murkowski who voted to impeach Trump near the end of his term. She’s since been censured by the Alaska Republican Party and the rival candidate Trump has backed is Kelly Tshibaka. Murkoski isn’t unfamiliar with tough elections as in 2010, she lost her primary but won the general as a write in candidate.
Primary Date: August 16th

With these four races, where do you think Trumps endorsements land in the next few months? Does there success or failure signal any strength/ weakness on Trumps grip of the GOP?

Updated Results: Trump endorsement 2 for 3

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think the voters care who he endorses.

Especially curious to see how the Ohio and Georgia races turn out. I have a feeling Trump endorsements might go 1/4 here, and if something like that happens I think it would be the final proof that the party needs to steer far away. I voted 2/4 as I find it the closest reality.

Though if it ends up being 4/4 or something crazy like that, well I'll take a nap.

I think 3/4. The lady in Alaska is crushing it, JD Vance is gaining momentum as Mandel and the older dude (forget his name) make fools of themselves on the debate stage. Oz will win out with the older, suburban base who is familiar with him, despite the young, social media conservatives shitting on him non-stop.

I think Kemp is going to win out in GA tho. I don't like him or Perdue, so don't really care. What is funny though is it was Perdue who told Trump to endorse Kemp during the last election, only to now be going head to head vs Kemp and Trump shits on Kemp all the time. Both are swamp creatures tho.

edit: there are some other big endorsements you left out. Like Liz Cheney is getting primaried by someone who seems to be leading the polls over Cheney by a healthy margin. Some others too, but I need coffee for brain to function and remember those races.

Of course he’s backing oz

Unfortunately, the MAGA candidate of choice, Parnell, dropped out. Trump had endorsed him. McCormick had in the past and even recently criticized Trump, so Trump wasn't going to endorse him. The only other candidate I know of is a woman named Bennett, but she would have no chance vs the financial backing of McCormick.

Kind of a lose-lose situation to an extent. But Trump and Oz are at least friends.

I put in the wrong vote. I think everyone but AK goes for a trump guy.

Vance lucked out so hard to get that endorsement, he will probably win now but the guy is dumb as a brick.

Trump can take a hike. The opposition is a skeleton and the dumbest token Vice President in history. Any decent Republican can win.

Does he run or does he tap DeSantis on the shoulder and say "go get it"?

If he runs he gets more personal power to hand out pardons, contracts, and make policy, but he also has more work and responsibility. If he just sits back and plays kingmaker he gets all the attention and prestige still but gets to stay in his resort kingdom.

It's his kids that are going to push him to run, they want the power they had back and they know they won't have it through a DeSantis or whoever.

Agreed. If people want to vote republican, Trump’s endorsement status is irrelevant.

This is about primary races, not the general. So it would be guaranteed for the voter to vote Republican in the Republican primary.

If any of them lose will they try to over turn the elections?

Sarah Palin for the House should probably be added and followed TS.

I was thinking that but stuck with higher seats like governor and senate. Someone mentioned Cheney as well.

Back