2021 UFC HW rankings if time travel was possible

Ngannou vs 2006 Fedor would have been an incredible fight. I'm really not sure how it would go, but it almost definitely isn't going to decision

Big Nog beating prime 375lbs with a six pack Bob Sapp means Ngannou would murder him? I can't even begin to figure out the hamster brain "logic" in this one.
Big Nog was losing to a fighter with absolutely zero skill. Ngannou is more powerful than Sapp, has more skill, and isn't literally a running joke. If Stipe couldn't get Ngannou down in their rematch, Nog's only chance is a surprise leglock.

Big Nog was losing to a fighter with absolutely zero skill. Ngannou is more powerful than Sapp, has more skill, and isn't literally a running joke. If Stipe couldn't get Ngannou down in their rematch, Nog's only chance is a surprise leglock.
I have to laugh at the take roided up Sapp lasts more than a round vs francis, he got his orbital broken by a punch from Cro Cop, I love Mirko but Francis punches way harder.
Also Ngannou can come in heavier, Nostalgia is so strong

1. Fedor
2. Stipe
3. Nog
4. Ngannou
5. Werdum
6. Cain
7. Barnett
8. Cro-Cop
9. Ubereem
10. JDS / Couture / Brock

If time travel is possible someone from the future as #1
Most likely.

This is just an exercise to assess the strength of the current UFC HW by comparing them to the fighters at the pinnacle of HW MMA.

Dude what is this list haha. Where are prime cain and JDS

like i said, this is not UFC vs Pride all-time list.

I just wanted to check if the current UFC HW is a bunch of bums or not / how they stack up against prime Pride fighters. I think they are better than expected because of the depth, but not everyone agrees.

I would have Cro Cop above Francis (Legs are more deadly than his hands and with higher reach).
Barnett should be higher.
Werdum and Lewis would be lower IMO. Gane would be above them.

Though If we can move back in time, why pick only now and 2006? Why not all fighters at their peak?
Barnett is a cheat

1. Ngannou throws punches like some guy in a bar. It's actually laughable watching how bad his technique is. Everyone knows this, he gets by on his power and how pathetic the current HW crop is. Black Beast is the #2 HW in the world and beat your hero. HW is a complete joke right now.

2. You are using revisionist history. Sapp wasn't throwing fights for a paycheck at that time and was extremely dangerous. He gave the #1 MMA HW a hard fight and beat the #1 kickboxer. Sapp dwarfs Ngannou and is much more powerful than him.

You guys do remember that Fujita landed and had fedor wobbled right

What do you think Ngannou is going to do? The game has advanced. It's like saying Royce comes and subs everyone at HW. What could Fedor do what Cormier isn't as good or better at?

Ciryl Gane can and has?

He also is not on copious amounts of anabolic steroids unlike these old timers you think so highly of.

Not sure who you are saying was on roids, Ken was for sure. So are a ton of the modern guys. The list of dudes who have failed tests is gigantic. Big Nog definitely was not. Ciryl Gane looks like he is. He also hasn't won by kneebar so I think you are confused.

Actually, you must be referring to his heel hook that was worse than the one pat smith did back in the early ufc events. It was slow and on a total can. Nothing like Ken's kneebar. You need to go learn some grappling so you know the difference between a heel hook and kneebar so you don't look like a moron. Take Robbie Brawler with you too, he is also a moron that doesn't know the difference between a kneebar and a heel hook.

You guys do remember that Fujita landed and had fedor wobbled right

What do you think Ngannou is going to do? The game has advanced. It's like saying Royce comes and subs everyone at HW. What could Fedor do what Cormier isn't as good or better at?

Oh crap, prime Fedor got hit 1 time, that didn't even drop him, so Ngannou will beat him! Ngannou lost to black beast by just standing there and doing nothing, what do you think prime Fedor would do to him? Sherdog really needs to clean up it's members, these people are too stupid to be alive. I honestly don't know how they get through a day with so little brain power.

Oh crap, prime Fedor got hit 1 time, that didn't even drop him, so Ngannou will beat him! Ngannou lost to black beast by just standing there and doing nothing, what do you think prime Fedor would do to him? Sherdog really needs to clean up it's members, these people are too stupid to be alive. I honestly don't know how they get through a day with so little brain power.

Derrick Lewis beats Fedor as well. We saw what Big Foot did. We don't need hypotheticals.

1. Ngannou throws punches like some guy in a bar. It's actually laughable watching how bad his technique is. Everyone knows this, he gets by on his power and how pathetic the current HW crop is. Black Beast is the #2 HW in the world and beat your hero. HW is a complete joke right now.

2. You are using revisionist history. Sapp wasn't throwing fights for a paycheck at that time and was extremely dangerous. He gave the #1 MMA HW a hard fight and beat the #1 kickboxer. Sapp dwarfs Ngannou and is much more powerful than him.
Sapp doesn't hit half as hard as Ngannou

Also got mashed on the ground by Fujita, who isn't 1/4 as good as Stipe

My gawd, that Pride hate - thankfully you didn’t engage in any Fedor slander as opposed to @GroundNPouter
It's not Pride hate. The pride idolatry is only rivaled by Bruce Lee wank. Yes watching it was amazing. No they weren't as good as people dream they were. Fedor loses at the ripe old age of 33 and somehow he was out of his prime and it wasn't the level of competition. Yet DC fights the same people and make them look amateurs and goes on until he was 40.

Did you see what happened to fedor when he fought Dan Henderson? Are we all forgetting that? I forgot it because it was so ridiculous when you compare DC vs Hendo and Hendo vs Fedor

It's not Pride hate. The pride idolatry is only rivaled by Bruce Lee wank. Yes watching it was amazing. No they weren't as good as people dream they were. Fedor loses at the ripe old age of 33 and somehow he was out of his prime and it wasn't the level of competition. Yet DC fights the same people and make them look amateurs and goes on until he was 40.

Did you see what happened to fedor when he fought Dan Henderson? Are we all forgetting that? I forgot it because it was so ridiculous when you compare DC vs Hendo and Hendo vs Fedor

Fedor at 33 had far more mileage than DC who started MMA very late into his career. This matters in pro fighting and everyone knows that.

2006 Fedor at the top of his powers manhandles any version of DC

Fedor at 33 had far more mileage than DC who started MMA very late into his career. This matters in pro fighting and everyone knows that.

2006 Fedor at the top of his powers manhandles any version of DC
So Fedor manhandles the olympic wrestler. The one that manhandled the person that manhandled him?

are we forgetting that Mark Hunt was on top of fedor and brett rogers? Brett rogers? You would think after he was koed by a middleweight that I wouldn't have to be making posts like these but Fedornuthuggers are going to be forever.

Back