2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercedes had the hammer there. If Norris had pitted for rain tires, would Hamilton have followed or stayed out? We'll never know. It was the same dilemma that Mercedes had when the race started in the rain.
The scenes if the rolls were reversed between Hamilton/Lando...

I understand Lewis not wanting to pit because they have screwed him in the past.

I think Max/Red Bull will take P2 from the back of the grid. All signs point to Lewis having to take an engine penalty before the end.
As far drivers title is concerned but at end of the day Mercedes got more constructors points today.

McLaren really should have insisted Lando come in. For all Lando knows, a light drizzle was as bad as it was gonna get in turn 5. He was kinda fucked though being ahead like that having to make the call. Pretty heartbreaking for the kid.

Carlos P3, smooooooth operatorrrrrr

Verstappen pretty good damage control to go from last to P2 and keep the points close to lewis "my necks been really hurting but I still flew to NYC for met gala" hamilton.

As far drivers title is concerned but at end of the day Mercedes got more constructors points today.
The WDC seems to be the priority for both teams at this point. Red Bull for sure will sacrifice the constructors to get Max his WDC and I think Mercedes would as well to get Lewis #8.

The WDC seems to be the priority for both teams at this point. Red Bull for sure will sacrifice the constructors to get Max his WDC and I think Mercedes would as well to get Lewis #8.
Maybe. Either way rest of the season will be interesting, with Mclaren and even Ferrari (maybe due to circumstances today) being able to race with Mercedes and Red Bull. Hell even Alonso was able to get past Max after Perez came just ahead of Max when they pitted. Next time Ham and Max are wheel to wheel :p

Carlos P3, smooooooth operatorrrrrr

Verstappen pretty good damage control to go from last to P2 and keep the points close to lewis "my necks been really hurting but I still flew to NYC for met gala" hamilton.
It’s funny how people have been saying Lewis has too many distractions to perform in f1. It must really bother people that Lewis flies around between races and continues to win, while everyone else has to fly back home to prepare for the next race. I guess that would bother me too if I was a hater.

I dislike Lewis just as much as the next guy but taking a flight to NY to go to a fashion show isn't exactly hard on your neck lmao. Give the guy a break ffs

It's ironic the last season of one of, if not the, least competitive/boring eras of F1 is turning into one of the greats. Can't wait for Turkey.
It's been great. Anything can happen but I think it's going to go down to the last race.

It's funny because throughout the season on social media I constantly saw fans of both sides claiming the title fight is OVER because theres no way their side can come back.

Sochi, France, Spain have all been good races this year. Incredible.

It's been great. Anything can happen but I think it's going to go down to the last race.

It's funny because throughout the season on social media I constantly saw fans of both sides claiming the title fight is OVER because theres no way their side can come back.

Sochi, France, Spain have all been good races this year. Incredible.
This should go down to the final race. Was there a race between russia and Turkey? I swore this was supposed to be triple header. I am probably wrong.

This should go down to the final race. Was there a race between russia and Turkey? I swore this was supposed to be triple header. I am probably wrong.
IIRC there was supposed to be a triple header with Russia, Singapore and Japan. Then with Singapore and Japan getting canceled, Turkey replacing Japan?

IIRC there was supposed to be a triple header with Russia, Singapore and Japan. Then with Singapore and Japan getting canceled, Turkey replacing Japan?
Ok. That sounds about right. Too bad Singapore got canceled. That’s always good for drama.

edit. The sky sports guys would say drahmer not drama.

McLaren really should have insisted Lando come in. For all Lando knows, a light drizzle was as bad as it was gonna get in turn 5. He was kinda fucked though being ahead like that having to make the call. Pretty heartbreaking for the kid.

It's easy to see that now, but if it hadn't rained hard and Lando pitted for tires and Lewis stayed out, it would be a similar situation.It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Sochi went from melodramatic race with predictable outcome, to a drama filled final laps! The rain factor was a nice addition in the end. It made for some great late strategy and totally flipped the outcome. Poor Lando! He was stuck and should have taken a chance with his team instruction to box. He raced great today and will learn from this. Hamilton gets his 100 gp win record by staying calm, collected, and focused. Great race by Lewis as well. And of course Max coming from back of the grid to take a podium spot! Good stuff in Sochi today!

Sochi went from melodramatic race with predictable outcome, to a drama filled final laps! The rain factor was a nice addition in the end. It made for some great late strategy and totally flipped the outcome. Poor Lando! He was stuck and should have taken a chance with his team instruction to box. He raced great today and will learn from this. Hamilton gets his 100 gp win record by staying calm, collected, and focused. Great race by Lewis as well. And of course Max coming from back of the grid to take a podium spot! Good stuff in Sochi today!
Yeah man. I feel bad for lando. He should have listened. But Alonso put it well, said basically when you are staring down your first win, there is so much in your head. Must making thinking straight near impossible. Lando probably had tunnel vision just trying to keep Lewis behind. He will learn from it. F1 talent is looking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back