2020 Prospect watch thread

Im convinced there is something wrong with Kerimov (visa issues, USADA, management, etc.) otherwise there is just no explanation why he hasnt been signed to a bigger promotion. By this time he should have been signed.

I agree. Things are fishy. But he could make it to the UFC or to Bellator. Most ACA fighter are not targeting ONE unfortunately. But i hope he make it to the big league. Concerning Raisov, he is still 26 and have a lot to share. MMA is growing more and more in Asia and Europe. There is a new wave of prospect that need to be signed, that's great !

Raisov is still young, im sure he will make the move soon. Dude is pretty impressive and is possibly the biggest unsigned prospect at FW. Specially right now that everyone is talking about BW, I think the UFC's FW division could use some new blood like him.
Im convinced there is something wrong with Kerimov (visa issues, USADA, management, etc.) otherwise there is just no explanation why he hasnt been signed to a bigger promotion. The guy is 28 not necesarily old but not a young guy either. By this time he should have been signed.
From what I've seen Magomed Magomedov that was recently signed by Bellator said that he spend 2 years as a free agent waiting for a UFC offer still didn't received it and signed with Bellator. Unlike him, Kerimov said that he had a talk with Shelby who said that they are interested in him.

I agree. Things are fishy. But he could make it to the UFC or to Bellator. Most ACA fighter are not targeting ONE unfortunately. But i hope he make it to the big league. Concerning Raisov, he is still 26 and have a lot to share. MMA is growing more and more in Asia and Europe. There is a new wave of prospect that need to be signed, that's great !
I mean its crazy how many Eastern Europan and Asian fighters have been growing. They usually top the list of prospects, it must be a sharktank in those regions.

From what I've seen Magomed Magomedov that was recently signed by Bellator said that he spend 2 years as a free agent waiting for a UFC offer still didn't received it and signed with Bellator. Unlike him, Kerimov said that he had a talk with Shelby who said that they are interested in him.
As far as Magomedov, why do you think the UFC never tried to sign him? He is very very legit and has victory over Yan, why would they pass on him? I do hope Kerimov gets signed soon because fighting is very short lived, many things can happen and we never get to see him in the big stages.

UFC has a limit on how many Russians they want on roster
Since September UFC cut 4 Russians (Bogatov, Ibragimov, Khabilov and Imadaev) and signed only Khizriev (there is also Imavov but who knows if UFC considers him Russian or French).

As far as Magomedov, why do you think the UFC never tried to sign him? He is very very legit and has victory over Yan, why would they pass on him? I do hope Kerimov gets signed soon because fighting is very short lived, many things can happen and we never get to see him in the big stages.
Don't know. I remember when UFC signed Umar Nurmagomedov, even Dagestani fans was like -- it would be more logical to sign first Valiev, Magomedov and Kerimov. Maybe UFC prefers to sign fighters connected to their big names or maybe don't want too many ex-ACA/ACB/Akhmat champions (Yan was ACB champ, Magomedov too, Said Nurmagomedov was an Akhmat fighter) in the same weight division at the same time.

Back