2020 Prospect watch thread

He's had one fight in ARES, it might be that UFC have made him aware that they know about him and just to build up some experience first. 19 is awfully young to come into the UFC.
In interview with Karlos Vémola - czech UFC veteran , i have heard that UFC is not interested into sign guys from different continents than North America. Only if they need someone for short notice match or for Dana White contender series, u need to be champ or guy which got huge fanbase to go straight into UFC . + Most opponents of Mairon Santos were guys with negative records like 1-11 , 2-3,7-11,1-3 or guys with 3-2 , 3-3 , 2-1 he have to beat some UFC veterans to get his shot

Last edited:
In interview with Karlos Vémola - czech UFC veteran , i have heard that UFC is not interested into sign guys from different continents than North America. Only if they need someone for short notice match or for Dana White contender series, u need to be champ or guy which got huge fanbase to go straight into UFC . + Most opponents of Mairon Santos were guys with negative records like 1-11 , 2-3,7-11,1-3 or guys with 3-2 , 3-3 , 2-1 he have to beat some UFC veterans to get his shot
Yeah I would assume it is harder to market non-American fignters for the UFC, still there are some fighters that can make waves and remain unsigned by any large promotion because they are considered unmarketabke, I guess at the end of the days, this is still a business.
As far as Mairon Santos goes, I guess his record is deceiving, however, he is still 19 and has a long way to go, he just needs a step up in competition.

I don't really have a problem with what he did because he was 19 and got 10 fights in 1 year. If you're fighting on that short notice you're not going to get anyone good. Got some good experience out of it and his last two opponents were 7-1 & 8-1 so he's starting to take a step up.

I don't really have a problem with what he did because he was 19 and got 10 fights in 1 year. If you're fighting on that short notice you're not going to get anyone good. Got some good experience out of it and his last two opponents were 7-1 & 8-1 so he's starting to take a step up.

Yeah most 19 year old fighters in the states or Europe would be fighting ammy anyway.

of course but still 10-0 vs not good opponents, its not enough for ticket into UFC thats all .
btw these two matches are not on sherdog there is last
match win vs 6-2 guy

of course but still 10-0 vs not good opponents, its not enough for ticket into UFC thats all .
btw these two matches are not on sherdog there is last
match win vs 6-2 guy
Yeah it gives somone to watch out for in the future. Hopefully he continues to develop and doesnt get the Pico treatment. As much as people criticize how AJ Mckee or Fortune were brought up, it is kind of the right idea though, these young, inexperienced fighters should be fighting other inexperienced fighters.

Last edited:
A step up in competition would cement him as a legit contender. someone like mike shipman, alessio sakara, or pietro penini perhaps.
shipman would be a fun fight I think

That's bullshit. Let's look at the top two divisions, weight-wise, and recent ish signings...

HW
Romanov, Spivak, Gane, Parry (rumoured), Pessoa, Aspinall, Philipe Lins

LHW
Stosic, Rakic, Ibragimov, Da Un Jung, Bukauskas, Prachazka

They just signed Dvorak, a fellow Czech, at flyweight.

They're off to Kazakhstan and signing Kazakhs

Vemola is bitter because he's smashing cans and not doing enough to warrant UFC interest, so coming out with statements like that makes him feel better about his situation.

That's bullshit. Let's look at the top two divisions, weight-wise, and recent ish signings...

HW
Romanov, Spivak, Gane, Parry (rumoured), Pessoa, Aspinall, Philipe Lins

LHW
Stosic, Rakic, Ibragimov, Da Un Jung, Bukauskas, Prachazka

They just signed Dvorak, a fellow Czech, at flyweight.

They're off to Kazakhstan and signing Kazakhs

Vemola is bitter because he's smashing cans and not doing enough to warrant UFC interest, so coming out with statements like that makes him feel better about his situation.
What? Dvořák short notice fight he even got offered special contract cuz short notice fight .... and he was not defeated for 8 years in row.. like 50% of them are short notice and yes they are probably off to kazakhstan to sign kazakhs but just only cuz they wanna go into kazakhs market so they need someone from kazakhstan.. and lets talk about Vemola yes few of his opponents were cans but he grew whole scene on cz/sk they was not able to find better opponents for him at start from last 20 matches he had 2 loses one vs Jack Hermansson - (it was fight for ufc shot - he lost it cuz Jack broke his arm via submission ) he beaten guys like Rimbon,Kincl,Anoulah ,Frankenstein wanted to go in with Zwicker but Zwicker was arrested... and last time he lost vs Attila Vegh - if he won this fight again ticket into UFC but Vemola went into fight with injury and his mentality was on low lvl so he freezed and got owned by Attila Végh which was in best form of his life .. yes we talkin about Attila Végh which was Bellator champ
oktagon.zwizio.com-oktagon.zwizio.com-attila-vegh-dsc-9856-aspect-ratio-400x600-683x1024.jpg - Attila vs Zwicker

fd6f3d3ad8f4152e440e.jpg Attila vs Vemola

and iam sure if there will be rematch Vémola in best form will beat Attila in best form + if Vémola fights only in MW he is kinda unbeatable out of ufc but he would fight "only" 2-3 times per year max

Last edited:
Was impressed by Jack Cartwright on the Cage Warriors show. He got himself in a few troubling situations but seemed very calm getting out of them. Good to see how he dealt with having to go the full 5 and having a bit of adversity for the first time in his career.

Fucking BRUTAL cut! One of the worst I've ever seen!

Back