2020 is 10 Years Since the WEC Folded. UFC Should Hold a WEC Vet Card, w/ Stann as Guest Commentator

He saw no future with the UFC penny pinching with his salary and making him travel every weekend away from his family. This is just my guess and I have no basis on this claim but I honestly wouldn’t doubt it.

UFC is cheap

Pretty sure he said it was the travel.

Zombie Vs Poirier
Cruz Vs Aldo
Cerrone Vs Pettis II
Faber Vs Assuncao II
Swanson Vs Lamas II
Lets do it.

giphy.gif

<[analyzed}><5><NewGina>

Damaging in what way. This isn't 2009. They're not going to name it UFC 250: WEC Rises or some chit. Just quietly load the card with WEC fighters. Casuals wouldn't know the difference.
<mma4>upload_2020-1-21_12-1-56.png<mma4>

Frank Mir and Stephan Bonnar should be the commentators.

Too bad Britney is so far away from her prime that it would be better to leave her at home

Brittney-Palmer-pic-5.jpg

All the non-UFC orgs always got tons of hype and attention....from Strikeforce to Affliction to EliteXC to Dream, none of them compared to WEC. Really no wonder that Zuffa acquired it as quickly/early as possible.

Great stable of fighters and 100% would have survived without Zuffa.

Condit vs Ellenburger 2? (Only winnable reasonable fight I can think of for Condit)
Pettis vs Cerrone 2
Faber vs Wineland 2
Lamas vs Swanson 2
KZ vs Zabit
Aldo vs Cruz
Krause vs a top 15 ww

That would be a fun card. Faber, Pettis, Cerrone, Condit and Swason are just going to get used to hype up up and comers as wins of a big name.

So many of the WEC greats are in the twilight of their careers. Would be a nice homage to the organization and those that carried it to have a card with possibly Dom and Stann on the mic, sharing stories and letting Aldo, Faber, Cerrone, Condit, Showtime, etc. have one last swan song.

0aVRhbE.gif

I can dig it!

i always wanted them to continue WEC and Pride

there was a slight chance back when Zuffa owned it

but it would be a miracle if WME-IMG Endevour consider it imo

Sounds great.

1+ for Steve Cantwell comeback run to finally reach his potential and dethrone Jon Jones in the end of it.

I like the Idea TS...Kudos, Just add in some Chan Sung Jung violence and it would be an absolutely staked Retro Event...
<mma4><Goldie11><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Sounds great.

1+ for Steve Cantwell comeback run to finally reach his potential and dethrone Jon Jones in the end of it.
The Robot...ahaha, he would be a good where are they at now subject

Back