Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v5: Primary Season Begins

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Tom Steyer (Entrepreneur)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's a different question right? If he loses under the rules of the game that is not getting screwed.

What is the legitimate point? If Bernie loses under the rules they're all playing by that we deserve another 4 years of the most corrupt and incompetent president? That Bernie supporters are right to protest that he lost fair and square? Nope, that's childish and deserves criticism.
Losing because superdelegates gifted an election to the person who got less delegates and less voters, isn't losing fair and square.

If you can't see how unfair that is, then this conversation can't go any further. It's a fundamental difference of what is right and wrong in politics. You cannot expect the majority of American people to turn out for a person they did not select. It COULD NOT be more simple…

Let's make sure we're posting in good-faith in here folks. This is very important to our democracy.

I was just about to post this. Anyone would look weak with this many people running. Normally people like Pete and Klo would have already dropped out. Warren should be done after Nevada. Looks like all of them though are trying to just last until the convention and hope they get picked over Bernie.

That is the strategy and I do not doubt that the DNC and the corporate dems are confused enough about what is happening in the country to think that is a good idea.

They really need to think deeply about what is best for the country here as a racs act could tear our already weakened democracy to pieces at a time when we desperately need unity.

They need to unify the party behind Bernie as they have been telling Bernie people to do all along. I know that is tough for them to hear but it is the truth.

The stakes are very high.

What is the legitimate point? If Bernie loses under the rules they're all playing by that we deserve another 4 years of the most corrupt and incompetent president? That Bernie supporters are right to protest that he lost fair and square? Nope, that's childish and deserves criticism.

It's not just about stealing it from Bernie under "the rules of the game". If the DNC does this they will be giving the election to Trump. Every single debate and commercial will be about how the Dems complained about the popular vote and then stole it from Bernie. Every debate will be Trump telling the nominee that he\she shouldn't even be on stage and someone should go get Bernie.

Now imagine the normal person at home hearing that the DNC picked their nominee not based on who got the most votes\delegates but by special people who are also lobbyist for financial institutions. It's going to look extremely bad and it's going to give Trump a ton of ammo that will all be 100% true. This move would hurt voter turn out and that's the last thing we need right now.

It's not just about stealing it from Bernie under "the rules of the game". If the DNC does this they will be giving the election to Trump. Every single debate and commercial will be about how the Dems complained about the popular vote and then stole it from Bernie. Every debate will be Trump telling the nominee that he\she shouldn't even be on stage and someone should go get Bernie.

Now imagine the normal person at home hearing that the DNC picked their nominee not based on who got the most votes\delegates but by special people who are also lobbyist for financial institutions. It's going to look extremely bad and it's going to give Trump a ton of ammo that will all be 100% true. This move would hurt voter turn out and that's the last thing we need right now.
Let’s not lose sight of the fact that if Bernie goes into the convention with the most votes and delegates and the super delegates give the W to Bloomberg, Peter, or whoever, its not just Bernie who gets the L, its the people who voted for him who get the L. It’s the people who would benefit from the policies they support who would get the L. Democracy gets the L.

And, depending on who gets the the W, there is a very good chance that Trump gets one, too.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that if Bernie goes into the convention with the most votes and delegates and the super delegates give the W to Bloomberg, Peter, or whoever, its not just Bernie who gets the L, its the people who voted for him who get the L. It’s the people who would benefit from the policies they support who would get the L. Democracy gets the L.

And, depending on who gets the the W, there is a very good chance that Trump gets one, too.
Yeah, I can’t see any possible scenario in which the DNC acting against the will of the greatest number of voters in their own party ends up in anything but a ridiculous disaster in the general election.

Fortunately, I think the people at the convention will be smart enough to figure that out, too.

Yeah, I can’t see any possible scenario in which the DNC acting against the will of the greatest number of voters in their own party ends up in anything but a ridiculous disaster in the general election.

Fortunately, I think the people at the convention will be smart enough to figure that out, too.
Hopefully it isn’t even an option, but if it is...

giphy.gif

Damn, shark tank in here.

When you think about it, having the DNC cancel super delegates in the first round of voting was crucial. Before, superdelegates would already be projected and sway voters one way or the other while blurring the lines of their actual influence. Now, it will be there for all to see.

You have a lot more faith in the dnc than i do. I think they hate the idea of giving bernie a w enough to really do something foolish.

See mainstream media considers this type of slander to be okay. It's not going overboard when we tell people like this to fuck themselves.

I would love it if there are any black Sanders supporters or just black voters in general on this forum that would care to comment on this.

if Bernie gets the votes of the American people and a contested convention makes someone else the candidate it will reinforce everything Donald Trump has said about politics in the past 4 years.

There is even talk of Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton swooping in at the last moment because the only candidates with star power are train wrecks waiting to happen and IMO Joe Biden is the only one who has a chance against Trump. But that ship has sailed.

As a Trumper, Biden 4-8 years ago would have been a showdown. Now he just looks and sounds old.

Bloomberg would get crushed against Trump, which is getting more evident by the day (his record and the debate debacle).

Bloomberg would likely roll over for Trump as his goal isnt to become President but just beat Bernie.

You guys sure do love living on hypotheticals. Oh, and Trump already is. Id love to know how you think Bernie would stop trolls on facebook though.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...y-workforce-secure-nation-promote-prosperity/

bernie is a russian agent and is a threat to our wonderful democracy. we must get mueller to investigate him
I am completely shocked this story comes out mere days after Trump purged DNI leadership in favor of political hacks. Nothing gets past you guys and your world class intuition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back