Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v5: Primary Season Begins

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Tom Steyer (Entrepreneur)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you just mean "but elections are about deciding who sets policy"? If you think that Trump should be president, you should defend that rather than try to change the subject.

Trump has only been in one election so far. In every election, there are two likely winners, and you choose the better one. That's how it works. This notion that everyone is entitled to their ideal candidate is silly. Get over yourself.

Everyone who voted for Trump or who didn't vote has a share in him being in power. That's just common sense.

The problem seems to me that you have a way overly grand vision of your own importance that essentially makes it impossible for you to participate in society.

Naw I said it exactly the way I want.

I am not interested in your reductionist games.

The 'you choose the better one' ('but... Trump') logic is the key to everything the DNC and Dem elite do to justify their lack of ethics and gaming the system.

They think if they state what is a truism ('you choose the better one') and demand 'voters choose the better one', that means that nothing they do prior ultimately matters because NOW, TODAY, you only have two choices so 'choose the better one'.

Damn you voters and plebes, just fall in line and choose our hand picked 'better one' or we will blame you forever for allowing the worse one ('but.. Trump') to get in.

Sorry Jack, the game is exposed and obvious and those who would play that gambit and make that bet (we can screw them and take away their democratic pick as they then will have no choice) will not, and SHOULD NOT be rewarded with a compliant and complacent voting class falling in line and simply towing the only line they are PURPOSELY being given as that then lets the DNC and Elites know they can always do that. That they never have to give the voters their choice and only have to give them,a s you say 'the better one' even if the 'better one' is arguably the only politician as universally liked as "but... Trump"

Instead I will enjoy hearing you and others yell year over year as you blame the voters...

'Damn you plebes. Damn you voters wanting choice. Fall in line you reprobate and vote Hillary or any of our hand picked 'better ones'. That is how it is SUPPOSED TO work. We control this, not you. You get the illusion of choice only when it aligns with ours.'

Naw I said it exactly the way I want.

I am not interested in your reductionist games.

The 'you choose the better one' ('but... Trump') logic is the key to everything the DNC and Dem elite do to justify their lack of ethics and gaming the system.

They think if they state what is a truism ('you choose the better one') and demand 'voters choose the better one', that means that nothing they do prior ultimately matters because NOW, TODAY, you only have two choices so 'choose the better one'.

Damn you voters and plebes, just fall in line and choose our hand picked 'better one' or we will blame you forever for allowing the worse one ('but.. Trump') to get in.

Sorry Jack, the game is exposed and obvious and those who would play that gambit and make that bet (we can screw them and take away their democratic pick as they then will have no choice) will not, and SHOULD NOT be rewarded with a compliant and complacent voting class falling in line and simply towing the only line they are PURPOSELY being given as that then lets the DNC and Elites know they can always do that. That they never have to give the voters their choice and only have to give them,a s you say 'the better one' even if the 'better one' is arguably the only politician as universally liked as "but... Trump"

Instead I will enjoy hearing you and others yell year over year as you blame the voters...

'Damn you plebes. Damn you voters wanting choice. Fall in line you reprobate and vote Hillary or any of our hand picked 'better ones'. That is how it is SUPPOSED TO work. We control this, not you. You get the illusion of choice only when it aligns with ours.'

Just to clarify. In the case no one passes the post in that fptp system, what margin of lead would you need to have to be fully ok electing the leading candidate? Say Bernie is at 1600, Biden 1400 and Bloomberg 700. But Biden is the second choice of 40% of Bloomberg voters (all hypothetical) should the DNC strategically break that down in a case of slightl plurality with mitigating factors? Or just go ahead with it?

Yeah, the evil DNC created the concept of elections where not every voter gets their own president.

If you don't like democracy, you should simply state that openly rather than playing these games.

Where in the world is Tulsi Gabbard?

tenor.gif

I wonder if there are still people on this forum who are stupid enough to think the mainstream media isn't just a branch of the DNC?

Also, let's talk about how intellectually dishonest this whole notion of Sanders and "progressives" being the ones who wrote the rules on superdelegates.

Glad to see the New York Times still practice in intellectual dishonesty on a frequent basis…

Where in the world is Tulsi Gabbard?

tenor.gif
She’s sadly become another coward who puts personal self interest above principles

Wish her and her podcast the best of luck but her legacy will be that she abandoned her post in Congress(hasn’t voted on anything in a year) and failed to fulfil her promise to fight regime change wars. This culminates in a betrayal of the progressive movement who welcomed her with open arms and set the stage for her to become in any way a relevant figure.

I would be pleasantly surprised if you even voted.
You also too ignorant to realize we're the ones who vote early. I'm just saying.

I think the dude has a lot of trouble separating concepts in his mind. Even granting his conspiracy theorizing about some kind of subversion of democracy in the process, it doesn't follow that America is better off with Trump as the president. If True Progressives got their heads out of their asses, they'd realize that Republicans being the default option for anyone unhappy with anything in politics is the main factor in policy being to the right of the preferences of the public. And for some reason, you never see that idiocy on the right. "Republicans failed to roll back the Medicaid expansion and subsidies for people to buy health insurance so I'm voting for someone who wants single payer now!" "The evil RNC is stopping Weld and Walsh from getting a fair shot at the nomination in 2020 so I'm not voting or I'll vote for the Democrat!" "The GOP didn't cut taxes for rich people and big corporations enough so I'm voting for Bernie! That'll teach them!"
If this were the 1960s, you would be saying racial justice is too much too fast. We're not waiting anymore for people like you to grow a conscience. You either have it or you don't, and it's clear you only really care about what happens to people in your own tax bracket. It's funny how you are so against Donald Trump but you continuously shun the only candidate with the excitement and movement behind them to beat Donald Trump. Sanders consistently poles higher against Donald Trump than any other Democratic candidate. So either join the movement or get out of the way. Because you know none of these other Democrats stand a chance against Donald.

The only thing you do is call us conspiracy theorist because our logic shreds you to pieces every single time we post evidence that you then immediately disregard.

Not a word you said has any truth to it.

Last edited:
This whole Castro thing is so ridiculous, it really gets my goat. So many DNC people out there spewing clearly rehearsed/focus grouped talking points. How can they in one breath lambast Sanders, but then in the next praise Obama, when they literally said the same thing? It's such a non-issue it makes me agitated. It's a well known fact that that they have been testing and polling lines of attack on Bernie, I wrote about it earlier, but look at these idiots and how transparent they are with their rehersed nonsense.

First one timestamped (can't find the original source):

Tom Perez timestamped:

Here's the view being hypocrites:

And here's Obama, which they couldn't love more, saying the same thing:

And here's Obama, which they couldn't love more, saying the same thing:

It's weird how dogmatic towards Obama they have to be. The Democrats in this/last campaign treat him the same way the Republicans treat Reagan.

- Paid for by Bloomberg 2020, the DNC, and the DCC
LOL Sanders has really revealed himself to be a very vile communist.

But now such an act of sexism and misogyny???

He should be embarrassed and forced to apologize to both of them IMMEDIATELY!

This is utterly disqualifying…

LOL Sanders has really revealed himself to be a very vile communist.

But now such an act of sexism and misogyny???

He should be embarrassed and forced to apologize to both of them IMMEDIATELY!

This is utterly disqualifying…
It truly “has begun” I’m even seeing my derpy friends and relatives posting Thomas Friedman links and other garbage propagandists that make them feel smart.

They are REALLY ramping it up because they know this is their last chance. Who was it that said that there was no media bias against Sanders again? That's simply impossible to claim now the mask is completely off. Lies, coordinated attacks, smears, corruption, running internal polling on attack ads, plotting superdelegates. It's insane, imagine if Sanders comes out big after Super Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back