Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v3

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Corey Booker (Senator NJ)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto O'Rourke (Former US Congressman TX)

• Julian Castro (Former Secretary of HUD)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttigieg on Maddow, addresses recent criticisms.

The problem for me with a public option is that the wealth donor class will ensure that it is whittled away at until it is a shit program.

The only way to ensure high quality care for everyone is to make sure the donor class are on the same plan as everyone else.

Maddow ought to ask Pete to address that point IMO.

The problem for me with a public option is that the wealth donor class will ensure that it is whittled away at until it is a shit program.

The only way to ensure high quality care for everyone is to make sure the donor class are on the same plan as everyone else.

Maddow ought to ask Pete to address that point IMO.

Aka “eat the rich” — the only way to ensure a bad plan from becoming a shit plan is to make sure the bad plan is the only option for everyone. Let’s take away more choice and call it freedom

Its going to come down to biden,sanders,and warren and most likely sanders v biden (i don't think america is ready for another woman pres so soon after clintons failed attempt)

Aka “eat the rich” — the only way to ensure a bad plan from becoming a shit plan is to make sure the bad plan is the only option for everyone. Let’s take away more choice and call it freedom

I don't like that framing at all.

Off the top of my head I would begin with the immorality of medical care being for profit in the first place and go from there.

I wouldn't put it like that, but the left's thinking on healthcare is pretty fucked up, IMO. Single payer has become a destructive obsession. I made this point to @Trotsky, but healthcare-access issues are a subset of the broader problem of a flawed income-distribution system (as I explained, as a country gets richer, it spends a higher portion of income on healthcare, which shuts out people on the lower end without some gov't intervention). I understand that a broad solution to income inequality is a hard climb politically so that's the argument for single-payer (as a more-pragmatic solution), but by the same token, single-payer is a very hard climb, and other access-improving methods should also be on the table. As a rule, specific policies should never be the goal (the goals should be the ends that one believes the policies will lead to), and a lot of bad thinking is resulting from the breaking of that rule.

One thing not talked about is averaging each state and according to Norma Chomsky it's really not good for Democrats in the overall picture. I know it's 11 month's away but it's really coming down to Biden or Bernie. I know Biden was VP already but I don't know if there is term limits. That being said depending on what one wins the other one gets VP or secretary of state.

The reality we need turnout by people loyal to a specific candidate. Chomsky view is the slightest break will give us Trump four more years. Nothing off the table including social security cuts. Democrats have to move past their ideology according to Chomsky and that was not an easy admission by him.

This basically sums it up:

8KtPTMg.jpg

That's a really bad photoshop those are not his teeth. It's literally womans month and cheeks overlapped on his face and his brows where overlapped with some else brows. Try harder lol and I have no love for him.

Joe%2BBiden%2Bsmile%2Breaction%2Bat%2Bdebate.gif

Politics
Bloomberg
Biden, Sanders, Warren Tied in California Poll: Campaign Update
(Bloomberg) -- Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are running neck-and-neck for the top spot in California, according to a poll from CNN and SSRS released Wednesday.The poll found Biden with 21% support in the state, followed by Sanders with 20% and Warren with 17%. All three were within the margin of error of 5.2 percentage points. Pete Buttigieg was in fourth with 9%, all the others were polling in single digits. The poll was conducted from Dec. 4-8.The poll diverged from one released last week by the Los Angeles Times that showed Sanders leading with 24%, Warren with 22%, Biden with 14% and Buttigieg with 12%. The LA Times survey was conducted before Kamala Harris dropped out of the race.The CNN poll on Wednesday also surveyed Democratic voters in Texas where Biden led with 35%, followed by Sanders with 15%. Warren had 13% support, Buttigieg 9% and the rest of the field in single digits. The Texas poll was also conducted Dec. 4-8 and has a margin of error of 6.6 percentage points.California and Texas will vote on Super Tuesday March 3. The two states allot the highest number of delegates, 15.Bloomberg to Give $10 Million to Help Democrats (9:57 a.m.)Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg plans to donate $10 million to help protect House Democrats targeted by Republicans for their support of impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, his campaign said.The contribution to House Majority PAC, first reported by The Washington Post, comes after Bloomberg spent more than $110 million last year to help Democrats win control of the House, and as he has spent $100 million so far in a late bid for the party’s presidential nomination in 2020.The Republican National Committee launched a campaign in late September targeting vulnerable House Democrats with television and digital ads. So far, it’s spent $2.3 million on ads running in 14 districts, according to data from Advertising Analytics. America Action Network, a conservative nonprofit organization, has spent $5.6 million on ads either attacking Democrats or supporting Republicans for their positions on impeachment. America First Policies has spent $1.2 million on ads opposing impeachment.“House Democrats are holding the president accountable, and they need resources to stay in office,” a statement from his campaign said. Bloomberg is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement that the former New York mayor was “a critical ally” in helping the party regain the House majority and “now, the stakes are even higher.” -- Bill Alison and Mark NiquetteCOMING UPElizabeth Warren will deliver an economic policy speech at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics in Manchester at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday.Joe Biden will travel to San Antonio, Texas, for a community event on Friday afternoon.Seven Democratic presidential candidates have so far qualified for the final debate of 2019 in Los Angeles on Dec. 19.(Michael Bloomberg is also seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. Bloomberg is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.)\--With assistance from Bill Allison and Mark Niquette.To contact the reporter on this story: Emma Kinery in Washington at [email protected] contact the editors responsible for this story: Wendy Benjaminson at [email protected], Max BerleyFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bloomberg-10-million-help-democrats-145735813.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back