Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v3

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Corey Booker (Senator NJ)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto O'Rourke (Former US Congressman TX)

• Julian Castro (Former Secretary of HUD)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The third debate has narrowed the field a lot which calls for a new thread and poll.

Running

Joe Biden (Former Vice President)
Bernie Sanders (Senator VT)
Elizabeth Warren (Senator MA)
Corey Booker (Senator NJ)
Amy Klobuchar (Senator MN)
Michael Bennet (Senator CO)
Julian Castro (Former Secretary of HUD)
Deval Patrick (Former Governor MA)
Tulsi Gabbard (US Congresswoman HI)
John Delaney (US Congressman MD)
Micheal Bloomberg (Former Mayor NYC/ CEO)
Pete Buttigieg (Mayor South Bend, IN)
Tom Steyer (Entrepreneur)
Andrew Yang (Entrepreneur)
Marianne Williamson (Entrepreneur)

Suspended Campaign/ Dropped Out
Richard Ojeda (VA State Senator)
Eric Swalwell (US Congressman CA)
John Hickenlooper (Former Governor CO)
Jay Islee (Former Governor WA)
Mike Gravel (Former Senator AK)
Kirsten Gillibrand (Senator NY)
Bill DeBlasio (Mayor New York, NY)
Beto O'Rourke (Former US Congressman TX)
Tim Ryan (US Congressman OH)
Seth Moulton (US Congressman MA)
Wayne Messam (Mayor Miramar, FL)
Joe Sestak (Former US Congressman PA)
Steve Bullock (Governor MT)
Kamala Harris (Senator CA)

Possible
Eric Holder (Former US Attorney General)
Stacey Abrams (Former GA State House Rep)

Not Running
Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State)
Andrew Cuomo (Governor NY)
Sherrod Brown (Senator OH)
Terry McAuliffe (Formerly Governor VA)
Oprah Winfrey (Entrepreneur)

Debate Threads
First Democratic Debate (6/26 Night 1)
First Democratic Debate (6/27 Night 2)
Second Democratic Debate (7/30 Night 1)
Second Democratic Debate (7/31 Night 2)
Third Democratic Debate (9/12)
Fourth Democratic Debate (10/15)
Fifth Democratic Debate (11/20)

Previous Threads
V1: The Announcements
V2: First Two Debates

Last edited:
Here’s Who’s Qualified For The Third Democratic Debate
Five Thirty Eight
RTX71KEF-4x3.jpg

One or two nights — that is the overriding question for the third Democratic primary debate, which is scheduled for Sept. 12 and, possibly, Sept. 13. As of Monday afternoon, exactly 10 presidential contenders have qualified to participate, and if that number stands, all 10 will be on stage at the same time and the debate will be confined to a single night. But if more than 10 candidates make it by Wednesday’s deadline, the hosts — ABC News and Univision, in partnership with the Democratic National Committee — plan to have two nights of debate, conducting a random draw this Thursday to determine each night’s lineup. While we watch for last-minute surveys to drop, here’s a look at where the candidates currently stand.

I voted for Creepy Joe. He's a damn weirdo but he's like 90% less crazy than the rest of that mess.

Kirsten Gillibrand Drops Out of 2020 Democratic Presidential Race
New York Times
28gillibrand1-jumbo-v2.jpg

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, who presented herself in the presidential race as a champion of women and families, said Wednesday that she was withdrawing from the Democratic primary after failing to qualify for a third debate next month — a development she described as fatal to her candidacy.

Ms. Gillibrand said in an interview that she would endorse another candidate in the primary but had not yet picked a favorite. Though she stopped short of saying she would endorse a woman, Ms. Gillibrand, who has made electing women to Congress a personal cause, said the next president had to be capable of uniting the country and suggested that a woman might be best suited for the job.

“I think that women have a unique ability to bring people together and heal this country,” Ms. Gillibrand said, adding, “I think a woman nominee would be inspiring and exciting.”

Here’s how to listen to every Vox podcast interview with a 2020 Democratic candidate
Vox
Candidates_podcat__1_.7.jpg

Democratic veterans and newcomers alike have lined up to challenge President Trump in the 2020 election. With the field more crowded than it’s been in years, it can be easy to get lost in the horse race — and hard to keep track of where candidates stand on the issues that affect people’s lives.

Enter Vox’s expanding stable of thought-provoking podcasts.

From South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg talking about climate change and rural America on Recode Decode to Sen. Elizabeth Warren sharing her plan to break up Big Tech on The Ezra Klein Show, here are nine Vox podcast episodes that will help you learn how the candidates think about policies that affect your lives. Happy listening.

Why New York Times reporters rallied around Breitbart following an O’Rourke campaign event
Vox
1130780862.jpg.0.jpg

It’s not typical to see New York Times journalists rallying around Breitbart, but that’s what happened Tuesday.

They did so after senior Breitbart editor Joel Pollak published an article lamenting that he was asked to leave a Beto O’Rourke campaign event at Benedict College, a historically black college in South Carolina, earlier that day — a move Pollak and others saw as an attack on the freedom of the press.

“[W]ith his poll numbers falling in the Democratic presidential primary, O’Rourke has decided that he is entitled to abuse members of the press who cannot be relied upon to provide favorable coverage,” Pollak wrote, hyperbolically, before going on to explain how he was asked to leave by a campus police officer after a staffer read the press credential on his chest.

Another great source for in-depth candidate interviews is Pod Save America at the Crooked Media YT channel.

I support Bernie. That being said, I’ll get behind Joe if he wins the primary.

The think Elizabeth Warren would probably be best at doing the job of President, but I just don’t know if America is ready to vote for an intellectual female.

Last edited:
I support Bernie. That being said, I’ll get behind Joe gladly if he wins the primary.

The think Elizabeth Warren would probably be best at doing the job of President, but I just don’t believe America is ready to vote for an intellectual female.
Bernie 1a, Warren 1b; or we riot.

Warren

Buttigieg
Sanders
Biden

Klobuchar
Booker
Harris

Only 7 I'm considering. Top 3 hasn't changed in a long time, but Biden is giving me enough confidence to take him as the top spot among candidates I don't want to win.

Biden is your nominee. Work around that angle. As for riots and “we’re fucked” now is the time to take some deep breaths and relax.

Trump has invaded no countries, kept the economy doing well (My investments, especially in the S&P 500 are doing great) and is going to bully your candidates on stage.

Does anyone think there might be someone waiting in the wings that will announce at the last possible moment? I still find it hard to believe this is the best the DNC can come up with....

Tulsi Gabbard confirmed qualified? Article I read today said she still needed one more qualiying poll for next debate.

The think Elizabeth Warren would probably be best at doing the job of President, but I just don’t believe America is ready to vote for an intellectual female.

Hope the rest of your team follows your logic. Wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Tulsi Gabbard confirmed qualified? Article I read today said she still needed one more qualiying poll for next debate.

I don’t belive she did unless a poll posted this evening.

Does anyone think there might be someone waiting in the wings that will announce at the last possible moment? I still find it hard to believe this is the best the DNC can come up with....

It’d be an interesting strategy. Wait til the field narrows and jump in. The debates seem to have some strong criteria on donations. Despite the network Steyer had, he still wasn’t able to meet the donor criteria. It also seems like it’s important to campaign in Iowa early. I’d be surprised if someone could jump in without a campaign on the ground at this point and win Iowa or New Hampshire.

She’s too smart for us voters just like Hillary.

“I can’t help but wonder in retrospect if Hillary Clinton was really too smart to lead given the state of the current U.S. political ecosystem”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/was-...rt-to-lead-in-this_b_5846fa0ae4b0b261c83427a3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back