Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: Inslee and Hickenlooper out

2019 WR Democratic Straw Poll (Pick Up to 3)

• John Delaney (US Congressman MD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Islee (Former Governor WA)

• Marianne Williamson (Entrepreneur)

• Wayne Messam (Mayor Miramar, FL)

• Michael Bennet (Senator CO) *Hasn't decided yet*

• Bill DeBlasio (Mayor New York, NY) *Hasn't decided yet*

• Other (Please Post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end Murica is going to vote for the most charismatic candidate as always. Actual policy be damned.

Thanks for adding a poll to this thread. I thought since Biden finally entered the race, a poll was needed on this thread. I read this thread every day.

Really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out compared to the WR poll. Of course, the WR is a bit of a microcosm with a tilt both to right-wing males, but I think that this poll right there is meaningful:

1) So far, very few have either Biden or Harris in their top 3 (!).

2) Sanders appears to be like the consensus candidate. If my estimate is correct, 32 out of 36 have him in their top 3.

3) The appeal of Tulsi Gabbard to the right is evident, and she could become a strong VP pick.

But I do think Dems need at least a VP pick with strong appeal to the more opportunistic Trump voters.

Trump is a particularly unpopular president, and his popularity is artificially propped up by the economy. I think his supporters are a mix of crazies who are firmly committed to him and casuals who will desert him if there's an economic downturn. So I wouldn't think that something as important and irreversible as a VP pick should be wasted trying to appeal to them.

Really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out compared to the WR poll. Of course, the WR is a bit of a microcosm with a tilt both to right-wing males, but I think that this poll right there is meaningful:

1) So far, very few have either Biden or Harris in their top 3 (!).

2) Sanders appears to be like the consensus candidate. If my estimate is correct, 32 out of 36 have him in their top 3.

3) The appeal of Tulsi Gabbard to the right is evident, and she could become a strong VP pick.

1 and 2 illustrate how different the WR is from the typical Democratic primary voter. Gabbard's appeal to the right would evaporate if she were actually the nominee, obviously.

1 and 2 illustrate how different the WR is from the typical Democratic primary voter. Gabbard's appeal to the right would evaporate if she were actually the nominee, obviously.

Four years ago, Warren took it without being as popular as she is now. Rand won the GOP one. I don’t think the WR usually aligns with the national consensus.

I love the results of this poll when you add Tulsi, Bernie, and Warren together.

I get that the WR usually has a affinity for the less mainstream candidates, but those 3 having more votes than everyone else combined by a large margin, says something.

Four years ago, Warren took it without being as popular as she is now. Rand won the GOP one. I don’t think the WR usually aligns with the national consensus.

Yeah, we're in a major bubble here.

Yeah, we're in a major bubble here.

I mean, obviously the demographics are narrow here so you couldn’t expect it to be that aligned. There’s definitely some views that don’t get heard here, specifically from women.

I mean, obviously the demographics are narrow here so you couldn’t expect it to be that aligned. There’s definitely some views that don’t get heard here, specifically from women.

I think also that the forum attracts angry, disaffected types who tend to be political hipsters (hence the decline of support for Warren as she's become more popular, for example--and Bernie would lose half his supporters here if he were to win the nomination).

I actually think it's a decent idea. The procedure just needs to be fleshed out more, and it's aimed at actual firms, as opposed to individuals.

My surprised face at the communist liking the idea of government controlled media

<mma3>

Well, I think it's an invitation to massive abuse. If somebody can come up with a proposal that protects the process fully from abuse (to a hardcore freedom of the press standard), which I doubt, I'll take a look.
Why don't we just bring back The Fairness Doctrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back