Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: The Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
ne·o-lib·er·al·ism
/ˌnēōˈlib(ə)r(ə)liz(ə)m/
noun
noun: neoliberalism
  1. a modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism.
Global capitalism/corporatism/reduction of workers' rights/NAFTA-like trade agreements/deregulation of banks/etc

The establishment DNC policies of incrementalism and bipartisanship may eventually get us onto solving our problems, but the speed at which that happens will result in decades of further societal decay. We don't have time for that shit.

I believe we've been suffering. ACA left 30,000,000 without health coverage all because Obama let the health insurance lobby write the damn thing.

Clinton literally advocated for war with her overthrow of Gaddafi and her support of a no fly zone in Syria.

Inaction on climate change is California Democrats inaction on SocalGas when their incompetence allowed the largest natural gas leak in US history take place just 2 years ago. No uproar. No consequences. But rest assured Jerry Brown's sister still collects her $250,000 "salary" from SoCalGas parent company Sempra Energy. More neoliberalism for you btw

You know what's crazy is this thought that establishment Democrats are somehow the good guys fighting the good fight. In some ways yeah they're much less destructive than Republicans, but certainly not in the way that they decieve good people into thinking they're leading allies in the fights against the many issues you raised. In that respect I'll take the people who clearly mark themselves as my enemy.

We desperately need a true left-wing party in this nation. We don't even need a third party candidate win as much as we just need them to move the DNC to the left. Something that even the popularity of Bernie Sanders combined with the unpopularity of Trump hasn't quite done. This is thanks to the complete stranglehold DNC establishment have on the party and the skill at which they operate.

So, yeah, as of right now and after what happened in 2016 I'll gladly take the nuclear option. I'm open to major concessions, though, but it has to be before the 2020 election not promised afterwards.
See my other post which I tagged you.

This is a pretty bad take. The party is moving to the left (nearly every 2020 candidate favors some form of single payer). You’re also overstating the DNCs effort against Bernie. Quite frankly we want a strong party that weeds out bad candidates (like a left wing version of Trump). Finally, you wouldn’t be sending the message you think you’re sending. You’d be supporting policy views and behavior that defy your principles.

Yes, because an old Jew is going to need a rap song written about him for black people to vote for him.

giphy.gif

Great idea, whitey.
Whitey? I aint white

Let the self-sabotage and betrayals begin.

See my other post which I tagged you.

This is a pretty bad take. The party is moving to the left (nearly every 2020 candidate favors some form of single payer). You’re also overstating the DNCs effort against Bernie. Quite frankly we want a strong party that weeds out bad candidates (like a left wing version of Trump). Finally, you wouldn’t be sending the message you think you’re sending. You’d be supporting policy views and behavior that defy your principles.
What are your thoughts on Bernie running as a third party?

What are your thoughts on Bernie running as a third party?
That would crush the Democrat's nominee. I also think it's incredibly unlikely because he knows that the country is far better off if we remove Trump from office and a third party run would all but ensure that he remains in office.

Last edited:
Beto O Rourke wins the dem nomination easily if he runs

Democrats have 2020 decisions to make as they enter the new year
CNN
Ask any Democrat considering running for president in 2020 about their decision-making process and most will draw a line between 2018 -- when it is far too early to decide -- and 2019 -- when the timing is just right.

A few Democrats haven't waited. Rep. John Delaney has been running for president for 17 months, while former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro announced an exploratory committee earlier this month. And some have already bowed out, including lawyer Michael Avenatti and former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
But plenty have been angling behind the scenes and the next two weeks, when the country briefly pauses for the holidays and possible candidates surround themselves with family, is likely to be significant in determining who runs for president in 2020.
Here is what some early contenders for the Democratic nomination have said about their decision-making process.

Cliffs:
Biden has mentioned publicly he needs to decide whether he will run by January 2019
Warren once said she wouldn't run in 2020 but that seems to have changed
Beto has said during the Senate race he will not run in 2020 but will reconsider plans after his house term is over
Harris said she would decide over the holidays
Booker already is making trips to NH and contacting early state officials
Like Biden, Bloomberg said he would decide by January or February
Castro has begun an exploration committee for a 2020 bid

Mike Bloomberg prepared to spend at least $100 million on a 2020 campaign for president if he decides to run
CNBC
105609278-1544023764165rts28wwm.530x298.jpg

Billionaire Mike Bloomberg is prepared to spend well over the $100 million he put into his last campaign for New York City mayor if he runs for president in 2020. And he does not plan to accept any outside money from political action committees if he jumps into the race, CNBC has learned.

Howard Wolfson, Bloomberg's top political advisor, in an email hinted at how much his boss would look to invest into his own potential campaign for president.

He'd be running as a Dem but this really would give the vibe of an independent picking a party to run through and acknowledging third party tickets don't work (like Trump did).

None of them have a chance of beating Trump.

The Dems have shot themselves in the foot, arm and head with the Russia collusion witch hunt. It will be a full on "Democrats are the new McCarthists" come election time with accusations of 3 years of wasting tax payer dollars on the biggest lie in the countries history and they wont be able to defend themselves and the media will just keep hemorrhaging trust since they have to keep pushing it since its the cover-up to their own collusion with the DNC.

The Dems have shot themselves in the foot, arm and head with the Russia collusion witch hunt. It will be a full on "Democrats are the new McCarthists" come election time with accusations of 3 years of wasting tax payer dollars on the biggest lie in the countries history and they wont be able to defend themselves and the media will just keep hemorrhaging trust since they have to keep pushing it since its the cover-up to their own collusion with the DNC.

lol

mueller-trump-charges-promo-1534968452597-facebookJumbo-v6.jpg

atd-INDICTMENTS-0713.png

I wouldn't be so sure. If the demographics were what they are now, with old white men dying and more gen z coming of age, Trump would not have won the 2016 election.

The nomination process hasn’t officially started yet and I’m already sick of the Bernie Bros on twitter with the Beto attacks.

Behold these photo's showing people charged with non-collusion activities as proof of collusion!...RICO may put Mob bosses in prison, but not for being a mob boss...but I do thank you for being the definition of McCarthyism, the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence...but at least McCarthy had the BALLS to do his witch-hunt in front of the public and not behind closed doors like you communists do.

The nomination process hasn’t officially started yet and I’m already sick of the Bernie Bros on twitter with the Beto attacks.
"Everyone else is a corrupt establishment neoliberal and you'd be better off voting for Trump etc etc"

Tbf, I think a number of the people spouting shit like that are just trolls who like bashing the left generally, not people with actual good-faith interests in left-wing or liberal politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back