Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: The Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal: Bernie Tulsi

Likely: Biden Harris

Honestly, if it comes down to Biden vs. Trump, I might just hope for Trump in the hope that Trumpism runs its course.
I will campaign for Trump if the DNC fucks Bernie over again to support another corporatist.

Ideal: Bernie Tulsi

Likely: Biden Harris
Meh, I've really soured on Tulsi. Yeah, the non-interventionism is nice, but her links to Hindu nationalists and her past equivocation on LGBT rights make me more than a little bit sceptical.

Bernie/Khanna, Bernie/Sherrod, or even Bernie/Warren all sound better to me.

I will campaign for Trump if the DNC fucks Bernie over again to support another corporatist.
Oh, I think it's a sure thing that the DNC will be pushing hard for a Biden/Beto ticket, but I do have some hope that the establishment will eat itself with Harris and Booker also in the mix.

Meh, I've really soured on Tulsi. Yeah, the non-interventionism is nice, but her links to Hindu nationalists and her past equivocation on LGBT rights make me more than a little bit sceptical.

Bernie/Khanna, Bernie/Sherrod, or even Bernie/Warren all sound better to me.
Ro Khanna has a bright future. I'd be fine with him as VP.

Oh, I think it's a sure thing that the DNC will be pushing hard for a Biden/Beto ticket, but I do have some hope that the establishment will eat itself with Harris and Booker also in the mix.
I think they have enough media control to suppress any negative press that would be brought if they snuff out Harris and Booker for a double white man ticket. But I think they'll run the spin campaign at 100% to magically transform Harris into a progressive

California’s 2020 shadow sparks New Hampshire fears
Politico
nh-calif.jpg
California’s newly instituted March 3 primary date is rattling the early presidential state map, as Democratic state and party officials grapple with the shadow cast by the nation’s most populous state.

The idea that millions of absentee and mail-in votes could be cast in advance of California’s actual primary election day — and the prospect that presidential candidates might bypass the early states entirely to concentrate on target-rich California — is finally beginning to sink in.

I do wonder how much California changes the landscape of this race then if it didn't move to an earlier date.

Add Castro.
Also I think it is kinda silly to assume 2 primary challengers like Biden and Beto or Bernie and Harris or whatever combo would run as a ticket after running in the primary. Whoever wins the nomination will pick a running mate after the primaries and it won't be anyone from the primaries. Political advisors and ego won't allow a loser from the primary to run on a general ticket.
Beto has a mountain to climb to get over the loss to turd Cruz.
I personally like Castro, add a moderate texan to his ticket and he would have a fair chance at winning TX.
If you win TX then you win the white house If you're a Democrat. Ain't no 2 ways about it.

Two year out is where most of the press starts ramping up for these races. The field sounds like it could match the size of the GOP primary from 2016.

Confirmed

Possible
Joe Biden (Former Vice President)
Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State)
Bernie Sanders (Senator VT)
Elizabeth Warren (Senator MA)
Kamala Harris (Senator CA)
Corey Booker (Senator NJ)
Kirsten Gillibrand (Senator NY)
Amy Klobuchar (Senator MN)
Sherrod Brown (Senator OH)
Andrew Cuomo (Governor NY)
Steve Bullock (Governor MT)
Terry McAuliffe (Formerly Governor VA)
Deval Patrick (Former Governor MA)
Eric Holder (Former US Attorney General)
Micheal Bloomberg (Former Mayor NYC/CEO)
Beto O'Rourke (US Congressman TX)
Tulsi Gabbard (US Congresswoman HI)
Oprah Winfrey
A who's who of shitbirds, loons and corrupt scum.

This will age well.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'd vote Bernie Tulsi in a heart beat

A GOP Senate could block some of their left economic stuff. But they could really clean up with the foreign stuff.

Prediction. The media and establishment would attack that ticket just as hard as they do trump

Prediction. The media and establishment would attack that ticket just as hard as they do trump

Harder. "Liberal" outlets like CNN and NYT might tepidly support Bernie if he somehow gets the nomination, but that's about it. WSJ sure as shit won't.

That's because the "MSM" is NOT FUCKING LEFT-LEANING, despite all the reactionary histrionics right wingers bleet on about. They are allied with capital, and when push comes to shove, they will ALWAYS break right when faced with a genuine left alternative.

PLEASE let it be Hillary.

Harder. "Liberal" outlets like CNN and NYT might tepidly support Bernie if he somehow gets the nomination, but that's about it. WSJ sure as shit won't.

That's because the "MSM" is NOT FUCKING LEFT-LEANING, despite all the reactionary histrionics right wingers bleet on about. They are allied with capital, and when push comes to shove, they will ALWAYS break right when faced with a genuine left alternative.

They were fine with Obama because he really didn't push things to far

Contrast the media's reporting of the Iraq withdrawal and that of Syria though. Kinda crazy

Bernie with AOC as VP should trigger the Trump cuck snowflakes

<{jackyeah}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back