Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread: Big divide among 2020 Democrats over trade

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lead, Dec 24, 2018.

1. computer fogie

computer fogie Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

Clearly, nobody from Minnesota should ever try to run for the Democratic nomination, because Walter Mondale lost badly in 1984. Good point.

TeTe, Sohei, HARRISON_3 and 2 others like this.
  2. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi Headkicktoleg,

ok, you don't hate them. realistically, though, it seems goofy to hate anyone you don't know anything about, aye?

and yep, there are alot of candidates for the Democrats this time around, just like there were barely any in 2016.

- IGIT

3. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

I don't hate her. I just thought it was funny she is running. She has zero chance of winning. Also Amy is a basic bitch name, thus the thread title.

4. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

heyo computer fogie,

it seemed like political analysis of the lowest order, and i couldn't summon the energy to make fun of it.

but i'm glad you did.

- IGIT

HARRISON_3 and computer fogie like this.
  5. Fawlty

Fawlty Steel Belt

I respected her for how she handled the Al Franken railroading (as opposed to the opportunistic Gillibrand, who led the charge). She is probably a very difficult person to work for. She's middle of the pack for me, but I could see preferring her over Booker and Harris depending on how things shake out.

HockeyBjj likes this.
  6. Dirt Road Soldier

Dirt Road Soldier Salt the flesh! Fuck the wound!

If she said she would line them up for public execution via being ran the fuck over by a tank, I would have voted for Hillary.

FUCK those god damned calls.

HockeyBjj, jamel and Headkicktoleg like this.
  7. gatchaman

gatchaman Brown Belt

Tulsi Gabbard should be the Pesidential candidate, and dems aren't serious about winning if they choose anyone else: A hot war veteran with a brain.

Tulsi Gabbard (/ˈtʌlsi ˈɡæbərd/; born April 12, 1981) is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district since 2013. A member of the Democratic Party, she was a Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee until February 28, 2016, when she resigned to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination. Elected in 2012, she is the first Samoan-American member and the first Hindu member of the United States Congress.

Gabbard served in a field medical unit of the Hawaii Army National Guard in a combat zone in Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was later deployed to Kuwait. She previously served in the Hawaii House of Representatives from 2002 to 2004. When she was elected to the Hawaii House of Representatives at age 21, Gabbard was the youngest woman to be elected to a U.S. state legislature. She supports abortion rights, Medicare for All, opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership, has called for a restoration of the Glass–Steagall Act, and publicly announced her support of same-sex marriage in 2012. She is critical of aspects of U.S. foreign policy regarding Iraq, Libya and Syria. She opposes removing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad from power by force.

[​IMG]

It's like having Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Elizabeth Kucinich in one person. She's going to get hammered on the Medicare for All thing, but if anyone is going to make a case for it, you could do a lot worse. I look forward to seeing her in the debates.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    xcvbn and computer fogie like this.
  8. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

Apparently she's really big on climate change. Kind of ironic seeing her there in a snow storm.

9. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

Global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.

10. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

11. gatchaman

gatchaman Brown Belt

While I think that carbon taxes are nonsense, I would be happy to pay them in exchange for a non-interventionist President like Tulsi Gabbard.

12. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

lol you respect a woman??

What a beta cuck u r

Fawlty likes this.
  13. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

What key 2020 candidates are saying about the Green New Deal
    The Hill
    Cliffs:
    Harris- co-sponsored/supports
    Warren- co-sponsored/supports
    Booker- co-sponsored/supports
    Gillibrand- co-sponsored/supports
    Klobuchar- expected to join/support
    Castro- no comment released
    Gabbard- no comment released
    Buttigieg- supports but mentions it's broad
    Delaney- supports "energy" of plan but not direct support

TeTe likes this.
  14. bobgeese

bobgeese Silver Belt

If she chooses to do so, she can absolutely wipe the floor with the competition in the debates. Let’s be real, she called out obama publicly for arming jihadists, the media, etc. She could and should go straight savage, call everyone out on being complicit cowards, who do next to nothing.

Kamala May be able to mount a defense, I haven’t seen her 1 on 1, aside from questioning in hearings, where IMO, she comes off badly.

I just see her being able to touch something in the independent/ex democrats (like myself) like the democrat party of the past. Anti war, but willing to fight if necessary. Taking care of the little guy. Not far left progressive. Smart attractive brave...

Come on you degenerate commies. You actually have a good candidate. Don’t fuck it up.

PS, I don’t think she can get too badly damaged for any healthcare statements. The right has absolutely lost the war on healthcare, so they can’t say shit. The left, nobody has come out with a well known public plan, so whatever Tulsi said, has to fall between a sensible plan, and whatever dumbass thing aoc said on the subject last week.

gatchaman likes this.
  15. Lead

There a lot of Tulsi support I’m seeing off the bat. Does anyone think she has the best chance of getting the nomination?

TeTe likes this.
  16. bobgeese

bobgeese Silver Belt

I think there will be a LOT of pushback against her.

However, much like Trump, that could play into her hand.

waiguoren likes this.
  17. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

heya Lead,

i'm really curious to see how politicians like Mrs. Gillibrand and Mr. Booker obfuscate their way out of these positions if and when they win in the primary.

i'm counting on it.

- IGIT

18. Lead

So far, Medicare for All and the green deal have been the nominees first chances for nominees to distinguish themselves. I’m surprised there seems to be more consensus about that deal than Medicare for all. Not sure if it’s actual support or an understanding they don’t want to seem like opposition to AOC who is very popular with democrats. I’m waiting for some others to jump in. The second half of this month we should at least see two more candidates.

TeTe likes this.
  19. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi again Lead,

lol.

when it comes to some of the names on that list, i'm pretty sure its the latter.

- IGIT

20. gatchaman

gatchaman Brown Belt

Mike Gravel called out Clinton and Obama, and the MSM made him out to be a crazy uncle, even though he is a historically significant statesman, who put the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record.

It's not going to be a matter of just winning our hearts in the debates; Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders should be lessons on how nominations are stolen in the caucuses and primaries.

It's not going to be a matter of just getting the votes; it's going to be a matter of having a seat at the table where votes are counted.