Elections 2020 Democratic Iowa Caucus Thread

Who wins the Iowa Caucus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Populist in me is excited for the prospect of Bernie winning, but the borderline Anti-Semite in me is a little concerned...
?

Sanders doesn't align himself with the politics attributed to "the jews" by anti-semites.

What's going on in here? What's the verdict?

- Ignorant Canuck

A tiny piece of the country is determining who will be our national candidate for one of only two viable parties. It's called democracy.

The Populist in me is excited for the prospect of Bernie winning, but the borderline Anti-Semite in me is a little concerned...

Looks like the angry old Jew from Brooklyn, New York is going to bring it to the establishment and get it done this time.

?

Sanders doesn't align himself with the politics attributed to "the jews" by anti-semites.
Lol Maybe not yet. Don't be surprised when 2 months after he wins he stocks the treasury with a who's-who of Israeli bootlickers - just like Obama did.

Caucuses are like ranked voting.

I hear many people scream they support ranked voting, but they don't seem to understand that caucuses are a version of that.

Yeah I get that and I like it.

But I also understand the concern that less people are able to participate.

If the state made it a holiday so more people could attend I'd probably support it

Lol Maybe not yet. Don't be surprised when 2 months after he wins he stocks the treasury with a who's-who of Israeli bootlickers - just like Obama did.

No offence, but considering Sanders’ stance towards Israel compared to Trump’s, that logic really doesn’t hold up.

A tiny piece of the country is determining who will be our national candidate for one of only two viable parties. It's called democracy.
Murcia!

Also, I just realized this is the first presidential election without a Clinton or Bush running since 1988.

I was forever changed when "uncommitted" took the '72 and '76 election by storm.

And who could forget a down-the-stretch titan like Richard Gephart? Or the clutch heroics of Tom Harkin?

Yeah I get that and I like it.

But I also understand the concern that less people are able to participate.

If the state made it a holiday so more people could attend I'd probably support it

That sounds like something Bernie supports.

Let's get this big dick bernie War Wagon going.

1467147421-armoredtrain.gif

No offence, but considering Sanders’ stance towards Israel compared to Trump’s, that logic really doesn’t hold up.
I read your other posts, I laugh at your notion that Bernie can be trusted or won't be co-opted by the establishment. He will

Buttigieg coming in second would be best for Bernie. It would hurt Warren and Biden's backing and that would go to Bloomberg.

That's if Bernie wins lol.

I was forever changed when "uncommitted" took the '72 and '76 election by storm.

And who could forget a down-the-stretch titan like Richard Gephart? Or the clutch heroics of Tom Harkin?

2008 was the first primary I really paid attention to. I did notice the uncommiteds when making the OP and wondered if there was a story behind that stuff.

I read your other posts, I laugh at your notion that Bernie can be trusted or won't be co-opted by the establishment. He will

They already hate his guts and he hasn’t even been nominated yet. The guy has been consistent his whole political career and he’s not going to live much longer. They can’t buy him because he wouldn’t even have the time to spend all the dirty money and he knows it. People are willing to die for their dignity, Bernie Sanders is no exception.

You get a Like just for the Tom Harkin reference :)

Of all those, health insurance will probably hurt him worst. It definitely hurt Republicans in 2018.
Don't underestimate the wealth gap online people have seen their cost of living go up faster then their wages. The trickle down economics thing people are starting to see through now.

How?

What does Bernie need from the establishment?

What lever do they have on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back