2019 Motorsports thread.

just watched a vid from a fan in the stands of him being pulled from the car in the pits.
didn't look like a rescue operation IMO.
more like a collection.
black screens on both sides.

just watched a vid from a fan in the stands of him being pulled from the car in the pits.
didn't look like a rescue operation IMO.
more like a collection.
black screens on both sides.

Yeah I saw that on Twitter and stopped checking. I've seen that before at the Kentucky Derby and it didn't end well for the horse. So sad.

Official statement is "serious condition, but non-life threatening"

The black screens are SOP with all bad crashes since Earnhardt died, so it doesn’t mean the worst.
I see a lot of reports of him being stable, but ALL of them reference one reporter tweeting it, but who gives no source.

Edit: officially announced now. Not gonna lie, I’m relieved and more than a little surprised.

Serious injuries, non life threatening per family statement. I sure hope so.

That was probably the craziest crash I've seen. Especially with these particular cars.

Good news for sure. Let’s see his condition. Hope it’s not like Zanardi.

It makes me wonder why NASCAR shut down all of the post race interviews. I hope Newman can recover. It's been a bad time for him as he and his wife announced they were splitting up last week.

I suspect it was because they had no idea how bad it was. But they knew it wasn't good. They tried continuing things when Earnhardt died, and it was awkward as fuck. Everyone knew things were bad, but no one knew how bad. So what should have been a huge celebration was quiet and weird. Then of course Monday morning assholes come out of the woodwork and act like everyone should have just instinctively known what was going on.

Don’t watch NASCAR at all but I’m glad to hear he’s going to pull through.

I suspect it was because they had no idea how bad it was. But they knew it wasn't good. They tried continuing things when Earnhardt died, and it was awkward as fuck. Everyone knew things were bad, but no one knew how bad. So what should have been a huge celebration was quiet and weird. Then of course Monday morning assholes come out of the woodwork and act like everyone should have just instinctively known what was going on.

Ken Schrader was the first one to get to Dale Earnhardt's car and found him dead so they knew immediately.

Ken Schrader was the first one to get to Dale Earnhardt's car and found him dead so they knew immediately.
Schrader didn’t know he was dead, he knew he wasn’t awake. The broadcast team and most on pit road didn’t know anything.

Schrader didn’t know he was dead, he knew he wasn’t awake. The broadcast team and most on pit road didn’t know anything.

Ken was talking about it a couple of years later and he said he knew Dale was dead as soon as he looked into the car.

Ken was talking about it a couple of years later and he said he knew Dale was dead as soon as he looked into the car.
I understand he thought that. But he's not a Dr and what he thought wasn't broadcast around the entire track. There's so much bad info that gets out these days, mostly from Twitter and the need some people feel to be the first to announce something, the only responsible thing to do is wait for an official announcement. I think it goes without saying that no one is going to announce someone's death before they even make it to the hospital for whatever life savings efforts can be attempted.

I'm one who thought Ryan had been killed or very seriously injured. I certainly didn't think this would happen this soon. It's good to see him walking. I was sort of expecting an Ernie Irvan type situation or possibly multiple broken bones.

that's why we love f1... always bringing crazy genious inventions, a shame that will be banned just like the most of other inventions

Last edited:
you can copy my homework, but dont make it obivious

175b2c444bb69f0a9fb5ee25fd9fcb1100b61be6c0e1cff249ee31e7abf92259.jpg

Back