2019 MLB Discussion V2: Legend of Acuna: Ronald's Quest to 40/40

Does Acuna hit 40/40 this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.

I am a relatively new MLB fan, and the Houston Astros is my favorite team. I have noticed that the Astros get regularly short-changed by the media. To me there seems to be an anti-Astros bias among the media. And apparently it is not just me who notices this, there is a wider perception of this as well.

Is it because the Astros are looked at as a "red-state" sports team loved by mostly politically right-leaning southern fans. I mean what other reason would it be?

The Astros drawing the short straw from the press? Welcome to the club, fellas.

I have a question.

I am a relatively new MLB fan, and the Houston Astros is my favorite team. I have noticed that the Astros get regularly short-changed by the media. To me there seems to be an anti-Astros bias among the media. And apparently it is not just me who notices this, there is a wider perception of this as well.

Is it because the Astros are looked at as a "red-state" sports team loved by mostly politically right-leaning southern fans. I mean what other reason would it be?
I hope the Astros are burned to the ground. Fuck that team, fuck that can city, fuck that midget Altuve, fuck them. They should bring back that hill in centerfield so more of their centerfielders blow out ACLs and run into the flag pole.

Can't wait till they lambaste the poor Angels employee who had to supply this drug addict with drugs
I live in SLC now and people here are either going to be real publicly sad about it or try to ignore it since he played Minor League ball for the Bees here.

lol, A's sweep the Stankees in Oaktown and win the opener in the Bronx 8-2.
'best record in the majors' my ass

What REALLY pisses me off is i haven't seen a single article bring up the fact that you can't trust Oxy's like you used to be able to

A 30mg Oxy used to be 30 milligrams of oxycodone. 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 30mg, etc

Yeah well now that the game has changed, suppliers have pill presses that can make a fake pill look like an Oxy 30. Back in that day a fake pill used to just be bullshit powder... but now fake 30's can something like 1/3rd Oxycodone, some sort of % of filler, and the rest Fentanyl. It's not actually 30mg of Oxycodone, but the Fentanyl covers the rest, though in a different sort of feeling.

They do this because it's cheaper, and something like an Oxy 30mg is outright harder to find. Fent is sadly still very accessible

But what kills people is the mixture on the fake pills. Fent is fuckin dangerous, and those assholes don't exactly mix it scientifically

So poor Skaggs drank a few beers and blew an Oxy 30 or something. Shit, a great way to end a night, trust me, i know. But ...... he got fake pills from his supplier...

aaaaand the mixture was Fent-heavy, and that's enough to kill someone

So i just want people to understand how something like this could happen.

Pretty sure Demi Lovato OD'd in a similar way

But yeah, these news outlets need to fucking understand what's likely going on before writing their fucking articles about a now-dead young man

Congrats Verlander on the 3rd No-No. it was a shame to see him leave Detroit.

What REALLY pisses me off is i haven't seen a single article bring up the fact that you can't trust Oxy's like you used to be able to

A 30mg Oxy used to be 30 milligrams of oxycodone. 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 30mg, etc

Yeah well now that the game has changed, suppliers have pill presses that can make a fake pill look like an Oxy 30. Back in that day a fake pill used to just be bullshit powder... but now fake 30's can something like 1/3rd Oxycodone, some sort of % of filler, and the rest Fentanyl. It's not actually 30mg of Oxycodone, but the Fentanyl covers the rest, though in a different sort of feeling.

They do this because it's cheaper, and something like an Oxy 30mg is outright harder to find. Fent is sadly still very accessible

But what kills people is the mixture on the fake pills. Fent is fuckin dangerous, and those assholes don't exactly mix it scientifically

So poor Skaggs drank a few beers and blew an Oxy 30 or something. Shit, a great way to end a night, trust me, i know. But ...... he got fake pills from his supplier...

aaaaand the mixture was Fent-heavy, and that's enough to kill someone

So i just want people to understand how something like this could happen.
That opening monologue from Layer Cake about how you have to buy the super pure shit and be careful about how many times you "step on it"/cut it really hits home now with all the fucked shit people use like Fentanyl and the Krokodil shit from Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back