2019 Goals Thread

I’m only 16, still have time to grow. I’m doing stretching exercises.

That's not going to do anything for your height. Your height is determined by your genetics and diet. Eat well and stay away from steroids until you've reached your full height.

Now I've got to quit cigarettes for good. And deflecting blame by lashing out at innocent people.

I quit using patches, I'm July 2016.

I recommend them.

It was tough though, I basically tried to quit every Monday for about 2 years. Most of the time I wouldn't get to Tuesday. Eventually I must have wanted it enough.

425 bench press
650 squat
625 deadlift

lose 10 lbs. i dont know why my squat is better then my deadlift.

Late to the party, but here's mine:

Squat: 210kg
Bench: 135kg
Deadlift: 230kg
SOHP: 87.5kg
Front Squat: 155kg

Grade in Judo.

I just find out what is wrong with my knee, fix it and walk without a limp. Hopefully I can squat or at least bike more in 2019. I also really wanted a new job by now.

I just find out what is wrong with my knee, fix it and walk without a limp. Hopefully I can squat or at least bike more in 2019. I also really wanted a new job by now.

We could start a GoFundMe?

In all seriousness, what have you been doing to get a new job? Looking in any specific field? Where are you located?

We could start a GoFundMe?

In all seriousness, what have you been doing to get a new job? Looking in any specific field? Where are you located?

I am in China. But I can not get the job I want here, so I will leave for a while to return to Canada. I may end up taking yet another job I don't want to do, but first I will look a while longer and get a Canadian doctor to look at my knee.

Finally get up to the 100kg bodyweight mark with quality mass (currently around 96kg).
Squat 500 lbs.

Edit:
My first ever crack at 505 lbs

Last edited:
Current
15 pullups +45lbs x 8
26 minute 5k, 66 minute 12k run
205 lbs power clean 195x2
205 # bench, 185x5, 65x10 DB
135x5 OHP 60x5 DB single arm
265x4 squat high bar
505 deadlift (385x6 most recent)
205x5 row

Goals
25 pullups, 1 arm pullup, +75 lbs x5
<24 min 5k, <60 min 12k, < 6 minute mile
225 # power clean, 225x5 pendlay row, 155 # power snatch
225 bench, 75#DBx10
170 lbs OHP (or bodyweight)
335 # squat
455x5 deadlift
Start a log and hopefully reach some of those by the summer

Current: 36 weeks pregnant (kinda like a chosen injury right?) keeping sain with daily yoga/pilates classes cos doctor told me I had to "take it easy" I. E stop Muay Thai after 30 weeks pregnancy. Haven't been able to spar or run whole pregnancy. ..
Goal by end of year:
Lose pregnancy weight and get down to a weight around 57kg to fight at 55kg.
Run 12km 6 days a week (in preparation of planned Thailand trip 2020).
Sprints 3 times a week.
10hrs+ muay Thai per week (even if its just hitting bag at home).
20hrs+ other physical exercise (biking, gardening, yoga, chasing small children...).
I have it all on a spreadsheet with planned progression, I. E. Not going to jump straight into running every day from not being able to for 9 months.

Finally get up to the 100kg bodyweight mark with quality mass (currently around 96kg).
Squat 500 lbs.

Edit:
My first ever crack at 505 lbs

Have the depth, have the body weight, now the goal is to stay healthy and put it all together on the platform this summer.
Thanks TS, this was a great thread idea.

Have the depth, have the body weight, now the goal is to stay healthy and put it all together on the platform this summer.
Thanks TS, this was a great thread idea.

Nice work bro

Compete in first Olympic lifting meet (qualify for AO as a 50 year old Master)
Compete in first Powerlifting meet
50 years old...train at 80kg BW

Current 1rep maxes

Dead - 440lb
Squat - 350lb
Bench - 225lb (shoulder f'ed up...historical best is 280)
Snatch - 175lb
Clean and Jerk - 245lb

Would love to tell you I am shooting to improve on those numbers but truth be told my training has slowed a bit. Ramping back up so my hope is to be hitting those numbers with confidence again soon and would love to build on them a bit. Everything but the bench was a PR for me in 2018.

Compete in first Olympic lifting meet (qualify for AO as a 50 year old Master)
Compete in first Powerlifting meet
50 years old...train at 80kg BW

Current 1rep maxes

Dead - 440lb
Squat - 350lb
Bench - 225lb (shoulder f'ed up...historical best is 280)
Snatch - 175lb
Clean and Jerk - 245lb

Would love to tell you I am shooting to improve on those numbers but truth be told my training has slowed a bit. Ramping back up so my hope is to be hitting those numbers with confidence again soon and would love to build on them a bit. Everything but the bench was a PR for me in 2018.

At least at 50 you're still chugging along! Good luck in reaching your goals.

At least at 50 you're still chugging along! Good luck in reaching your goals.

Thanks. I might actually be doing my first Olympic lifting meet this weekend. Short notice as a spot opened up. I'm not really trained up for it but it would at least get me out of my comfort zone. Will see how the next couple days go in training then decide. Too much time off the past month or so...but for good reason (vacations)

Late to the party, but here's mine:

Squat: 210kg
Bench: 135kg
Deadlift: 230kg
SOHP: 87.5kg
Front Squat: 155kg

Grade in Judo.

Graded in Judo at the weekend, so that's one to tick off, although I expect I'll grade again before the year is out. Time to tackle the other ones now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back