2018 PotWR Round 3: The Jungle Primary

Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're at it I would like an unbiased group of MODS go through my post history to prove I never attacked ANY posters family. I then want Trotsky punished for that lie when I'm vindicated

Enough Trots

We all saw your comment. The question isn't whether you said what you said; it's whether you meant it the way most people who saw it interpreted it. Probably the thing to do would be for you to humbly and sincerely apologize and say that you stepped in shit without realizing it. I'd be inclined to believe you if you took that course. As is, it sounds like you're just trying to have it both ways. And then making up a crazy story about Trotsky just makes you look even less credible.

@Trotsky , you've got a legal background of some sort, right?
As someone who has received several infractions (some of which I'm assuming you'd dispute), do you think it would be a good idea for the forum to employ an objective standard in enforcing forum rules (e.g., as they do in criminal procedure)? One of the problems is see is that nobody is 100% sure where the limits are, except to stay away from "racism," "violence," "flaming," etc. Those are vague terms, and the definitions sometimes depend on subjective factors (e.g., is it "racism" if you aren't attempting to inflame racial tensions, but nonetheless do, using otherwise permissible language?). The moderators make determinations on the fly, and it varies wildly between mods, and sometimes with the mod's personal views/mood. You can even get banned for using the report button improperly. IMO it would be easier for posters to conform their posting behavior to the rules if the rules themselves were more oriented toward objective factors. There's either a violation, or no violation—not this wishy washy standard we have now.

On the other hand, there's an argument that making the rules too technical would make them inadministrable, and that moderating the forum would become impractical. But IMO objective rules would actually be easier to enforce, and easier to follow. What's your hot take?

It's concerning because it sets the clear precedent that not only will shit-posting be tolerated, but even when decent posters refuse to report shit-posting the shit-posters will lie that they are reporting it constantly. For instance, I now fully expect this will become a talking point (more than it is now) that Homer's wing here reports a lot - and even though we can prove otherwise, we are not allowed to.

EDIT: And for the record, this is not about @SBJJ, who I don't think would be a problem in this area. This was just about a bet. But it does touch on a pretty giant hole in forum regulation

IMO shitposting must be handled through the "ignore" feature, rather than the "report" feature. The term "shitposting" is itself problematic, because there's no objective definition.

You don't care bout lying. You just care about you. Like when your boys in this thread lied about things I had supposedly said and I called them out on it. Not a peep out of you that I saw when they failed to substantiate.
You should hear the shit this guy is popping off with in the ol' PMs right now. It's hysterical.

I won't spoil any details, but let's just say he's saying far worse things than anything I've said. He's ears-smoking mad, being a complete little bitch, and it's hilarious. I think that's a funny response for somebody who claims to be above it. He's getting his ass handed to him. Good times. If you want to see, hit me up and I'll shoot you a copy of his last gem.

@Trotsky , you've got a legal background of some sort, right?
As someone who has received several infractions (some of which I'm assuming you'd dispute), do you think it would be a good idea for the forum to employ an objective standard in enforcing forum rules (e.g., as they do in criminal procedure)? One of the problems is see is that nobody is 100% sure where the limits are, except to stay away from "racism," "violence," "flaming," etc. Those are vague terms, and the definitions sometimes depend on subjective factors (e.g., is it "racism" if you aren't attempting to inflame racial tensions, but nonetheless do, using otherwise permissible language?). The moderators make determinations on the fly, and it varies wildly between mods, and sometimes with the mod's personal views/mood. You can even get banned for using the report button improperly. IMO it would be easier for posters to conform their posting behavior to the rules if the rules themselves were more oriented toward objective factors. There's either a violation, or no violation—not this wishy washy standard we have now.

On the other hand, there's an argument that making the rules too technical would make them inadministrable, and that moderating the forum would become impractical. But IMO objective rules would actually be easier to enforce, and easier to follow. What's your hot take?

Oh, jeez, I haven't thought about the topic nearly enough to get into objective/subjective standard. But a pure objective standard would be useless, as slurs are already censored and even the most virulent of posters rely on some sort of coding. For instance, under an objective standard, following around a black poster and spamming gif's or pictures of monkeys wouldn't be a violation because maybe that dude just likes monkey gifs or is saying that the poster is "monkeying around/it up" as recent GOP governors like to say.

I think something approaching an objective standard could be used for derailing and shit-posting, i.e. whether an objective person would think a post is in furtherance of the discussion, but derailing and shit-posting aren't regulated hardly at all as it is.

Yea, that was Round 3 year to year. Round 4 won't have something to compare it to since it's new. Round 5 (Past two years Round 4) hasn't happened yet.

Do any voters default to their prior chosen vote if their candidate isn't eliminated? For example, does everyone who voted for Cubo need to do so again, or do they stay with him presumptively?

It's just hard for people to stay tuned to an an election this long.

Homer was the only example I can think of that had ongoing abuse of the report button. Anyone else who abused it received a pm and adjusted to only use it at correct times. Homer was warned more than once to stop doing it and didn't stop. He was warned to cut down on hotdog gifs and didn't stop for a month or so either. There were multiple issues that came up over the past few years that ultimately led to his ban.

Also, I gave you a good route to go. Ask @SBJJ what mod said it. If he says who it was, ask that mod. If he doesn't, why would you be concerned who believes that?
Just curious, was Staff corrected for going around calling open season on him? That's really an admin-level thing that I hope was cracked down on. Very inappropriate.

We all saw your comment. The question isn't whether you said what you said; it's whether you meant it the way most people who saw it interpreted it. Probably the thing to do would be for you to humbly and sincerely apologize and say that you stepped in shit without realizing it. I'd be inclined to believe you if you took that course. As is, it sounds like you're just trying to have it both ways. And then making up a crazy story about Trotsky just makes you look even less credible.

I swear on anything you want that I did not mean what you are claiming. I had no clue the guy was even actually going through that.

I also do not trust your opinion on this matter. As you are known to hold deep grudges and that would cloud anything you see posted by those you hold grudges against and stalk

@Lead
Forgive me, I'm not allowed to quote posts for some reason. Did I read your post correctly? Reporting other forum members here is encouraged?

You should hear the shit this guy is popping off with in the ol' PMs right now. It's hysterical.

I won't spoil any details, but let's just say he's saying far worse things than anything I've said. He's ears-smoking mad, being a complete little bitch, and it's hilarious. I think that's a funny response for somebody who claims to be above it. He's getting his ass handed to him. Good times. If you want to see, hit me up and I'll shoot you a copy of his last gem.
Most of you limpwrists lie about PMs and coming from someone who is easily rustled I'm going to have to officially dismiss this post as fake news.

egFWOyu.gif

I also do not trust your opinion on this matter. As you are known to hold deep grudges and that would cloud anything you see posted by those you hold grudges against and stalk

???

Says the guy who whines to mods when his feelings get hurt. That's as bitch as it gets.

Says the guy who whines to mods when his feelings get hurt. That's as bitch as it gets.
Degenerating every day. You're now privately saying even meaner things than you accuse me of saying.

You're even calling over your wife to look at my posts so that you can make real life drama over it. That's the wrong way to handle this, man. Trust me, she's getting tired of it.

Most of you limpwrists lie about PMs and coming from someone who is easily rustled I'm going to have to officially dismiss this post as fake news.

egFWOyu.gif

He's sending me pics of himself. LOL

Some guys never learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back