***2018 NBA Playoffs v6 - Warriors Making Grown Men Cry Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like GSW anymore than anyone else, but they are worlds better than any of those teams from the 80's and 90's. Obviously they'd have to change some things defensively if you're playing old rules, but movement, their shooting and ability to ISO with an extremely long Durant when they want to makes it impossible for any of those old teams to defend them effectively.

Even if you have Pippen on the Butler (still giving up a lot of length) and Jordan on Staph (who barely needs space to shoot), that leaves Klay Thompson to be guarded by Ron Harper and/or Steve Kerr. LMAO. Plus with Gaymond on the perimeter half the time, Rodman either wastes time guarding Iggy/Looney and Luke Longley is out on the perimeter where even Gaymond can blow by him to set someone else up, or Rodman is far from the basket on defense. And then how do they outscore GS? Jordan going for 60 every game? Anyone think Pippen is putting up great numbers against KD? Who else on that team would even be able to consistently get their shot off? Watch those old 90's games. Guys like Kerr/Kukoc are always open because defenses still thought giving up 3's was smart. That's not happening against GSW.

This is the best team ever constructed (with Durant) and I don't think it's particularly close. They were better last year with Durant hungry and the rest of them pissed about the previous Finals (plus their bench was better last year), but we have never seen talent like this on one team. Ever. Just too many great shooters with enough interior defense to make a difference.
Toni Kukoc. Leaving him out of your breakdown, literally, invalidates the entire thing. Plus, Stephanie wouldn't even make it through a regular season intact.

The GS Wussies were fucking shook by Dellavedova for Christ's sake. Jordan would have them crying in the corner by midway through game 2, and that's without even mentioning Rodman's God-Tier jimmy rustling tactics.

The Warriors are a very good, but extremely overrated team that is the product of a soft as baby shit era in the NBA.

Showtime Lakers push their shit in too. No one on these team could possibly hope to hold Kareem, and Magic would make KD look like the manchild that he is.

Kobe/Shaq Lakers are also better.

Jordan would average 52.1 ppg in today's soft ass league. It's retarded.

Homer Thompson is about as deluded as I’ve ever seen.

Beating the Warriors is an analytical game not basketball.
Not really. There are a few ways to do it. The Cavs slowed the game down and executed their own ISO plays and were probably a bit better than GSW until Durant showed up (and they started falling apart). If you can manage both those things, it's possible. But with Durant, there is no team currently capable of doing that, because your execution has to be near perfect.

Houston's approach is also interesting. Just try to outscore them. That's also doable, but they need a real 3rd option playing 35+ minutes, not just a spark off the bench in Gordon. Or they need all their role players to actually show up (none of whom did game 1, except Capela for the first half).

Next year's Celtics will be an awesome test for this GSW team. That defense (amazing on the perimeter) with two excellent scorers being added to the mix. I'm looking forward to it. GSW will still be a bit more talented (and will have the best player in the series in KD), but Boston is young, fast, hungry and I'll take Stevens over Kerr.

How does this make you feel?

82b09bda087a6e372312e79b03041ad4.jpg

How many fake twitter accounts did he make to congratulate himself on that?

Pretty sure Lumi is a Durant alt at this point

I’m not even a Durant fan, I like Curry, he’s a singular talent that hasn’t been seen and is fun as hell to watch and that goes back to his Davidson days.

I also enjoyed the Warriors unlikely rise from generally under appreciated to champs in the span of one season. They are fun to watch, I like how they play and generally appreciate what they stand for. They also usurped Lebron (thank god) as this was supposed to be Lebrons time to dominate. (He’d have 5 chips now)

And even then I only pull for them because it just so happens the Lakers suck and are totally irrelevant.

But we had HAND CHECKING back in the day! With hand checking the NBA talent of yesteryear that had day jobs outside the association would dominate today's so called "athletes."

Laimbeer flagerant FiTP into a living death and average 40 in the paint.

Toni Kukoc. Leaving him out of your breakdown, literally, invalidates the entire thing. Plus, Stephanie wouldn't even make it through a regular season intact.

The GS Wussies were fucking shook by Dellavedova for Christ's sake. Jordan would have them crying in the corner by midway through game 2, and that's without even mentioning Rodman's God-Tier jimmy rustling tactics.

The Warriors are a very good, but extremely overrated team that is the product of a soft as baby shit era in the NBA.

Showtime Lakers push their shit in too. No one on these team could possibly hope to hold Kareem, and Magic would make KD look like the manchild that he is.

Kobe/Shaq Lakers are also better.
I mentioned Kukoc. He was slow, his shot was slow and he was about the same level shooter as Gaymond.

That performance by Lebron in their first FInals was amazing. Better than the year they won imo. Brilliant strategy to slow the game down and make it best on best the whole way (since Bern was easily the best player in the series). But that was all before Durant showed up. If KD isn't there, I'm not writing that post.

LMAO at the 80's. Seriously, go watch Magic and Bird. 80's Kareem gets D'd up effectively by Javale Mcgee. He weighed like 230 at 7 feet tall and was severely slower than he had been in the 70's. He probably can't stay on the court defensively. Magic didn't play defense. They couldn't shoot the 3 effectively at all. Just no.

Kobe/Shaq Lakers (when they're winning) aren't from the 80's or 90's, but whatever. That would be interesting because nothing on GSW is stopping prime Shaq. Question becomes if the Lakes can score enough to keep up though. Kobe has to work for it, but gets the better of Klay but then what? Curry vs. Fisher? KD vs. Fox? I don't like their chances, even with Shaq dropping 40/game. And lest we forget, Shaq could be a bit of a defensive liability even at that point. He's no longer the rim protector he was in Orlando at that point. He's just impossible to move if he gets position.

Not really. There are a few ways to do it. The Cavs slowed the game down and executed their own ISO plays and were probably a bit better than GSW until Durant showed up (and they started falling apart). If you can manage both those things, it's possible. But with Durant, there is no team currently capable of doing that, because your execution has to be near perfect.

Houston's approach is also interesting. Just try to outscore them. That's also doable, but they need a real 3rd option playing 35+ minutes, not just a spark off the bench in Gordon. Or they need all their role players to actually show up (none of whom did game 1, except Capela for the first half).

Next year's Celtics will be an awesome test for this GSW team. That defense (amazing on the perimeter) with two excellent scorers being added to the mix. I'm looking forward to it. GSW will still be a bit more talented (and will have the best player in the series in KD), but Boston is young, fast, hungry and I'll take Stevens over Kerr.
Stevens is a great coach, I like that guy a lot. I just don't see a way any team can beat the Warriors in a series without beating them in horse first.

IWB on point ITT.
I respect and completely hate this Warios team. Fake-tough lesbian Gaymond can get fucked. Still don't think he's half as effective on a lesser team, but he's with these guys where he fills the few holes their 3 best do have and always has a passing option unless he's left wide open (common). I also do contend that going to GS was a bitch move by Durant. I don't call him a bitch in general, because he's the best offensive player in the game right now, but I still don't respect the choice. "He made his life easier!" Whatever. He's a max/supermax player anywhere. He made his on-court life easier. This is competitive sports, not some 9-5 where he made it easier to support his family and still have time to be with them. Their lives are already plenty easy. I don't think relieving yourself of pressure is something to be admired in sports. And yes, I think it has fucked up the competitive balance of the league.

I respect and completely hate this Warios team. Fake-tough lesbian Gaymond can get fucked. Still don't think he's half as effective on a lesser team, but he's with these guys where he fills the few holes their 3 best do have and always has a passing option unless he's left wide open (common). I also do contend that going to GS was a bitch move by Durant. I don't call him a bitch in general, because he's the best offensive player in the game right now, but I still don't respect the choice. "He made his life easier!" Whatever. He's a max/supermax player anywhere. He made his on-court life easier. This is competitive sports, not some 9-5 where he made it easier to support his family and still have time to be with them. Their lives are already plenty easy. I don't think relieving yourself of pressure is something to be admired in sports. And yes, I think it has fucked up the competitive balance of the league.

Well at least all that hate hasn’t completely compromised your judgment.

So excited for tonight's draft! Clipsters has 2.6% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

Regarding Durcant's move to Showers. I think he regrets going there. He said he wasn't happy after winning the championship and he has to create different IG accounts to trash OKC. Too many fake tough guys on the Showers with Draymond, West and Durcant.

Stevens is a great coach, I like that guy a lot. I just don't see a way any team can beat the Warriors in a series without beating them in horse first.
Next year Boston has a top 8 of

Kyrie (MVP candidate for part of the season, still young)
Hayward (finally became an AS, at SF in the West, before this season, still young)
Jaylen (taken enormous steps forward with those first two out)
Tatum (Will be 3rd in ROY voting and got huge minutes this season. Playing great, despite more than twice as many games as he's ever played before)
Rozier (How much drop off have we really seen offensively since Kyrie went out? He's not that level ballhandler or finisher/shooter, but he's nearly equal as a playmaker and almost never turns the ball over)
Soft Al Horford (Hasn't looked terribly soft in the 'yoffs, solid on both ends)
Marcus Morris (too streaky to rely on offensively in the 'yoffs, but if they're healthy they won't have to. Can still throw in a great shooting game, creating for himself, occasionally and is solid defensively)
Baynes (purely a big body, but can rim protect some, rebound some and at least make life a little harder in the paint)

I'm sure Rem or someone will point out Theis might be for real too, but I haven't seen enough to consider him better than anyone above yet.

They were the best team defensively against the 3 this season, even with Kyrie playing. All of these guys who were question marks before the season got to learn and prove themselves this season and did. Plus they're so young and athletic, playing at GSW pace won't be an issue.

This is going to be an awesome match up next year. I'd love to see what the B squad can do in the Finals this year, just so they get that experience (they have no chance without Kyrie and Hayward in crunch time).

Last edited:
So excited for tonight's draft! Clipsters has 2.6% chance of getting a top 3 pick.
It's scary that Boston has like a 2.9% chance of getting a pick somewhere in the early first round. But even if they don't get it (Lakers probably get to keep that pick, it's protected in most draft slots) they get Sacramento's next year. FFS.

Well at least all that hate hasn’t completely compromised your judgment.
They're the best team I've ever seen (except for exhibition/international bullshit). Wishing it weren't so doesn't matter. But it's so hard to watch this series. I don't like this team, but the Rockettes manage to make high paced basketball boring with their style. And they have just as many jackasses as GSW.

I want Bane front row next game. Lol.

I only except KD hate if someone actually says where he should have signed instead. And not that lame "anywhere but the warios" bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back