***2018 NBA Offseason Thread v1: Where will Lebron Go ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to wilbon, lebron goes to washington to fight trump and becomes the next president

https://theundefeated.com/features/washington-d-c-is-the-stage-large-enough-to-fit-lebron-james/
LMAO. Would be awesome, but no chance. They'd have to ship off one of the max contracts for nothing to start with. Plus they'd have get rid of Gortat for peanuts (honestly I'm fine with that, though I keep hoping they can get something, anything remotely usable for him). I read the article. His idea of having Bern opt in and then trading for him with Porter, Oubre and a pick seems unrealistic to me. Porter is the anchor on defense, the best spot up shooter besides Beal, and Oubre is a poor man's Porter. I think WallGOAT would be ok shooting less and being expected to concentrate more of his effort on defense, but you're paying him supermax money. That seems wasted if you're taking the ball out of his hand. And his greatest weakness by far is his shooting (though Bern and Wad made it work and Wad couldn't shoot either). Maybe with Bern so deep in his career he's ready to let someone else be primary ball handler and he shoots the kick outs, but it would be a massive adjustment.

Whatever, not going to devote anymore thought to this. It ain't happening.

Wizcans would love to get rid of Wall but no one is taking that horrendous contract.

If Wizcans somehow blundered into Lebron they’d have to ship out Wall.
No way that combo works.

Bron, Beal, Porter is your new core.

Of course Porters #s would instantly go to shit and he’d suddenly end up on mental health awareness commercials.

Lol at Vegas making the Warriors -360 favorites over the ‘96 Bulls.

If that match up happened in some hypothetical world would be fucking HILARIOUS to watch YUUUUGEEE money come in on the Bulls, bring the line close to even before Smart Money came in and Swooped up the Warriors.

Then Warriors sweep by average margin of 20.

Tons of teams take that deal. Wall isn't a bad contract

<bball1>

2017/18 $18,063,850
2018/19 $19,169,800
2019/20 $37,800,000
2020/21 $40,824,000
2021/22 $43,848,000

and a 15% trade kicker. No one is going to trade for the right to pay Jim Wall $50m in a season.

Love PER 34th all time, Pau 43rd
Offensive Rating Love is 38th and Pau is 97th
Total rebound % Love is 7th, Pau is 96th
True Shooting % Love is 88th, Pau is 110th
Win shares per 48 Love is 37th, Pau is 61st

Pau has better Defensive Rating, win shares, and VORP but Love has a big advantage in some advanced stats too. As for the value of VORP, Jason Kidd has a higher VORP than Magic, Shaq, Olajuwon... and Pau has a higher VORP than Durant lmao. That makes him better? Not saying Love is better than Pau but statistics don’t tell the whole story.

Lmfao Pau is an ATG, love is an ATG. Hell im sure we can dig up some stats to argue that fisher and Norris Cole are ATG’s while we’re at it.

Lol at Vegas making the Warriors -360 favorites over the ‘96 Bulls.

If that match up happened in some hypothetical world would be fucking HILARIOUS to watch YUUUUGEEE money come in on the Bulls, bring the line close to even before Smart Money came in and Swooped up the Warriors.

Then Warriors sweep by average margin of 20.

90s defense was absolutely insane. Those tall white guys in South American swim trunks would absolutely SHIT on current players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back