2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

lol, Dez will be throwing up the X in Lambeau whether he wants to or not.

He wants a one year prove it deal? I say give him a couple million more than we gave Mo Wilkerson and lets reap the rewards aka production.

<Rodgers1> To<NFLDez1> =
giphy.gif

I'd be ok with a "kick the tires for a year and fucking prove you belong" deal.

Hell, sign him for two years, he balls out then trade his ass away to someone for a first and a 2nd round pick.

Hell, sign him for two years, he balls out then trade his ass away to someone for a first and a 2nd round pick.

I just want one year from him, to be honest. Whoever ends up signing him is going to probably get the last elite year Dez has. He knows wherever he goes he has to produce or else he will be the laughing stock of the league and the Cowboys will have been right all along.

Speaking of prove it deals, we have Haha, Clay and Cobb looking for either a new deal or that elusive third GB contract. I'm expecting big things from those guys in 2018.

Then you have Mo Wilkerson who is looking to prove his worth again. There's going to be a lot of hunger and drive on this team this year.

Old wide receiver for a 2nd round pick

Sure thing, broseph.

I was fully in the Dez camp before the draft but hell no. If anything, Gute should be cutting another veteran receiver (and I expect he will if any three out of Geronimo, Michael Clark Duncan, J'mon, MVS, EQ, and Aloha Akbar end up balling out in training camp) not signing one.

Old wide receiver for a 2nd round pick

Sure thing, broseph.
There will be a team out there to fleece. Like the way the Niners did the Bears dirty during the draft last year when they moved up like a spot to get Trubisky....

I was fully in the Dez camp before the draft but hell no. If anything, Gute should be cutting another veteran receiver (and I expect he will if any three out of Geronimo, Michael Clark Duncan, J'mon, MVS, EQ, and Aloha Akbar end up balling out in training camp) not signing one.
Geronimo 'Stone Hands' Allison hopefully.

Cut Cobb. It's been 3 seasons since he's been relevant. Or we can pay him $12 million for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Cut Cobb. It's been 3 seasons since he's been relevant. Or we can pay him $12 million for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns.
I get the point but I am curious if he'll be a better producer as a true slot guy under Philbin.

Like how the Pats have used Amendola/Edelman and Welker. Last two years seems like everyone runs down field 10 yards without true in or out cuts and shit.

EDIT:
I only say this because Philbin GOT the damn Miami HC job cause of how crazy the offense was under him up in GB the prior years. We were Top 10 EVERY year for the near decade he had been with us and that was when we last won the SB too.

As per Wiki what the Packers produced that year both offensively and defensively.
The Packers offense ranked ninth in yards per game, tenth in total points, & fifth in passing yards. The defense ranked fifth in yards allowed and finished second in fewest points allowed (240, second best in team history), sacks (47), and interceptions (24), while also limiting quarterbacks to a 67.2 passer rating, first in the league.

Those defensive stats are insane.

EDIT 2:

I agree with Shannon... ugh.. wtf..... Hell freezing over?

BUT, Shannon sounds a tad bitter/a hater of Dez... and Skip is still a jackass surprise surprise. Someone remind him he thought RG3 would go down as a better QB than Godgers.

"It gets cold.. it gets real cold in Green Bay and you've been dropping balls in climate control....

Last edited:

You have to take other things into account. How many short yardage plays got a much needed first down? Does he draw coverage from other receivers?

He would still count $3.25 against the cap if he's cut plus his $469K roster bonus so it would only save about 8.6 million. I think if they cut him after June 2 they can delay some of that to next year which might be their thinking. If any other receivers pan out, they could cut him after training camp but he does get a $400K workout bonus before then.

Clay Matthews could be cut with no dead cap money and save $10 million.
44 tackles, 8.5 sacks a 2 passes defensed.

Eh, I'm off the cut Cobb bandwagon. Dude missed 3 games in the 2016 season. Two of which were the final two games; when Allison was playing pretty well in his spot. Then came that game against the Giants in the wild card round of the playoffs. Jordy got hurt early and guess who stepped up and balled out? Cobb - 116 yards 3 td's.

Philbin should definitely get more out of Cobb, but at the very least the guy shows up big in the postseason.

Eh, I'm off the cut Cobb bandwagon. Dude missed 3 games in the 2016 season. Two of which were the final two games; when Allison was playing pretty well in his spot. Then came that game against the Giants in the wild card round of the playoffs. Jordy got hurt early and guess who stepped up and balled out? Cobb - 116 yards 3 td's.

Philbin should definitely get more out of Cobb, but at the very least the guy shows up big in the postseason.

I completely forgot about Philbin. He at least knows how to work with slot receivers. I don't hate keeping Cobb - you dudes all make good points.

Can't make up my mind until after camp. I trust Philbin to utilize Cobb, but I also trust the staff to develop young receivers.

I completely forgot about Philbin. He at least knows how to work with slot receivers. I don't hate keeping Cobb - you dudes all make good points.

He’s FA after the year anyway. Cutting him at this point only makes the team worse

Def overpaid but at least he’s got chemistry with the QB and hes good to have when they need a 1st down

This is a year old but i was reminded of it the other day and it never fails to make me laugh and it’s the offseason

Leader of the defense LOOMS

Is anyone else excited to rabidly root against the Saints this year? I had kind of gotten over the whole bountygate thing and started admiring them in the last few years but now that we're getting that draft pick, I will passionately hate them every second of the season.

Is anyone else excited to rabidly root against the Saints this year? I had kind of gotten over the whole bountygate thing and started admiring them in the last few years but now that we're getting that draft pick, I will passionately hate them every second of the season.

Oh yeah, I will be rooting hard against them.

I just hope I don't end up drafting Kamara or Brees or I'll feel like I'm fucking over my team by hoping they do well for my fantasy team.

So, who is the backup going into the regular season for the Pack? Hundley or Kizer?

I'm honestly hoping it's Kizer. I really don't think Hundley can turn it around in GB, the fans hate the guy too much.

Jackson and Alexander both officially signed by the Pack in the last week too btw.

It's gotta be Kizer. Hundley had every opportunity to cement himself as the guy at backup QB.

Back