2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

We still managed to beat the Bears last season with one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. The Bears had their chance to pick Rodgers as did 23 other teams but they chose to waste the number 4 pick on an alcoholic running back, Cedric Benson who they had trouble signing. The Packers didn't really need a quarterback but the Bears did and waited until the fourth round to draft Kyle Orton.

Yeah that's a stupid narrative to say because the Bears got Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman to develop into their future QBs and it didn't work out. But hey, let's just pretend all things were equal so the Bears drafting QB makes total sense when you already are developing 2.

I guess I know from now on not to take your analysis seriously.

That's like saying other teams had the same chance to draft Tom Brady but they didn't do it.

Yeah that's a stupid narrative to say because the Bears got Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman to develop into their future QBs and it didn't work out. But hey, let's just pretend all things were equal so the Bears drafting QB makes total sense when you already are developing 2.

I guess I know from now on not to take your analysis seriously.

That's like saying other teams had the same chance to draft Tom Brady but they didn't do it.

Best player available regardless of need got the Packers a HOF player years before they needed one. Pull your head out and admit that the Bears screwed the pooch. Of course if the Bears had taken Rodgers, he might have suffered the fate of all Bears quarterbacks.

Really solid high-upside picks at WR today.

I'm not much a fan of J'Mon Moore, but I think he's basically a faster Allison with worse catching mechanics. St. Brown and V-C are both raw, but have extremely high upside as field stretchers.

Now we wait a year or two to see if these guys solve any problems.

Now we wait a year or two to see if these guys solve any problems.

I still say sign Dez on a cheap one year deal and get the most out of him. Then next year hopefully 2 of the big ass WR's we drafted this year move up the depth chart. Then you've got Clark who could be a monster with time.

Based on positions and need seems like they covered a lot of things. The late wideouts is a TT special (nothing wrong with that though, might as well take a shot at this point. You can’t teach 6’4 or sub 4.40). Lot of good athletes taken in general. The OL they took might be in the mix at RG right away

Little surprised on punter, didn’t see it as a need but if this guy beats out the current one then they’ll be set there for awhile. Plus he can kickoff and hold apparently which helps as well

In Gute we trust

Best player available regardless of need got the Packers a HOF player years before they needed one. Pull your head out and admit that the Bears screwed the pooch. Of course if the Bears had taken Rodgers, he might have suffered the fate of all Bears quarterbacks.

The arguable best QB in the draft fell to the Packers who were already had Favre discussing retirement and no replacement plan. That doesn't happen in 99% of situations. Especially someone of that talent. So please pull your head out of your ass and try to be objective about picks. Ted Thompson didn't do jack shit for consistency with literally any other pick during his tenure. He could never draft competent line backers, couldn't draft good secondary and relied on free agency, he's never put together an offensive line thats been consistent or healthy, he didn't draft a good running back and every receiver that left the Packers was shit. The exception was Donald Driver who was a Packer until retirement.

Let's just pretend like Playoff teams are consistently drafting QBs because it's best position available too LOL

Please learn a damn thing about football and what the fuck your organization does.

What you're saying makes no sense.

Last edited:
Some of those bad defensive picks were reaches because Capers scheme was shit since 2011.

Square hole round peg.

The arguable best QB in the draft fell to the Packers who were already had Favre discussing retirement and no replacement plan. That doesn't happen in 99% of situations. Especially someone of that talent. So please pull your head out of your ass and try to be objective about picks. Ted Thompson didn't do jack shit for consistency with literally any other pick during his tenure. He could never draft competent line backers, couldn't draft good secondary and relied on free agency, he's never put together an offensive line thats been consistent or healthy, he didn't draft a good running back and every receiver that left the Packers was shit. The exception was Donald Driver who was a Packer until retirement.

Let's just pretend like Playoff teams are consistently drafting QBs because it's best position available too LOL

Please learn a damn thing about football and what the fuck your organization does.

What you're saying makes no sense.

Gotten to much? Is it that time of the month for you? A Bear fan who thinks she knows anything about football. TT never put together a good offensive line but the Bears jumped on Sitton as soon as the Packers dumped him. What you know about football could be written on the head of a pin in letters 4 inches high. Take a couple of Midol and relax. <Ellaria01>

Gotten to much? Is it that time of the month for you? A Bear fan who thinks she knows anything about football. TT never put together a good offensive line but the Bears jumped on Sitton as soon as the Packers dumped him. What you know about football could be written on the head of a pin in letters 4 inches high. Take a couple of Midol and relax. <Ellaria01>

Nice :)

Scott also holds the Alabama record for career punting average at 45.6 yards per punt. He had only five punts returned as a senior for 36 yards with two of the five returns going for no gain, dropping 27 of his 54 boots inside the 20-yard line, with only four touchbacks.

He also dabbled a little on field goals, converting a 48-yard field goal on one attempt.

Holy shit. He’s also 6’6 and runs a 4.8. Could have him do kickoffs and preserve Crosby as he gets older

Probably the one and only time I’ve ever been this excited to get a punter lmao

Don't assume my gender you bigot

Bears have had bad drafts over the years, Pace has done a good job. You just REFUSE to acknowledge that your drafts are mostly shit throughout the entirety of Rodgers career.

Bears have had better drafts in the last 3-4 years than anyone in the division IMO. Vikings hit really well on defense but they got lucky with UFA Thielen.

You talk shit about Sitton but he signed him because we had Long and if he were to stay healthy we were set at guard and with Langford and now Howard our inside runs were money. You wouldn't know anything about a competent run game though.

Excited we got that WSU OL.

Worried though that the Queens signed Hercules as an UDFA. He’s undersized for DL at the NFL level but if anyone can make him NFL caliber it’ll be Zimmer and he’s going to be a scary fucker the .

Ok besides the wtf factor of the long snapper, this is looking like a damn good draft. The backfield could be one of the best in the league this season. And I'm do hyped about EQSB lol, this crazy ass trilingual perfectionist should be an awesome locker room addition.

Yeah I'm cool with it. I've watched zero of them play but I like the direction they went

Holy shit. He’s also 6’6 and runs a 4.8. Could have him do kickoffs and preserve Crosby as he gets older

Probably the one and only time I’ve ever been this excited to get a punter lmao
Right? If he's a beast then draft him. People devaluing positions like you don't need talent everywhere

I haven't heard of any undrafted free agents that the Packers have picked up. They were always one of the most active in bringing them in after the draft and we usually heard about them immediately after the draft.

I haven't heard of any undrafted free agents that the Packers have picked up. They were always one of the most active in bringing them in after the draft and we usually heard about them immediately after the draft.

OG Jacob Alsadek
QB Tim Boyle
C Austin Davis
WR Damon Gibson
DE Naashon Hughes
LB C.J. Johnson
DL Tyler Lancaster
OL Alex Light
OT Kyle Meadows
DT Filipo Mokofisi
CB Chris Seisay

Update Packers UDFA
  • Raven Greene, DB, James Madison
  • Chris Seisay, DB, Oregon
  • Damon Gibson, TE, Minnesota-Moorhead
  • Tim Boyle, QB, Eastern Kentucky
  • Kevin Rader, TE, Youngstown State
  • Marcus Porter, LB, Fairmont State
  • Filipo Mokofisi, DT, Utah
  • Jacob Alsadek, OL, Arizona
  • Tyler Lancaster, DL, Northwestern
  • C.J. Johnson, LB/DE, East Texas Baptist
  • Austin Davis, OL, Duke
  • Chris Seisay, CB, Portland State
  • Naashon Hughes, LB, Texas
  • Alex Light, OL, Richmond
They also cut Joe Callahan again.

With the way Hundley played at the end of season, and the coaches not putting Callahan in, made it clear that he had no future.

Back