2018 Green Bay Packers v.3..... Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 28 yo 5'10" WR that can't create separation, is always injured and has only gotten 10 yards a catch for the past 4 seasons despite Rodgers throwing him the ball.

He'll get on a team, like Jordy did, flounder and be out of the league by 30.

AccurateDampKarakul-size_restricted.gif

Fuck signing Pat Fitzgerald, seriously.

a 28 yo 5'10" WR that can't create separation, is always injured and has only gotten 10 yards a catch for the past 4 seasons despite Rodgers throwing him the ball.

He'll get on a team, like Jordy did, flounder and be out of the league by 30.

Jordy didn't really flounder, though. He's probably been Oakland's best receiver, but the team is a mess.

Cobb has always been the most overrated of the receiver group. Even James Jones, who couldn't stay in the league for more than a year without getting signed back to Green Bay (and being the team's most productive receiver before then falling out of the league permanently), has more ability to be independently productive than Cobb. I called it in 2015 that Cobb's contract was an embarrassment, while everyone else was applauding him taking a hometown discount. I agree that his only way to stay in the league is as a rarely-used utility player for a team like New England.

Is Rodgers coachable? Will he ever trust the plays called and make the read and deliver the ball quickly? He is far too in love with improvising instead of taking what is there.

And must he have the ball snapped with 1 second on the play clock every down? It's infuriating.

Is Rodgers coachable? Will he ever trust the plays called and make the read and deliver the ball quickly? He is far too in love with improvising instead of taking what is there.

And must he have the ball snapped with 1 second on the play clock every down? It's infuriating.

Rodgers' issues can be fixed, he just needs a coach to come in and have him buy into an offense he can believe in. But Rodgers is also going to have to check his ego at the door. Run the ball more, take what the defense gives you, no more hero ball when it's not needed. If McCarthy could come in and reign Favre in; the same can happen for Rodgers. I just hope it isn't too late for him.

#HireMcDaniels.

Rodgers' issues can be fixed, he just needs a coach to come in and have him buy into an offense he can believe in. But Rodgers is also going to have to check his ego at the door. Run the ball more, take what the defense gives you, no more hero ball when it's not needed. If McCarthy could come in and reign Favre in; the same can happen for Rodgers. I just hope it isn't too late for him.

#HireMcDaniels.

I think they will hire McD. I'm like 80% sure. It could be amazing or a dumpster fire. Exciting times.

Yes, and it is hard for the offense to get in sync when Rodgers improvises all the time. Just improvise when the play breaks down.

You guys disgust me lol. McDaniels is a weasel. I'd be more ok with Brian Flores, if only to make Mike Daniels happy lol, but even then, anyone with the stink of new England on them should not be trusted.

Bieniemy bless

I’d rather have the Saints OC over McDaniels. What McDaniels did to the Colts still bothers me PLUS he’s been guaranteed Bill’s job in NE when Bill retires and he’s paid like a HC to be a coordinator in NE.

Also, side news that isn’t really news..... Rodgers apparently signed a deal to use that new VICIS or however you spell it helmet.... the same one Jake Ryan and Bahk use. Given he had a concussion to end the season and this helmet supposedly is the best at preventing them.....

I just can't see why, despite him sucking ass in Denver and other Belichick disciples being a steaming shit pile, you would take a guy who betrayed an organization like last years colts, with whom the packers have so much in common. Especially when there are so many successful Andy Reid proteges, and another one on the market. Makes zero sense.

But, I should say, Rodgers deserves the LeBron deal. Let him pick the coach he wants. If that's Brady's sloppy seconds, so be it.

Last edited:
I likewise would like someone from the Reid (/Holmgren) coaching tree.

Even setting aside McDaniels being somewhat of a slimeball before, I just can't trust anyone from Belichick's tree. They've all failed spectacularly. Hell, the latest one just took Detroit from the perennial edge of the playoffs to 5-11.

I likewise would like someone from the Reid (/Holmgren) coaching tree.

Even setting aside McDaniels being somewhat of a slimeball before, I just can't trust anyone from Belichick's tree. They've all failed spectacularly. Hell, the latest one just took Detroit from the perennial edge of the playoffs to 5-11.

The pencil didn't help him.

Why are we interviewing Coach Butthole formerly of the Lolphins?

The dude refused to run Kenyan Drake in favor of that fossil Frank Gore.....

This is the first person mentioned that’s piqued my interest right away

I don't get the Gase love. Did well calling a loaded offense but not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back