2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines wasn't voted in by the BBWAA though and him getting in is a total joke. Same for Martinez imo

At least Martinez was able to stay on the ballot and had to wait until the final year to get in, compared to someone who only ever got 6% of the ballot and then gets in through the backdoor. That's just ridiculous. Did anyone even get in the same way after receiving a lower percentage of votes from the BBWAA?

Mussina and Martinez shouldn't be in the HoF.
The DH award is named for him and if Papi gets in, the guy that has won the award the most, and the dude the award is named after isn't in........

Mo was Unanimous eh , pretty stoked about that, even though Ken Griffey Jr. should have been Unanimous as well , hell for fucks sake Cal Ripken Jr. Wasn't unanimous either, some writers just want attention .

The DH award is named for him and if Papi gets in, the guy that has won the award the most, and the dude the award is named after isn't in........

Does Papi get in before bonds ? Cause Papi also had a Ped fiasco , but thst shit seemed to disappear .

Does Papi get in before bonds ? Cause Papi also had a Ped fiasco , but thst shit seemed to disappear .
Papi also didn’t break a sacred record during a PED fiasco to be fair. I think that’s what’s holding Bonds.

Other steroid era guys have gotten in.

2200 hits 300 homeruns while not being good enough to field a position gets you into the HoF now. lmao. McGriff was more deserving.

Less than 14% of the vote for Sheffield (who hit 500+ HRs). Would be nice to see a Marlin make the HOF.

$20 grand a MONTH?

Is this kid already in college or some shit but a minor?
Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera's off-field fiasco has finally come to an end as a Florida judge has ordered him to pay $20,000 a month in child support to an ex-mistress he fathered two children with and pay off her nearly $1 million mansion by July.

According to Florida court documents obtained by the Detroit Free Press, the Detroit slugger must also pay for health care, private tuition, day care, extra-curricular activities and vacations for the two children.This is on top of the $20,000 a month he will pay their mother, Belkis Rodriguez, who lives in a gated community in Orlando with the children. Cabrera must also pay for the woman's attorney fees.

Cabrera's lawyer was not readily available for comment. Rodriguez's lawyer, Terry Young, declined comment.

The judge's order follows a trial that was held in Orange County Circuit Court, where Rodriguez sued the millionaire baseball player in 2017 for $100,000 a month in child support in an explosive lawsuit that outed their affair.

It also revealed the two children he fathered with her. The boy is now 6; the girl 3. Both of them will also get vacations equal to what the children Cabrera has with his marital wife, under the court order. The judge also ordered that Cabrera provide the children with perks, like annual passes to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...oit-tigers-mistress-child-support/2645360002/

6 and 3 years old.

Less than 14% of the vote for Sheffield (who hit 500+ HRs). Would be nice to see a Marlin make the HOF.
ivan-rodriguez-marlins-si-cover.jpg

6 and 3 years old.
Like, I get that they're based on your current pay rate but she sued for 100,000 PER MONTH?!

Good Jesus fuck... and why does he have to pay for HER mansion confuses me.

Attorney fees is normal.

Halladay's 10 year peak was amazing. I wonder how much his early death influenced voters.

I've heard all of the Mussina arguments, but Pedro pitched in the same division around the same time and flat out dominated. Seems Mussina's advocates don't care. Sorry, Moose. Wouldn't have voted for you.

I'm good with Edgar. The DH has been around for 40 years. If it's a position, then players should be recognized for their achievements. Career .418 OBP, .933 OPS, more BBs than Ks. He raked.

Ironic that a closer gets the first 100. Career postseason: 141 innings, ERA: 0.70 ERA, 2 HR allowed. Amazing. If nothing else, I hope this signals the death of the, "he's a HoFer, but not a 1st ballot HOFer" way of voting.

Would he go in as a Marlin or a Dodger, thought he had his most productive years in LA or some shit .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back