2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello War Room Citizens and welcome to the 2nd annual Sherdog President of the War Room Debate / Town Hall. I am your debate moderator tonight along with our guest moderators, GNN Anchor @Gandhi and free speech advocate/ special reporter @Bald1. It is also important to note that our debate moderator @Gandhi has taken a vow of silence before tonight's debate. Unfortunately, he did not tell us what cause the vow of silence was for but we are sure it was for something very important.
Gandhi said:
Simply amazing and truly touching, @Gandhi. So brave!

oBe8sAar.jpg

17 candidates remain for round 2 of our selection process and you the War Room citizens will get to hear their positions tonight. Afterwards, the thread will be open for our town hall format where candidates will be questioned by anyone in the audience or by another candidate.

Before we start the debate, it needed to be noted the following poorly managed campaigns failed to be here tonight to answer questions for you the War Room. These campaigns were:

@Space
@Falsedawn
@JDragon
@alanb
@Quipling
@colby25
@luckyshot
Truly embarrassing. But they are still in the race and will hopefully answer questions for you in the Town Hall.

But on to our more competent and attentive candidates here tonight! We will go in order of seeding. The highest ranked candidate, @HomerThompson is first:

What is your platform for a term as President of the War Room if you win?

HomerThompson said:
If I win, my sticky thread will be a place for robust discussion of all the political issues in the world. We'll see more focus on foreign policy, economics, tax policy, etc. No identity politics allowed. Ideas only. Myself, my VP, and my cabinet, will help provide content in the thread for discussion. An atmosphere of unfettered exchange shall be nourished, and encouraged. Shit tier trolling will be mercilessly snuffed out. A better kind of thread. A better kind of War Room!

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement?
HomerThompson said:
Palis is a can.

My endorsements will speak for themselves.

Which candidate do you think you are in direct competition for with voters and how are you the superior candidate?
HomerThompson said:
I don't think I'm in direct competition with any single poster. I see the entire field as my competition.

What was the best MMA trilogy of all-time?
HomerThompson said:
GSP/Hughes

Thank you @HomerThompson
Our next candidate is @irish_thug

irish_thug said:
As stated previously, my platform is one of promoting greater free speech within the sub forum. Often times within the war room debates get heated to the point where conversations go beyond the borders of what is deemed acceptable. To facilitate this I will use my long-standing contacts withing the administration of th OT to have threads periodically moved to the OT. Rather than seeing threads get dumped or deleted and posters getting infracted, moving the odd thread will further discussion and preserve the war room while protecting it's members. Open discourse must remain a corner stone of the war room, anything that I can do to further this will be a success.

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement?

• irish_thug said:
    President
    irish_thug said:
    @Palis faced a very difficult task on two fronts. Not only was he the first president of the war room, but early on he was branded as an outsider. Given these circumstances I feel he did an impeccable job. And although I did vote for him, I will not seek his his endorsement. Not because I don't want it, but because I feel he will give the endorsement to whoever he feels deserves it, regardless of pandering. Furthermore I will seek no endorsements. As a believer in true democracy I want to see each citizen make up his/her/@Zer mind, not be influenced as we see too often in modern politics.

Which candidate do you think you are in direct competition for with voters and how are you the superior candidate?

• irish_thug said:
    I don't feel that I am in direct competition with anyone in this election. I feel I am far more centrist than most, and as a result will be taking votes from the left and the right. Having said that I feel @Rational Poster is the most dangerous of my competitors. He clearly recognises that we have the potential to hurt one another as he has already offered me a cabinet position within his administration. I see myself as being the superior candidate due to the fact that I do not allow myself to get sucked into emotional and personal attacks in the way that he does. I prefer to debate ideas based on their merit and leave insults for the appropriate sub forum.

Who is the best non-US MMA fighter of all time?

• irish_thug said:
    Recent events have shown us that the best non-US based mma fighter, and in fact potentially the greatest of all time is none other than Georges St. Pierre. Had he retired post affliction Fedor's name would still be in the discussion. As would Anderson's had he not tarnished his legacy with two failed drug tests.

Thank you @irish_thug for your time. Next up is @Kafir-kun

kafir-kun said:
Managing the sticky with a bipartisan group to generate interesting and fruitful discussion on anything from lesser known policy issues to historical topics. The kind of thing that isn't talked about in the rest of the WR basically.

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement? If no, what endorsements have you been seeking? If yes, what other endorsements have you been seeking?

kafir-kun said:
Who?(Final answer)

kafir-kun said:
Falsedawn but I'm better because Latin American dictators are so yesteryear
Who is the second GOAT WW MMA fighter?
kafir-kun said:
Matt Hughes

On to @Rational Poster

Rational Poster said:
To be the President the War Room deserves. A fighter and a thinker. A strong gif game combined with a level of eloquence that even my most ardent detractors cannot deny.

A board presence that cannot be ignored. A destroyer of threads and collector of skulls. I have outlasted many foes in such a short period, and their alt-accounts, it's impossible to keep track.

No matter how shitty the thread is I will be there to tell you every day without fail.

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis?
Rational Poster said:

Do you seek his endorsement?
Rational Poster said:

What endorsements have you been seeking?

Rational Poster said:
As future President of the War Room I seek everyone's endorsement, except Palis.

Rational Poster said:
I am in competition with all of the candidates, but I think in particular it is important that the War Room must unite against the intruders from other forums @pcptornado and @Clippy.

We cannot have another "President" Palis

Who is the GOAT multi-division MMA fighter?
Rational Poster said:
Going with my heart, BJ Penn.

bh17hk.gif

All weights, all challengers. Even when he lost, he found a way into my heart.

6rkm89.gif

Bald1 said:
Will you go for the double crown of POTWR / worst poster in the WR?
Rational Poster said:
Being voted one of the worst posters in the poll was obviously a right wing conspiracy. I will continue to root them out one at a time.

I still might be top 3 tho.

Thank you @Raitonal Poster for your time. Next up is @Clippy

Clippy said:
The Earth is round, this is the most important issue at hand for me, flat Earthists must be destroyed

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement? If no, what endorsements have you been seeking? If yes, what other endorsements have you been seeking?
Clippy said:
He's cool, I was minister of office supplies and now want to move up

Clippy said:
I have no competition - I'm the best

Which MMA promotion was/is the best outside of the UFC?
Clippy said:

Thank you @Clippy. We move on to @senri

Senri said:
The aim is the assuage all corporeal flesh towards the migration of The Nexus, it is there where are all presuppositions and ascension of man will reach the next epoch. It is a purpose not a state of perfection. Once achieved the arbiters will bring upon new paradigms that will enable the cortex to seek dimensions where axioms shall yield new properties. One step at a time, nice and slowly...

Senri said:
Palis's flesh is of prime tightness much like yourself Mr Lead. He nurtured his cortex sufficiently enough to get some oscillations from the shards of The Nexus. He can penetrate with vigor. I will endorse the next potential arbiter, Mr Clippy. He will be beautiful to us all...

Senri said:
Mr Kafir seems to have assuaged the Sapiens towards his cause. I wouldn't say superior is the right word, rather how does his musk fare in relation to other specimens on the roster? To that I say he desires to taste what has eluded him all his life, he is curious what i can gape within his dendrites. He knows this to be true but will feign ignorance for the Ennui is strong within the realms of The Ennui. I can show him the path that cannot be absconded from.

What MMA fighter has come the closest to finding the Nexus?
Senri said:
The Nexus assuages and saturates The dark flesh which are the pillars of The Nexus. Mr Anderson instinctively came close to migrating inside The Nexus, but Ennui got a hold of his hubris nature.

But really, whats with all the sex and murder stuff?
Senri said:
You better settle down with the blasphemy talk. You see only but the mucus of The Ennui, the paradigm of your axioms must be shifted towards the migration of The Nexus for the central veracity to your existence is the testament to your genesis. You must migrate towards this super ordinate presupposition Mr Lead, it is the point of aim you are seeking and it is at this point that will ascend you towards that of which radiate your essence... This will take time to penetrate so don't worry as time is on your side in the same way it is onto us all...

Thank you @senri for whatever that was. Next, we move on to @VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution said:
My politics are simple, I am a economic progressive, social libertarian, and non-interventionist.

However, this is besides the point. As custodian of the WR sticky, I pledge to revive the WR debate league with the first topic being whether Trumps relationship with Russia is illegal, and also to attempt political action against Illinois Representative (D) Janice Schakowsky who is an Israeli and Turkish agent.

VivaRevolution said:
My predecessor was rather entertaining, but lacked political depth. I think i would rather drink a beer with him, than discuss the intricacies of FIAT currency.
Again though, the only question that matters, is what is the custodian of the sticky going to do with it.

VivaRevolution said:
]I am a non-partisan poster, and candidate. I have allies and enemies on both sides of the partisan line here. I will not elevate any of my competitors by answering this question. They are either partisan hacks, smart economic progressives, or smart libertarians with an emphasis on the liberty part.

What's you favorite division to follow right now in the UFC and why?
VivaRevolution said:
Fuck Israel, and Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Also, that question is as irrelevant as my answer was.

Revive the debate league with me, and lets go on a witch hunt for a turncoat foreign agent that also happens to be a sitting US Representative.

VIVA 2018!

Thank you Viva. On to @pcptornado:

pcptornado said:
To be the GOAT War Room President Sherdog has ever seen and to bring stability to this often derided subforum.

Rest assured my term for WR President is not an OT forum raid, I enjoy reading your guys' post and want to see this place run smoothly for everyone with maybe just a little flaming and butthurt.

<{1-16}>

pcptornado said:
I was not around much in the WR during that time, but I am buds with @Palis and he's always been cool with me. His endorsement would certainly help my campaign, but that's for him to decide.

I seek the endorsement of those who want a better War Room

pcptornado said:
A motivated @Clippy could cause some waves. @irish_thug is a serious threat and so is @snakedafunky.

I am the superior candidate for my GOAT thread accomplishments and can bring the WR together with gifs of large breasts and serious political discussion with less flaming and shitposting for a greater War Room experience.

What was the biggest MMA upset fight of all-time to you?
pcptornado said:
Fan since 2008, off the top of my head Bisping/Rockhold 2

Thank you pcp. On to @CauseImbetta :

CauseImBetta said:
1. No topic will be off the table, anything can be open for discussion!
2. I don’t care what people believe, they have a right to say it, no matter how “controversial”.
3. To avoid arguing in circles, if you finally agree with a point and admit it you were wrong you will get extra likes. If you stick to your dumb point that has been proven false, you will get no likes.
4. I am totally impartial to all Sherdog members and ideas.
5. I am an natural leader and can rally everyone.
6. I have natural mod like talent, and will dedicate time and effort to maintaining a sticky thread.

CauseImBetta said:
Good considering he was the first. He was proud of his position and accomplishment. I don’t need endorsements, I am a self-made man. If Trump can do it, I can do it!

CauseImBetta said:
Homer Simpson. He has experience and tried for this position last year. Though we have a similar sharp wit and appreciate satire, I believe I am more well-read, well-travelled, handsome and up to date with current affairs in Sherdog and on the world stage.

Who was the best champion outside of UFC/Pride from any era?
CauseImBetta said:

Thanks @CauseImbetta . On to..... oh wait, I think Gandhi is about to break his vow of silence!
Gandhi said:
Nope, still holding to the vow. So brave. This must be something very very important.

But on to our next candidate, @snakedafunky

snakedafunky said:
The struggle between the posters and the hatred amongst them is being nurtured by very specific interested parties. It is a small, rootless, international clique of mods that is turning the posters against each other, that does not want them to have peace. It is the mods who are at home both nowhere and everywhere, who do not have anywhere a soil on which they have grown up, but who moderate in the heavies today, in Off-Topic tomorrow, Mayberry the day after that and who ban and silence posters everywhere. They are the only ones who can be addressed as international elements because they conduct their business everywhere, but the War Room posters cannot follow them. The people are bounded to the War Room, bounded to its fatherland, bounded to the possibilities of life that Sherdog offers.

snakedafunky said:
Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of Palis and his mods friends. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will have gallows built in rows—in the Bare Knuckle for example—as many as traffic allows. Then Palis will be hanged indiscriminately, and he will remain hanging until he stinks; he will hang there as long as the principles of hygiene permit. As soon as he has been untied, the next batch of mods will be strung up, and so on down the line, until the last of Pali's mod friends in the War Room has been exterminated. Other Forums will follow suit, precisely in this fashion, until all Sherdog has been completely cleansed of anything resembling Palis or his mods friends.

snakedafunky said:
I will tolerate no opposition. We recognize only subordination – authority downwards and responsibility upwards. You just tell the War Room bourgeoisie that I shall be finished with them far quicker than I shall with the mods. When once the conservative forces in the War Room realize that only I and can win Sherdogs proletariat over and that no parliamentary games can be played with the mods, then Sherdog will be saved for all time, then we can found a Sherdog Peoples State.

What UFC (not interim) champ is going to be the next to lose their belt?
snakedafunky said:
What is this an MMA Forum? Not sure I don't even know the next title fights. I would have liked for Franky to win the title.

Bald1 said:
You mentioned in Round 1 an Arian certification. Can you elaborate further on this?
snakedafunky said:
The Arian certificate is more of a catchy name than a racial classification. It's about only the best posters survive. Something the mods have been working against.
The mods exposure of sick, weak, deformed posters, in short, their destruction, is more decent and in truth a thousand times more humane than the wretched insanity of our day which preserves the most pathological posters, and indeed at any price, and yet takes the life of a hundred thousand healthy posters in consequence of bans or yellow cards, in order subsequently to breed posters of degenerates burdened with illnesses.

Thank you @snakedafunky.

And now let the Town Hall begin. The thread is now open for questions directed at any candidate. This is the time to properly vet and learn about your candidates to make an informed decision in the next two threads. With that said, myself, @Bald1 and @Gandhi wish you a good night.

*Notice- Town Hall will continue until Friday 11/24 around 9pm EST time. Polls for the jungle primary will open shortly after*

Props to @22k, our debate photographer tonight

Last edited:
Candidate List (Seeded)
1. @HomerThompson
2. @irish_thug
3. @Kafir-kun
4. @Rational Poster
5. @Space
6. @Clippy
7. @Falsedawn
8. @JDragon
9. @senri
10. @alanb
11. @VivaRevolution
12. @Quipling
13. @pcptornado
14. @CauseImbetta
15. @snakedafunky
16. @colby25
17. @luckyshot

Registered Voter List
@22k
@44nutman
@7437
@Aegon Spengler
@AGGAMEMNON66
@AgonyandIrony
@Al Gorithm
@alanb
@AnGrYcRoW
@Anung Un Rama
@Amerikuracana
@Arkain2K
@Armbars
@AviatorShades
@Bald1
@BAM

@BEER
@Big_Chief_Stove
@BKMMAFAN
@Bloodworth
@Bloody Pulp
@brothir
@Byron Carter
@Cake4Breakfast
@Captain Davis
@carlos cadona
@CauseImbetta
@Caveat

@CEROVFC
@Ceez
@chardog
@Cid
@cincymma79
@Cint
@Clippy
@colby25
@computer fogie
@Coolidge
@Cooz
@Contra-dictator
@cottagecheesefan
@Cubo de Sangre
@curryjunkie
@Cuzcatlan
@DannyNL
@Darkballs
@Deffid
@Denter
@Der Eisbar
@Devout Pessimist
@dfoster
@Diamond Jim
@dontsnitch
@Dr J
@dragonsfly

@DragRacer
@drstrangelov
@DynamicLoosener
@Edison Carasio
@EGarrett
@EL CORINTHIAN
@electricfuneral
@ens189
@Factory
@Falsedawn
@Fanu

@Farmer Br0wn
@Fawlty
@Fedorable
@FinalFight
@floivanus
@Fluffernutter
@fonzob1
@forum poster
@freaky

@faustian
@Fugazy
@Gandhi
@GearSolidMetal
@GhostZ06
@Giblert
@glennrod
@goldennirvana
@Goonerview
@Graverobber
@Grenz
@Greoric
@gspieler
@Gunny
@Gutter Chris
@Ham Socks
@HamPhan
@Hans Gercmiov
@Hans Gruber
@Happiness
@Hard To Tell
@Helden
@HeLLMuTT
@HereticBD
@Higus
@HIMBOB
@Hit-N-Run

@HockeyBjj
@Hogey
@HOLA
@HomerThompson
@Ice That Jaw
@IDL
@IGIT
@IIIIIIII
@ILLogic

@indrid
@IngaVovchanchyn
@InternetHero
@irish_thug
@Jack V Savage
@Jackie Blue
@JadeOwl
@JDragon
@jeffk
@jgarner
@Joe
@JohnnySagebrush
@JonesBones
@JonnyRingo84
@JosephDredd
@JSnake
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Junes
@K1levelgrappler
@Kafir-kun
@kahiljabroni
@KaNesDeath
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@KILL KILL
@King of Fists
@KnightTemplar
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@kpt018
@Last Samurai
@Lead
@Leagon

@lecter
@lfd0311
@lilelvis
@Limbo Pete
@Lionel Mandrake
@Liquid Smoke

@LogicalInsanity
@loyalyolayal
@Lucifer Alpha
@luckyshot
@M3t4tr0n
@m52nickerson
@Madmick
@MadSquabbles500
@Makani
@Mark Hunts FIST
@MarloStanfield
@Max Power
@MayhemMonkey
@mb23100
@mcveteran81

@MeatheadMike
@meauneau
@Metusalemi
@Michaelangelo
@MicroBrew
@MMAViewer
@mr.bigglesworth
@mrbaapt

@MusterX
@n...not crazy
@nac386
@ncordless
@nhbbear
@no fat chicks
@nostradumbass
@ObsoleteSoul
@ocfightfan
@Octavian
@oldshadow
@oleDirtyBast4rd
@Orgasmo
@Overpressure
@Overtures
@PainIsLIfe
@Palis
@panamaican
@Panmisiek

@pcptornado
@PEB
@Pelosi2016
@Peteyandjia
@PHATV
@Phisher
@PolishHeadlock
@Possum Jenkins
@PrinceOfPain
@Protectandserve
@Prutfis
@Pupi
@Quipling
@Rational Poster
@Rebound59
@RedAger
@Rematch
@RerouteToRemain
@RetiredSlave

@Rex Kwon Do
@RIPWarrior
@Roaming East

@Rod1
@ROSCONATION
@Rozko
@Ruprecht
@S Class
@s karlyle
@sabretruth
@SafeSpace
@SammyPops
@sangreporsangre
@Satanical Eve
@SBJJ
@Scerpi
@Scrody
@Seano
@second sight

@senri
@shadow_priest_x
@ShadowRun
@Scheme
@ShinkanPo
@ShoelessRye
@Shoemaker
@sickc0d3r
@SidJustice
@silicavaginitis
@Sir GymTanLaundry
@silus_2000
@skold
@Slick_36
@slivercord
@SMEAC
@snakedafunky
@sniper
@sodapopinski
@Son of Jamin
@SongXIII
@Space
@spamking
@spin_
@Starman
@StickAndMove
@Stoic1
@Strychnine
@sub_thug
@Supereem
@superpunch
@Swing
@Teen Wolf
@Tekk
@Teppodama
@TeTe

@The Diplomat
@The Higher Power
@The ScorpioN
@The Witcher
@theBLADE1
@TheComebackKid
@thefirstemporer
@TheGreatA
@TheTimeIsNotNow
@TheWorm
@Throttlehead
@Thurisaz
@trident
@Tropodan
@Trotsky
@TSO

@ultramanhyata
@uncommon
@Undying Poster
@unimackpass
@Unsurprised Diaz
@uppercutbus
@Videer
@voxom
@VivaRevolution
@Voodoo_Child906
@waiguoren

@WalkenWouldOwn
@Whippy McGee
@WhitebeltXL
@wonderbread
@Workers United
@WorldofWarcraft
@WTF2008
@XalexinchainsX

Round 1 Thread
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/2017-potwr-round-1-registration-campaign-announcements.3654637/

Last edited:
Damn, you created this just as I submitted.

{<jimmies}

@Lead

dude, you're using the mock up 'shop I sent you!

I hereby declare this debate I L L E G I T I M A T E until I am added! I am at the doors with my revolutionaries ready to burn this mother down!

Low energy. Sad!

I L L E G I T I M A C Y is a stench that you wear like a musk, you are not worthy of my rage.

I will sieze the body armor of the Room of War, I swear this upon you all!

Damn. I totally missed the thread where candidacies were announced.

Now is the time for absorption. You shall all taste your providence...

I should have wrote a bigger declaration speech to get a higher seed.

Last edited:
I L L E G I T I M A C Y is a stench that you wear like a musk, you are not worthy of my rage.

I will sieze the body armor of the Room of War, I swear this upon you all!

Have fun at the Gary Johnson debate.

It saddens me to see @JDragon eliminated in such a manner. I considered him to be a worthy and honourable adversary.

Edit: apparently there has been no elimination. But I am leaving this post standing to show my respect for my competitor.

Last edited:
Just to be clear. None of those not in the debate were eliminated. I think I confused people

Friends, Romans, Russian trolls, and country men, lend me your ears.

I have thought long and hard about my plans for the War Room. (Well, at least I thought a lot longer and harder that that twat waffle @Palis ever did...)

I think the most important issue for those of us seeking to erase the ignominious stain of this latest "administration" (term used extremely lightly) is to unite behind a strong candidate.

This candidate must be a WR regular. Not an out of towner who will abandon the WR once his friends lose interest in his schtick.

This candidate must be someone whose commitment to the position of POTWR has been evident from the beginning of this campaign, not a someone who threw his hat in at the last moment. (Sorry @JDragon and @irish_thug . I like you guys, but I can't support someone who announced his candidacy just hours before the debate.)

The most important thing, regular posters of the WR, is that WE MUST UNITE.

We must note divide our vote, thereby allowing an unworthy candidate to sneak in the back door.

Therefore after much deliberation, I have decided to suspend my campaign in order to back another candidate, a candidate with a long history of upstanding posting, and a candidate with a long WR tenure.

I hereby and forthwith announce my endorsement of @HomerThompson for POTWR 2017.

I encourage others to do the same.

photo.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back