2017 Goals Thread

I'm glad you put this out there. Self-consciousness is the first thing many people have to defeat!

My first meet I came in second-to-last, and I placed that high only because a guy who was obviously stronger than me bombed out. It was still one of the best experiences I've ever had. We have some really strong guys in our region so I don't expect to ever win. But (secretly, or maybe not so secretly) I hope to stand on the podium this year. Either way, as long as I'm getting PR's, it's awesome.

10th place out of ten lifters in a powerlifting competition still probably puts you in the top 5% of strong people anywhere else you go.
I just want to get one under my belt. I'm a complete beginner, only started 5 weeks ago, my real goal is the 40+ class in a couple years.
Being competitive at ~240 with a 150kg deadlift at 38 is not in the cards, haha. Seems like it's a good time though.

I just want to get one under my belt. I'm a complete beginner, only started 5 weeks ago, my real goal is the 40+ class in a couple years.
Being competitive at ~240 with a 150kg deadlift at 38 is not in the cards, haha. Seems like it's a good time though.
I did my first one at 43.

Good on you for continuing to stay active in your 40's.
Actually, and it may seem a little weird to some, I'm about a month out from being stronger than I've ever been in my life. I don't think there's any reason to leave your 20's (or 30's even) thinking you've left behind the best athletic years of your life.

*I've probably lost some cardio capacity but I always hated cardio so I don't really work on it. Who knows, maybe I could set cardio PR's too if I tried.

2017 Goals

1. Gain some more weight
2. Continue to be consistent in the gym
3. Register Lift for Kids Sake as an official charity
4. Break $10,000 in fundraising for LFKS
5. Join the Brockville Privateers Rugby team (the over 35 one, that is)

My goals are pretty modest for the first half of the year.

June 2017 Goals
Squat: 315x1
Bench: 205x1
Deadlift: 405x1
Weight: < 210 lb
Hockey: score at least one goal in the second half of the season (went on hiatus when my son was born with 2 assists in 2 games)

None of the weights are all-time PRs but I will be happy to get back to those numbers. If I can do that I hope to match my all-time PRs by the end of 2017 (which are all about 10% higher).

Bump!

I scored that goal I wanted and in fact ended the hockey season with 3 I think.

However that was the only goal I hit. I was doing okay at getting to the gym but switched jobs at the end of April and haven't settled into a regular routine at the new place yet.

Goals for Dec are to get my weight < 215 lb and let's say:

Squat: 305
Bench: 185
Deadlift: 385

I think I posted in this thread previously, but since I have been lifting for 6 weeks straight and most likely can be consistent at least 3 days per week I feel more motivated

rest of 2017 goals:

1) Current bodyweight is in the low 150s. Want to get up to mid to high 150s, but get leaner by the end of the year
2) Stay consistent and continue to put time under the bar squatting, benching, deadlifting
3) Stay injury free

I decided not to focus on number goals for now, but to just put in the time and build up my work capacity again. I don't ever see myself doing the volume I use to do in the past, but at least half of what I use to do would be nice. I stopped training seriously in 2008. I was semi-serious up to 2010-2011, but since then it's been an ongoing downhill to the point that I was lifting weights 1-2x per week and didn't even lift for several months straight up until 6-7 weeks ago. I haven't been this weak since my early years, but at the same time I'm 15-20 pounds lighter and more body fat then my competitive days as well.

Build my business back to the point that I can go return to training combat sports everyday.

It's pretty much my only goal.

Haven't built my business back to where it was in San Francisco, but I'm back on the mats 2 times per week and I'm in school full time.

The business will survive.

I did my first 200+ km on the bike. I got lost on the Eroica Hispania route, so did aropund 205 kminstead of the 193 planned. In the cold. And rain. And lots of mud. It was pretty fucking awesome and I did it without much problem, finishing ""strong"" and confortable.

Last 2-3 months have been great on the bike, now I'm back lifting and yeah... I'm weak again. Will solve that. Hopefully some PRs will come later this year!

OK I will play

I would like to remain 190-200ish bw and recomp my body a tad sitting at 17% ATM want to get that closer to ~12

strength wise
not much on the table really im currently pretty happy with my strength levels but always looking to eek out gains where I can
I suppose I would like to get my power clean up to 265-275

Going to try out for some independent baseball leagues as well as basketball

currently playing in an independent league but id like to move up the ranks so to speak

Ive actually considered doing a strongman comp for fun but there is really nothing around where I am and dont really want to travel too far for it

im going to send in an application to be on Stone Colds Broken skull mountain show

thats the tentative goals for the rest of 2017 and early 2018

Yea that show it comes on late night usually its basically an obsticle course with some
Wrestling thrown in tug of war etc.

I actually live right by a guy that made the show

Yea that show it comes on late night usually its basically an obsticle course with some
Wrestling thrown in tug of war etc.

I actually live right by a guy that made the show

Do other wrestlers come on as guest obstacles?

Back