2017 Goals Thread

Just train with some regularity. Then push 2 plates bench 3 plates squat 4 plates and pull 5plates.

Dominate left tackle position, give up defensive end because old.

Bench 117>125-130
Press 81>85-90
Squat 150>160-170
Dead 200>220

Also I want to increase my speed outta the hole. Also hitting arms every workout for my ego.

I'm thinking of trying that stem cell therapy for my knees. If they were good I'd be able to be an absolute monster on the field.

Edit: should really try to get some cardio again..........

Bench 280
Squat 405
Dead Lift 350
OHP 160

And not get injured.

I am currently coming from a period of several months without training and i am yet to even reach my numbers from May of this year, but my goals for next year are, without going under 70 Kg and over 75-78 Kg:
goal / current lift
Deadlift: 180Kg (4 plates) / 120 Kg x 5
Squat: 140 Kg (3 Plates) /100 Kg x 5
Bench: 100 Kg (2 Plates) / 70Kg x 5
OHP: 70 Kg / 45Kg x 8
Pull ups: 5 reps with BW+25 Kg and 20+ reps with body weight

I think all of those goals are possible to achieve. The hardest part will be getting an entire year of training without anything disturbing it for a prolonged period of time ...

I need to complete my 2016 goals first! I got the squat and bench, but am still 5kg off on the deadlift and 5kg off on the SOHP.

I'll see where I'm at come the end of this year and will then set my 2017 goals. To be honest it will be just something like to generally improve in each lift across various rep ranges.

Outside of traning, but I guess related, is something I've been kind of doing to some extent throughout this year but will continue to do next year and that is to simplify my life, get rid of alot of excess, whether that be material things I don't need or things that consume too much of my time but don't really bring me much in the way of joy. Might be a bit deep for a F13 goals thread, but there you go.

OK so with a couple of days left i don't think I'm going to be hitting the 220kg deadlift or 90kg overhead, so my 2017 1RM goals are:

Squat: 210kg (+10kg)
Deadlift: 225kg (+10kg)
Bench: 135kg (+5kg)
SOHP: 90kg (+5kg)
Push Press: 115kg (+7.5kg)

My goals:

Sumo DL: 205 kg (+15 kg)
Squat: 150 kg (+15 kg)
Bench: 90kg (+10 kg) and/or bodyweight.
OHP: 52.5 kg (+5 kg)
Power Clean: bodyweight (85-90 kg)
Chinup: 40 kg

Edit: I forgot. Doing a 200km ride. It isn't much of a challenge, I just need to one day head out on the bike and do it.

Last edited:
A perfect split, in all directions, and a 180 degrees kick hold.
Move up at least one belt in kung fu and taekwondo.
Finish up all the levels of my training routines (training a routine that goes by levels to improve flexibility and kicks).
Get a house by the beach and a new car.
Buy that beloved piano I've been wanting for months.
Increase my income by 100%.
Remain in perfect health and wake up each day full of energy.

My Goals

Squat 300 LB
Deadlift: 300 LB
Bench Press: 300 LB

Currently I am doing all 3 Maxing out on all at about 180-185 lbs on each

I am 6 ft 1 and my bodyweight is currently 170 lb and quite lean. I hope to add some muscle and get up to a solid, strong and lean 185 lb.

My local powerlifting comp is in June. I competed there in '11, '12, '13, and '14 and then had surgery in '15 and a car accident in '16 so I missed those years. I'll compete again this year. I've been ramping up training since November of '16 and so far so good. Barring injury or mishap, I'll compete in the 83kg class in Masters 1b. I walk around at about 185lbs so my weight should be no issue.

Goals:

182.5kg (402lbs) Squat
137.5kg (303lbs) Bench
227.5kg (502lbs) Deadlift
547.5kg (1207lbs) Total

Bonus goal -- state records:
Current total record is 562.5kg (1240lbs) so it would be nice to beat that.

Extra bonus goal:

So far squats are going well so 200kg isn't too crazy to shoot for. It would be fantastic to get there.

Last edited:
Dead: 455 x 5
Squat: 315 x 5
Bench: 290 x 5
Pullups: 15 consecutive

2016 was marred with injury so haven't lifted much

restarted starting strength from SCRATCH to build myself back up again.

i turn 39 next month and want my 40th to be fun with skimpy clothes.

Meet next weekend
Already paid
Current best training numbers:
Bench 390 paused
Squat w/o wraps 475
Deadlift 615

Must deadlift 605 and bench 370 to get my name on the amateurs raw whiteboard, squat is 550 with wraps can't touch that. Total must be over 1440

How shalt I set up my attempts?

Last edited:
Mine:
  • Start logging again, and don't stint on non-exercise content, since the exercise content will be so lame
  • Go to the gym consistently
  • Fix my back and get squatting and pulling weight from the ground again
  • Use the T3 programme for my bench for the whole year
  • Get more muscular and keep body fat the same or lower

- Run a 5K for charity(British Heart Foundation).

- Squat 350.

- Deadlift 450.

- Bench teh 275(kidding!:))

- Compete in a BJJ comp.

My Goals

Squat 300 LB
Deadlift: 300 LB
Bench Press: 300 LB

Currently I am doing all 3 Maxing out on all at about 180-185 lbs on each

I am 6 ft 1 and my bodyweight is currently 170 lb and quite lean. I hope to add some muscle and get up to a solid, strong and lean 185 lb.
You want all your lifts to be the same, my dude?

- Run a 5K for charity(British Heart Foundation).

- Squat 350.

- Deadlift 450.

- Bench teh 275(kidding!:))

- Compete in a BJJ comp.
hqdefault.jpg

I don't think I did too well last year at making gym goals, hurt my back at least twice, plus I think I wore out my right hip with too much volume/cardio, my weight loss stopped at about 2.5 or 3 kilos from where I wanted to be too.

My main goals in 2017 are to pass an exam and get a better job, but I have been making progress on upper body lifts due to being basically a crippled old man from the belly button down, so squatting pain free would be nice.

I'd also like to be able to ride a bike or run again pain free. I'll probably put more miles in, in the pool than on any road though, just easier on the joints.

I mainly go for volume PRs because they are safer, I still want the 20 rep bodyweight on the bar squat challenge completing badge, I hope to heal up a bit more and attempt it, I've worked on being more upright and going less deep because it's the Internet and someone will still say I didn't hit depth anyway.

Back