2017 Goals Thread

Abs
Bench 405
Not get fat

Nice & simple for me in 2017 - deadlift 500+ & run a sub 6 mile in the same week.

Actually now that I think of it I have two:

405 front squat
275 ohp

What are you back squatting? I figured 405 lbs front squat would be fairly attainable for you already.

What are you back squatting? I figured 405 lbs front squat would be fairly attainable for you already.
Haven't maxed since I started working with epic. That was August. I got 375 then. I'm probably close now. I can't get into a proper rack position so I wobble a bit. I've squatted 500 even low bar.

June goals:
315 lbs (3 plates, 143 kg) high bar beltless squat
225 (2 plates, 102 kg) Bench
495 (5 plates or 225kg)Deadlift
OHP bodyweight or more ( BW 170 or 77kg right now)
225(102 kg) Power clean
20+ chin ups or max 1rm with +80 lbs (35kg)
225 (102 kg) Pendlay row
Run 12k under 1 hour (under 8 min/mile avg) probably hardest
I should be able to hit most of these in a couple of months, but I'm setting conservative goals for now

Although this year has not been as overloaded as the previous few, scedule changes every 4-6 weeks and bad time management on my part have pushed training to the backseat. The first goal is therefore to rebuild my strength levels to those of late 2015 (170-125-230-82).

Secondary, I want to reliably do two BJJ sessions and two conditioning units a week. As BJJ classes don't whipe me out like before anymore and increased conditioning will help recovery anyway, strength training should be more productive.

Tertiary, talking with a few purple belts at my gym they suggested I should permanently move to -88kg. BW has been surprisingly constant this year, but I've got enough fat to spare to make this a reasonable move. Might even get shredded, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to complete my 2016 goals first! I got the squat and bench, but am still 5kg off on the deadlift and 5kg off on the SOHP.

I'll see where I'm at come the end of this year and will then set my 2017 goals. To be honest it will be just something like to generally improve in each lift across various rep ranges.

Outside of traning, but I guess related, is something I've been kind of doing to some extent throughout this year but will continue to do next year and that is to simplify my life, get rid of alot of excess, whether that be material things I don't need or things that consume too much of my time but don't really bring me much in the way of joy. Might be a bit deep for a F13 goals thread, but there you go.

My goals are something like

250kg squat
180kg bench
280kg dead
And any increase to my over head. So I will say 112.5kg overhead

Be the strongest I've ever been when I reach 50, in September

Follow an actual routine

Get out more

Dead 190+k
Squat 160k
OHP 90k
Bench 130+k

Going to struggle with the bench, might have to buy a wider one, I'm convincing myself the one I have is holding me back. This thing, its about 25cm wide:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31nEsXKbJGL.jpg

Might be wrong, could just be weak, what can you do

Actual goals:
  • Total 200kg snatch and clean and jerk
  • Sub-20 5k run
  • Bodyweight to sit closer to 70kg
  • Actually have a busy year of fights
Really shooting low to avoid disappointment this year.

To be the very best.

Like no one ever was.
bb2e20a576d581e82af02c803f1988c1.jpg

Be the strongest I've ever been when I reach 50, in September

Follow an actual routine

Get out more

Dead 190+k
Squat 160k
OHP 90k
Bench 130+k

Going to struggle with the bench, might have to buy a wider one, I'm convincing myself the one I have is holding me back. This thing, its about 25cm wide:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31nEsXKbJGL.jpg

Might be wrong, could just be weak, what can you do
i dont like narrow benches either bro

Finish at least three 50 mile trail races in the mountains and get sub 9 hours in at least 1 but hopefully 2.

Are you still in china?

A little bit I still have some lose ends to tie up there but I've been living outside of Juneau for a few months now just enjoying being out of the massive city.

Still working on my 2016 goals. Here is a review...

Goals / Actual
Squat : 500 / 440 (+15lb increase)
Pull : 525 / 495 (+30lb increase)
Front Squat : 375 / 350 (+15lb increase)
Clean : 295 / Didn't train significantly
Bench : 335 / 325 (+30lb increase)
SOHP : 225 / 210 (+10lb increase
20 pull-ups @ 200+lbs BW / not sure, but I can do 12 ring pull-ups @ 210lb up from 8 at 205lb

I will attempt to hit the bench goal in a couple weeks, I think I'm good for it. I think I'm good for a bit more on all the lifts but not quite the goal numbers, I haven't tested in a few months.

With that in mind, here are my 2017 goals.

Squat: 500
Maybe actually get it this time.
Pull: 585
Ambitious, but I will be concentrating on it for strongman.
Front Squat: 375 paused
Axle clean: 250
SOHP: 235
Push Press: 300
Bench: 365
Circus Dumbbell: 175
Pull-up: BW+100

Some broader goals, but ones I care about more than the exact numbers...

Qualify for USPA or USAPL nationals (1340ish total at 198lb bw)

Qualify for NAS strongman nationals @ 200lb (win a small show or get top 2 in a larger show)

I need to complete my 2016 goals first! I got the squat and bench, but am still 5kg off on the deadlift and 5kg off on the SOHP.

I'll see where I'm at come the end of this year and will then set my 2017 goals. To be honest it will be just something like to generally improve in each lift across various rep ranges.

Outside of traning, but I guess related, is something I've been kind of doing to some extent throughout this year but will continue to do next year and that is to simplify my life, get rid of alot of excess, whether that be material things I don't need or things that consume too much of my time but don't really bring me much in the way of joy. Might be a bit deep for a F13 goals thread, but there you go.

Me and the wife have been doing lots of this, getting rid of stuff we don't use or downsizing. We got rid of our tv because we can just watch stuff on the computer monitor, lots of old clothes, shoes, etc. lots of old outdoor gear that we just don't use anymore. It's been good but still a long way to go.

get bf% to around a comfortable 12. currently a lifetime high of around 18-19%. this is my top goal as I've definitely let myself go over the last few years.

in my current situation there are no martial arts gyms around me so instead the plan is to start lifting consistently. I haven't lifted for years outside of some kettlebell stuff so my goals are pretty modest and just want to establish some baseline strength.

squat 1.5x bw, bench bw, deadlift 2x bw. at a comfortable level of health and fitness I usually hover around 160 lbs.

I'd also like to do a dozen strict pullups straight.

Back