2017 Goals Thread

DrBdan

Something clever
@Silver
Reaction score
h70b2c25d.jpg

You know the drill. It's almost a new year so it's time for some new goals.

Last year's thread for reference:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/2016-goals-thread.3133259/

To actually hit a goal.

My goals are pretty modest for the first half of the year.

June 2017 Goals
Squat: 315x1
Bench: 205x1
Deadlift: 405x1
Weight: < 210 lb
Hockey: score at least one goal in the second half of the season (went on hiatus when my son was born with 2 assists in 2 games)

None of the weights are all-time PRs but I will be happy to get back to those numbers. If I can do that I hope to match my all-time PRs by the end of 2017 (which are all about 10% higher).

I want to be thick and juicy.
Id like a 405 squat, though...

I only have three major goals right now - full front lever, 255lb front squat, and cut down to ~150. I think all are achievable in 2017, some earlier than others.

225 Bench is also in sight, but I'd like to dedicate more of my upper body pressing workouts to handstand and planche training. I think I'll get there later in the year though.

To actually hit a goal.

Jesus this. I came really close to my Snatch and CJ goals but didn't even try on my squat.

I'm a lot better at breathing heavy though. So, that's something.

585 DL
500 squat
335 bench

Give or take a few lbs. 1400lb total would be nice.

This'll be the first full year I focus on strength training so I'm excited.

Qualify for US masters swimming Nationals and Masters Worlds
50 fly (0:28.18 US,SCY) (0:34.16, World LCM)
100 fly (1:03.68 US, SCY) (1:18.21 World LCM)
100 IM (1:05.61 US SCY only)
200 IM (2:56.00 World LCM)
50 breast (0:33.04) (0:40.59)
100 breast (1:11.83) (1:31.08)

(I think I've already qualified for both in the 50 fly and maybe the 100 breast from the Transplant Games last June, but not sure if that meet fell into "2016" or "2017", since it was not aligned with the typical swimming calendar)

edited: had 2016 SCY qual standards. 2017 now shown.

Start putting in at least 4-6 hours per week under the bar.

We plan to move closer to work (goal is by April). If so this will significantly reduce our commute time and save at least 1 hr 15 min to 1 hr 30 min per day. Everything will be much more convenient. Work, daycare, gym are all right next to each other and drive time will range between 8-20 minute commute depending on exact location of where we plan to live.

Once I can consistently achieve the above for at least 3 months, then I will see where my numbers are at and go from there. If I stay at about 150 pounds maybe even compete in a raw powerlifting comp at 148. I've only competed at 165 and as a light 181er a few times. There's also a really good powerlifting/strength gym near my location and work so maybe even hooking up with them if I get the iron bug once again.

I'm all talk though. With a toddler now and likely another one within 2 years we will see how much free time I will realistically have....

Hit all mine last year. Nothing concrete in sight. Maybe push that deadlift closer to 700, but I think I'd like to just cut fat.

OHP 170
Squats 380
Bench 240
Deads 435

Get 2-4 fights in

Honestly, I plan on picking up Muay Thai and boxing this year. So maybe just maintain my strength? I dunno.

Jesus this. I came really close to my Snatch and CJ goals but didn't even try on my squat.

I'm a lot better at breathing heavy though. So, that's something.

Nothing quite more attractive to women than a mouthbreather. True story.

I withdrew from making goals since I'm a failure.

Honestly, I plan on picking up Muay Thai and boxing this year. So maybe just maintain my strength? I dunno.

Nothing quite more attractive to women than a mouthbreather. True story.
Find a good gym where your coach(s) will be fine with you being in a realistic weight class and not trying to kill you to get to 135 @ 6'3. Old school mentality is still strong with striking gyms

Actually now that I think of it I have two:

405 front squat
275 ohp

Build my business back to the point that I can go return to training combat sports everyday.

It's pretty much my only goal.

Back