NCAA Wrestling

Insane scramble from Yarygin: Kyle Dake v. Alan Zaseev:

There is a brewery that I can't recall at the moment east of State College (I want to say State College Brewing or Nittany Brewing...I'll look it up). Food was better than the beer though when I went for my bachelor party 3+ years ago. There is also Ottos out on Atherton St. which if you were going to Kellys for a meal, you'd drive right past but that is a good 5 miles from campus/downtown. They're a brewpub with decent beer and better food. Now I say 5 miles like it's a lot because in State College, you don't drive unless you have to. You'll walk everywhere because A) parking is a pain and B) traffic will be shit. If you want to stay in the downtown area and drink decent beer, Local Whiskey or Zenos will be your best options. Where are you staying?

I'm driving up in the morning and driving back after the match. Well my friend is, so i'm going to have a couple cocktails.

Any of you PSU folks have any info on Nolf's injury?

Nah, they're super tight lipped on everything. I think the only way to really get an idea is if Berge or Verk's shirt gets pulled for OHST. If I see that, then I know his season is done.

Nah, they're super tight lipped on everything. I think the only way to really get an idea is if Berge or Verk's shirt gets pulled for OHST. If I see that, then I know his season is done.

You can see something in his knee pop in one of the videos so whatever it is I hope it isnt something career threatening.

Where is Manville? Is he still supposed to wrestle for you guys? Is he in the room or still doing Greco at the OTC

You can see something in his knee pop in one of the videos so whatever it is I hope it isnt something career threatening.

Where is Manville? Is he still supposed to wrestle for you guys? Is he in the room or still doing Greco at the OTC

No, he's in State College. He's done a few opens with mixed results.

He's listed as 165. Is there enough time to certify him for 157?

Some good news for PSU is Cael came out and said the Nolf injury isn't as bad as it first appeared and they expect him to compete in the postseason but he's done for duel meets. No redshirts are being pulled.

Bad news for Iowa is Downey is officially denied his waiver from the NCAA.

No love lost for Downey but the NCAA is the biggest piece of shit organization in the US.

Bad news for Iowa is Downey is officially denied his waiver from the NCAA.

No love lost for Downey but the NCAA is the biggest piece of shit organization in the US.

If it were anyone else, I might care. But that pile of fecal matter deserves what he gets. Is that bad of me?

PD3 is a tool but the nationals would have been more fun with him in it and his Dad posting insanity on the mat forums.

PD3 is a tool but the nationals would have been more fun with him in it and his Dad posting insanity on the mat forums.
Put the camera on dad during ncaas like espn does Barry Davis every year, that would be entertaining. Would have to have a 10 second delay though.

I think he got banned from themat, which for me was unfortunate because he was super entertaining. The guy had that same act on the Maryland wrestling forums back when I was in HS. He's notorious for that stuff. Sorry to say that I'm sure him acting like that is a huge percentage of the reason PD3 was such a misfit. It's a shame really.

I actually wrestled Downey at a tournament in PA when I was about 12. He was two years younger (this was before they had age/weight tournaments) and you could tell then he was a freak. He thrashed me by like 10 points, not that I was anything special at all but you could just feel it when you wrestled him. Sad story.

I actually wrestled Downey at a tournament in PA when I was about 12. He was two years younger (this was before they had age/weight tournaments) and you could tell then he was a freak. He thrashed me by like 10 points, not that I was anything special at all but you could just feel it when you wrestled him. Sad story.

That was Jared Platt for me. He was a Prep National Champ and Penn State recruit (top 50 recruit in the country IIRC). It was a post-season MAWA qualifier. I was going into my sophomore year and he was going into his freshman year. In all the years I wrestled, I got teched twice and he was one of them. Takedown then trap-arm tilt over and over. I wrestled PA state placers, PA state champs, and an eventual 2x D2 National Champ. That was the most embarrassing loss I can recall. I felt like a little kid wrestling his father.

Sadly, he lost a battle with cancer last year.

damn didnt know warner wrestled in the yarygin, thats impressive...washington in the house haha

Reading Julian Chelbove is in some pretty serious trouble. Kicked off the wrestling team and had his ASU scholarship revoked. Not looking too good for a pretty talented kid.

We wrestled Aaron Brooks' school today and he was in a boot, hoping it's nothing too serious.

Thought ASU was going to be a powerhouse with that recruiting class from a couple years ago. Things haven't quite materialized for them.

Back