NCAA Wrestling

RBY beats pletcher to open the dual but loses a team point for unsportsmanlike conduct

Lee beats mckenna in the 2nd match. So much for OSU winning the dual

Last edited:
I think he'll want to get down and have a full year under his belt before the 2020 Olys.

John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Cael Sanderson, basically every Russian out there...most great wrestlers are pretty bread and butter. They don't award style points.
After he won the Schultz Jordan Oliver said "the higher-level you get in wrestling the more basic it gets."

Respect to Sebastian rivera for bumping up today and wrestling Micic

Micic won 10-4

I mean Keith is an arrogant asshole and has been for at least the 15 years I've known him. I've never questioned his skills but I do question his personality as a leader of a program.

I mean Keith is an arrogant asshole and has been for at least the 15 years I've known him. I've never questioned his skills but I do question his personality as a leader of a program.
Keen is really arrogant too. It’s an interesting combo there for sure

@Te Huna Matata

I saw that thread on themat about guys who did better st NCAAs than in HS. I haven't been able to login for some time but Pat Cummins never qualified for States and took 2nd at NCAAs

@Te Huna Matata

I saw that thread on themat about guys who did better st NCAAs than in HS. I haven't been able to login for some time but Pat Cummins never qualified for States and took 2nd at NCAAs
Wow. Never even qualified for States? Not quite the same criteria but Jamil Kelly never won State championship. Never made all American in DI (he may have been JUCO AA), then wins several national titles and an Olympic silver.

I believe Dave "Pee Wee" Herman didn't wrestle much in HS but almost made AA in DI.

Back