NCAA Wrestling

For you guys that are on top of the NCAA season, can you give me good updates on how the following guys are doing?
-Mehki Lewis.
-Anthony Valencia
-Vitali Arujau
-Alex Marinelli
-Kennedy Monday

For you guys that are on top of the NCAA season, can you give me good updates on how the following guys are doing?
-Mehki Lewis.
-Anthony Valencia
-Vitali Arujau
-Alex Marinelli
-Kennedy Monday
1.Inconsistent and in top 2 toughest weight
2. Redshirt
3. Just started wrestling 125(I think)
4. Being the bull, most consistent of hawks , type that gives you relief mentally as a coach
5. Still good. Still inconsistent

1.Inconsistent and in top 2 toughest weight
2. Redshirt
3. Just started wrestling 125(I think)
4. Being the bull, most consistent of hawks , type that gives you relief mentally as a coach
5. Still good. Still inconsistent
I'm pretty sure Anthony Valencia redshirted 2015-2016 and should be a junior this season. Did something happen to change this? And I am curious to see what winning a junior world title does for Mehki Lewis' confidence. I'm hoping for Arujau to do well. He was a HS legend here on Long Island.

I'm pretty sure Anthony Valencia redshirted 2015-2016 and should be a junior this season. Did something happen to change this? And I am curious to see what winning a junior world title does for Mehki Lewis' confidence. I'm hoping for Arujau to do well. He was a HS legend here on Long Island.
Olympic redshirt in 2016 this is his regular

Can a wrestling bro help?

I don't know this terminology, I know basic wrestling nomenclature in English, but what is a "mat return"?

I presume it is a technique to get your opponent back in partere to continue riding time?

Can a wrestling bro help?

I don't know this terminology, I know basic wrestling nomenclature in English, but what is a "mat return"?

I presume it is a technique to get your opponent back in partere to continue riding time?
Bottom person gets to feet. Top man is beind and “returns” him to the mat

Joe Smith gave Mark Hall a hell of a match.

Finesilver also have Gfeller all he could handle.

And Marstellar gave Joseph a great match.

Really looking forward to March

Haven’t been able to watch much of anything this season. How’s Stevenson looking? Any chance he steals a hodge from one of the Penn State boys?

Haven’t been able to watch much of anything this season. How’s Stevenson looking? Any chance he steals a hodge from one of the Penn State boys?
I believe he's undefeated and been dominant pinning quite a few of his opponents so far. And I also believe he's ranked number2. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

With Lee losing and the way Nolf and Nickal are tech'ing and pinning everyone they have to be clear front runners above everyone else. They still haven't wrestled what might be their stiffest competition in Deakin and Moore yet though. HWT is a pretty weak weight class this year.

He's killing it but the criteria is in Nolf and Nickal's favor. They pin a lot more and they are both 2 time returning champs.

I don't think a Freshman has ever won

CC7EE8DE-548C-4873-B2D1-878681D0BCCE.png

Carls face

*only loyal themat readers will get the Cael joke

I think I let the Ringer Zane controversy bias me

Yeah I can see that.

I always thought the spirit of the award was for the best p4p college wrestler and at the time I thought AD was slightly better than Zain but Zain was clearly more dominant. I also thought the Jordan's were stiffer competition than Sorenson or Collica but looking back and taking into account how Zain did at OTTs a couple of months later he probably should have won it over AD

He's killing it but the criteria is in Nolf and Nickal's favor. They pin a lot more and they are both 2 time returning champs.

I don't think a Freshman has ever won

Thanks for the update. I’m excited to see if Steveson can go undefeated as a true freshman. Would be historic. Based on his performances this season, how do you see a potential gwiz match playing out?

Last edited:
Back