***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v6 - All-Star Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So easily that it didn't happen but the media is losing its mind since "it's a yoff team in the West!!!" Like nuggets would be some force in the east lol
al horford is an AS this year

what actually happens is irrelevant to who should be one

lol dumbass.

I said best player on the best team for the past 4 seasons... and you somehow attempted to quantify that with Finals MVPs

When Tony Parker won FMVP in 2007 was Tim Duncan not the best player on the Spurs?

Joe Dumars was better than Isiah Thomas too right?
You realise past 4 seasons include last season and this season, right?

Has Fundamental never won FMVP?
Has ITI never won FMVP?

LMAO

I'll maintain forever that Steph should have easily won the MVP that first year (2014/15)... the fact that iggy won on some Lebron centric (omg he stopped Lebron... did he really tho?)

Steph 26pts / 5.2rebs / 6.3asts / 1.8stls on good percentages

vs

Iggy shooting WIDE OPEN 3s (thanks Curry) and 35% from the free throw line (on 28 fucking attempts) for 16pts / 5.8rebs / 4asts

Anyone arguing against this is a hater or fully bought in to the Lebron centric narrative. Iggy played better than expected, Steph played better (as expected)

In 2015/16 the Cavs won on a gift suspension from the League. Curry was playing injured, had a serviceable series but had the Warriors won, I'd give Draymond that MVP.

In 2016/17 Steph had a phenomenal series 27pts 8rebs 9.5asts 2.2stls... Durant just went and had a historic one with 35 / 8 / 5 / 1 / 1 on insane percentages. The best duo finals performance since Shaq/Kobe.
Gaymond got himself suspended for 1 game (for accumulation of emotional lesbian moments, not the foul in that game). They were up 3-1 at the time. Gaymond played games 6&7 and they still lost. You call that a gift but want to praise Staph for playing meh in a series they lost two games in to a Cavs team without Kyrie or Love?

The Warios are lucky they have a ring without Durant. Lebron was the driving force in that first Finals. He won 2 games without any real help. Slowing him down was the only reason the Warios won. Iggy also shot better than Staph from 3 in that series and significantly better from the floor. He also outscored the other 'Big 3' members while getting the ONLY defensive assignment on the team that mattered.

Lebron has himself the better team on paper. A lot of egos that may lead to Curry's team winning.

Wonder if Kyrie is going to threaten to sit out until he's traded like he did with Cleveland.

Curry’s team will win. Went for team chemistry (his own minus Durant, Wolves, Raptors), Giannis actually tries in exhibition games, and Horford is unselfish and will stay out of the way while everyone else gets theirs

No doubt in my mind

Lebron straight trolling. KD-Westbrook and Him-Kylie on the same team lol

Curry’s team will win. Went for team chemistry (his own minus Durant, Wolves, Raptors), Giannis actually tries in exhibition games, and Horford is unselfish and will stay out of the way while everyone else gets theirs

No doubt in my mind

Horford is token 5 min played guy for this all-star game.

They missed a golden opportunity not broadcasting this. Might be more interesting than the actual game lol

Embiid will probably sit the game out.

Lol at predicting who wins the AS game. They don't even play defense in the 4th quarter anymore. Whoever shoots well wins.

They should pick teams... televised, on the court, before the Saturday night events.

Once picked, the player has to walk from the group and stand by the captain that picked them.

When they get to the last two players... they should cut to commercial, come back and have a long drum roll and spotlight until we finally find out who the last player picked is.

DUbO1WAU0AAGRim.jpg

I wasn't ONLY talking about Lillard being an All Star selection this year... (which he has a valid case for)

I was talking about how trashing Lillard as a player in general flies in the face of his results. He's made yoffs every year he's been in the league and when Aldridge left and the team seemed to be lottery bound, they still made yoffs.

Swap Lowry and Lillard and maybe the Raps aren't quite as good (maybe) ... but the Blazers would be drafting in the top 8 of the lottery this year. Especially with Lowry's propensity to pout and get hurt when things aren't going his way.
Lowry doesn't pout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back