2016 Rumble Johnson vs 2003 Wanderlei Silva - Who wins?

LMAO Wanderlei would get destroyed

rumble will crumble of fear, wanderlei by tko he was a beast on pride, rampage was a better version of rumble

Last edited:
2016 Rumble simply for the fact that he would be 20-25lbs bigger than Wandy. Wandy was fighting open weight tournaments back then and weighing around 195lbs and Rumble was having trouble making 205 at that point. *Edit: if Pride ring and rules I'll take Wandy but that wasn't asked so my response is based on UFC cage/rules
rumble weighs around 230- wandy was 230 lbs vs cro cop

Prime wandy Had a sick.chin and threw insane shots from clinch. I would probably favor rumble but I always feel that sherdog sleeps on prime wandy because the ufc wanderlei was so washed out even back.in 2007 when he fought Chuck. His prime years were before the crocop beheading and before the hendo execution.

I am voting with my heart, Wanderlei by TKO.

Did you seriously just said that Rumble had a bad TDD??
What the fuck
I did which my be slightly exaggerated, but the only time I recall him having a really good defensive wrestling performance was against Phil Davis. That was a really impressive fight for him even though it went to decision. All his other wins against wrestlers were in the first round when they were standing with him and he caught them with his big power. He's always been huge for whatever weight class he has been in. Hell I remember when he fought at WW and missed weight so he went up to 185 like 6 months later to fight Vitor Belfort and missed weight by 10lbs at 196. He got out wrestled by Koschek, and DC put a clinic on him twice. Silva even Pride Silva is not in the class of those wrestlers, but if Rumble went to the ground once in that fight he would be eating soccer kicks. He also gasses in 3 minutes so there's that too.

rumble weighs around 230- wandy was 230 lbs vs cro cop
I tried to find it by watching their fights but it doesn't show their weights, and Wikipedia didn't list it but I find it hard to believe that Wandy was the same size as Mirko in those fights. 1. Because I have seen the fights, and, 2. Mirko fought a HW his whole career and Wanderlei dropped to 185.

I did which my be slightly exaggerated, but the only time I recall him having a really good defensive wrestling performance was against Phil Davis. That was a really impressive fight for him even though it went to decision. All his other wins against wrestlers were in the first round when they were standing with him and he caught them with his big power. He's always been huge for whatever weight class he has been in. Hell I remember when he fought at WW and missed weight so he went up to 185 like 6 months later to fight Vitor Belfort and missed weight by 10lbs at 196. He got out wrestled by Koschek, and DC put a clinic on him twice. Silva even Pride Silva is not in the class of those wrestlers, but if Rumble went to the ground once in that fight he would be eating soccer kicks. He also gasses in 3 minutes so there's that too.
He clowned Davis who is a glue type wrestler,easily defended Bader as well.
Defended well in first DC fight until he got tired.And that's DC you can't hold that against someone,not many can avoid being wrestlefucked by him.
No way that Wand takes him down or gets the better of him in wrestling.

Wanderlei.

Back in PRIDE, Rumble would have been considered a Top 15 Can.

2016 Rumble is a far better boxer than any Wanderlei. It depends on how long Wand's chin can take those punches. I think it would look a lot like Silva vs Leben, obviously not that bad, but similar.

Prime Roided up Wanderlei might be able to weather the early Rumble storm and TKO him early. However, my money would be on an early Rumble KO. Just a different breed of dude
Exactly, Rumble's power combined with his speed is unmatched at LHW. It all depends on how much punishment Wand can take, and if that tires Rumble out enough for Wand to start his onslaught. I don't see that though. Rumble at his best hit straight, fast and hard, a terrible combo for any opponent.

He clowned Davis who is a glue type wrestler,easily defended Bader as well.
Defended well in first DC fight until he got tired.And that's DC you can't hold that against someone,not many can avoid being wrestlefucked by him.
No way that Wand takes him down or gets the better of him in wrestling.

Prime Wandy hit takedowns on prime Cro Cop who had good TDD, and hit takedowns against an Olympic wrestler named Dan Henderson. His wrestling was surprisingly good. Watch either of the fights I mention and you will hear Bas Rutten say the same thing. Also, you don't have to get a blast double-leg. A wild exchange can send one man to the canvas from a blow, or a slip, it happened all the time in Pride. A lot of the older Brazilians were good wrestlers and also had other ways to get guys to the ground - jump guard, legs trips, rolling leg locks. Look at some of the old Pride guys - Wanderlei Silva, Ricardo Arona, Hickson Gracie, Henzo, Allen Goes.

Exactly, Rumble's power combined with his speed is unmatched at LHW. It all depends on how much punishment Wand can take, and if that tires Rumble out enough for Wand to start his onslaught. I don't see that though. Rumble at his best hit straight, fast and hard, a terrible combo for any opponent.
yes he is all of that but but rumble is a bully with 0 heart, he crumble in fear when someone survive and start to get on him , I think he is a bit overrated

Prime Wandy hit takedowns on prime Cro Cop who had good TDD, and hit takedowns against an Olympic wrestler named Dan Henderson. His wrestling was surprisingly good. Watch either of the fights I mention and you will hear Bas Rutten say the same thing. Also, you don't have to get a blast double-leg. A wild exchange can send one man to the canvas from a blow, or a slip, it happened all the time in Pride. A lot of the older Brazilians were good wrestlers and also had other ways to get guys to the ground - jump guard, legs trips, rolling leg locks. Look at some of the old Pride guys - Wanderlei Silva, Ricardo Arona, Hickson Gracie, Henzo, Allen Goes.
First fight with Cro Cop was in still very early MMA start for Cro Cop,later in 2006 when he actually developed his TDD Wand didn't get any takedown and he tried once.And Dan's MMA wrestling always sucked anyway.Dude got outwrestled by Shields ffs,only time i know his wrestling did good was against Evans.
I would literally bet on anything in this world that Wand would not get 1 takedown on Rumble.That's a battle he's just not winning,only way he wins is if he can put up lot of combos on Rumble if he survives long enough to tire him out.

First fight with Cro Cop was in still very early MMA start for Cro Cop,later in 2006 when he actually developed his TDD Wand didn't get any takedown and he tried once.And Dan's MMA wrestling always sucked anyway.Dude got outwrestled by Shields ffs,only time i know his wrestling did good was against Evans.
I would literally bet on anything in this world that Wand would not get 1 takedown on Rumble.That's a battle he's just not winning,only way he wins is if he can put up lot of combos on Rumble if he survives long enough to tire him out.
He gasses versus Shields who is a phenomenal grapple. Listen to the praise giving to shields by anyone that has rolled with him. You seem like a decent guy so I hope you never bet all you got on anything or you might end up like losing it all like the guys that got into Bitcoin late, or people in housing bubbles. They fight them for a reason. The TS asked an opinion and I gave one. Nothing is ever known until it happens.

In a 3 rounder in the cage I would say if it ends in the first 7:50 minutes Rumble takes it. If it goes past that I think Wanderlei takes it.

Wanderlei went toe to toe with better strikers and held his own.

Rumble folds eventually, as he does in every big fight. I think it would look similar to Rumble/Vitor.

He gasses versus Shields who is a phenomenal grapple. Listen to the praise giving to shields by anyone that has rolled with him. You seem like a decent guy so I hope you never bet all you got on anything or you might end up like losing it all like the guys that got into Bitcoin late, or people in housing bubbles. They fight them for a reason. The TS asked an opinion and I gave one. Nothing is ever known until it happens.
All good
Pointless to discuss it since it won't ever happen anyway.

Completely different dynamic. To my knowledge(and I'm not positive) Rumble has never fought in a boxing style ring. There is no wall-walking, you can escape strikes by putting yourself through the ropes, Rumble's TDD is so bad I wouldn't be surprised is Silva could take him down, and also you can knee and soccer kick someone in the head when the are in the ground. You're obviously not an old school Pride fan, not trying to sound patronizing, but you seem to be, and there are serious differences.

Lool Wanderlei would not be able to take Rumble down. And no, Rumble's take down defence isn't bad. He has a wrestling background and only good wrestlers have been able to take him down. Therefore, the ring wouldn't make a difference as he'd just get KO'd early anyways. Unless the ring has some effect on Wanderlei's chin. Nice try smartass.

Back