2016 Rumble Johnson vs 2003 Wanderlei Silva - Who wins?

Hennystarks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Johnson.gif

vs

wanderlei-silva-gif-2.gif

Wandy has recovered from bombs from Mark HUnt and went toe-to-toe with Cro Cop. But also was dropped by lesser punchers like Tito and Saku.

Wanderlei
I think Rumble would fold

Not that Rumble doesn't have a chance though

Rumble would kill him
Wand just swings wide hooks
No match for this terminator

Wanderlei
I think Rumble would fold

Not that Rumble doesn't have a chance though
I can see that fight going even like Wand vs Rampage 2 .
If Wand weathers the early storm he can defenitely finish Rumble . Wand has 10x the heart that Rumble has.

Wand rushes in with his chin up. I think Rumble destroys him by being the better boxer, being bigger, and being more powerful.

Maybe if Wand has a gun it would be a fair fight.

2016 Rumble simply for the fact that he would be 20-25lbs bigger than Wandy. Wandy was fighting open weight tournaments back then and weighing around 195lbs and Rumble was having trouble making 205 at that point. *Edit: if Pride ring and rules I'll take Wandy but that wasn't asked so my response is based on UFC cage/rules

Rumble takes him out with a lead head kick, I feel like that was Wands weakness

I actually loved prime Wanderlei. Did not take any bribes in Pride and just fought for himself no matter the danger.

But the human body has limits. No matter what he could recover from with his heart, Rumble just finds that off-button on anybody he lands on.

I’m leaning towards Rumble but it’s not a mismatch like some may call it. People seem to only remember fighters from their last few years of competition. Wanderlei was an absolute beast.

2016 Rumble simply for the fact that he would be 20-25lbs bigger than Wandy. Wandy was fighting open weight tournaments back then and weighing around 195lbs and Rumble was having trouble making 205 at that point. *Edit: if Pride ring and rules I'll take Wandy but that wasn't asked so my response is based on UFC cage/rules

Why would anything change depending on whether it's UFC or Pride? If Rumble is going to KO Wanderlei early in the UFC, the same thing would happen in Pride lol.

Why are people pretending like Wanderlei was some elusive counter striker or some D1 wrestler like Cormier? Wanderlei (prime or not, UFC rules or Pride rules,) would run into Rumble's shots and get KO'd early. I know he had a chin and all but the human frame has its limits.

*Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Why would anything change depending on whether it's UFC or Pride? If Rumble is going to KO Wanderlei early in the UFC, the same thing would happen in Pride lol.
Completely different dynamic. To my knowledge(and I'm not positive) Rumble has never fought in a boxing style ring. There is no wall-walking, you can escape strikes by putting yourself through the ropes, Rumble's TDD is so bad I wouldn't be surprised is Silva could take him down, and also you can knee and soccer kick someone in the head when the are in the ground. You're obviously not an old school Pride fan, not trying to sound patronizing, but you seem to be, and there are serious differences.

Why are people pretending like Wanderlei was some elusive counter striker or some D1 wrestler like Cormier? Wanderlei (prime or not, UFC rules or Pride rules,) would run into Rumble's shots and get KO'd early. I know he had a chin and all but the human frame has its limits.

*Nostalgia is a helluva drug.
Ignorance is an even stronger drug

Prime Roided up Wanderlei might be able to weather the early Rumble storm and TKO him early. However, my money would be on an early Rumble KO. Just a different breed of dude

Completely different dynamic. To my knowledge(and I'm not positive) Rumble has never fought in a boxing style ring. There is no wall-walking, you can escape strikes by putting yourself through the ropes, Rumble's TDD is so bad I wouldn't be surprised is Silva could take him down, and also you can knee and soccer kick someone in the head when the are in the ground. You're obviously not an old school Pride fan, not trying to sound patronizing, but you seem to be, and there are serious differences.
Did you seriously just said that Rumble had a bad TDD??
What the fuck

Back