2016 Rio Olympics Discussion Thread V2: PED edition - U.S. Dominance

Ignore this troll.

I just watched the finish myself and to me it looks like she's dipping for the line and overbalanced, falling in the process anyway.

What exactly are you unhappy with about me posting the finish line rules? By the defined rules, the Bahamian runner won.

What exactly are you unhappy with about me posting the finish line rules? By the defined rules, the Bahamian runner won.

TROLL!

Fucking lol. Of all people to be accused of trolling i got a kick out of that

TROLL!

Fucking lol. Of all people to be accused of trolling i got a kick out of that

Trollin' ain't easy, 'yo. A brotha' can't even quote the rules without being bumrushed by some trans-atlantic wannabe gangstas.

China had 31 gold medals at this point last Olympics, they have 15 right now. They're really coming back down to earth after going all out for 2008 (51 golds, 100 total) and the spillover success in 2012 (38 gold, 88 total).

China had 31 gold medals at this point last Olympics, they have 15 right now. They're really coming back down to earth after going all out for 2008 (51 golds, 100 total) and the spillover success in 2012 (38 gold, 88 total).
stricter doping test. UK is doing fantastic this Olympics compared to the size we are

stricter doping test. UK is doing fantastic this Olympics compared to the size we are
We're seeing the natural spillover for the UK as well coming off of hosting, we'll see if they really drop off by the next Olympics (and how much they fall of this year from 2012). You guys are China-esque in racking up medals in weird/random stuff though. 9 of your 16 golds are in track cycling/rowing/canoe/equestrian. I'm a hardcore Olympics junkie and I still can't name a single athlete in any of those sports, from the US or elsewhere.

It is crazy this triple jumper learned to land on the opposite foot after a serious ankle injury and still the best.

We're seeing the natural spillover for the UK as well coming off of hosting, we'll see if they really drop off by the next Olympics (and how much they fall of this year from 2012). You guys are China-esque in racking up medals in weird/random stuff though. 9 of your 16 golds are in track cycling/rowing/canoe/equestrian. I'm a hardcore Olympics junkie and I still can't name a single athlete in any of those sports, from the US or elsewhere.
There are no weird random sports in the Olympics. everyone has bicycle. On paper the UK is one fifth of the size of America population wise, so we should dune fifth as well. But when you add to the land being so small and rainy. Its really not ideal sport country. While America is massive and beautiful weather in many places

Michelle jenneke canned it up and finished 6th in her preliminary heat. #sadness

watching the video, it looks like Williams was going to win regardless.

Wow! Congratulations to Phelps and Bolt on the gold medals. Two incredible athletes they are among the greatest athletes in history!

Think Gatlin's only hope in the 200 is to 'The Last Boy Scout' Bolt.

Haha!!

I was NOT calling you a troll. I was merely advising you to ignore the troll you were replying to whilst I was agreeing with your earlier point that the win was good.....

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I should have said "Ignore THAT troll"

You know I ain't calling out my buddy TRD in the Sports Bar

Last edited:
Back