2016 MLB Discussion v6: BP Jersey Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno about that Angus, I think everyone recoginzed he was a good player, the only question was if he's worth 184 million or not. From 2010-2015 he was one of the best all around OF'ers in the game.

Maybe he got lazy when he got the $$, maybe he's a head case, dunno, but his drop off at the plate has been drastic.
Lmao @ one of the best of'ers. Says who? He had a career year in a contract year and then regressed back to the can he always was.

Heyward is the same crappy hitter he has always been. Don't pay for outfield defense when they can't hit.

Heyward went from an 18% better than league average hitter over his career to a 17% worse than league average hitter in one year.

That 100% won't change your opinion, but still, numbers are numbers.

Once again, when it comes to Gheyward, Sauce just won't admit he was wrong. No one cares about any of the stats you pull up when it comes to Gheyward, no one agreed with you then, and sure as hell don't now.

Lmao @ one of the best of'ers. Says who? He had a career year in a contract year and then regressed back to the can he always was.

lol at this analysis. Wasn't really a contract year at all, he posted similar numbers in 2014 and 2013, and argubly had his best season in 2012 or 2010. He was pretty much the same player he was his whole career, not a "contract year fluke" at all.

His 3 year avg: 13 hr, 52 rbi, 73 runs, 15 sb, 273 avg...

2016 on pace numbers: 6 hr, 46 rbi, 68 runs, 13 sb, 228 avg...

Still is and always has been a pile of shit hitter. Your fake stat geek %'s mean nothing. Those are the real stats. Not taking some part time players %. You were wrong when they wasted the money on him and still wrong now.

Whatever you say crydome. Seems like everyone had him pegged as a can except you. Don't really care what your analshitics say.

His 3 year avg: 13 hr, 52 rbi, 73 runs, 15 sb, 273 avg...

2016 on pace numbers: 6 hr, 46 rbi, 68 runs, 13 sb, 228 avg...

Still is and always has been a pile of shit hitter. Your fake stat geek %'s mean nothing. Those are the real stats. Not taking some part time players %. You were wrong when they wasted the money on him and still wrong now.

Foster it's hard to take you serious when you reference stolen bases in an argument about hitting.

Good god man.

We have this Gheyward convo once every 2 months and Sauce gets bottled everytime. I respect that he keeps fighting for his guy though

I hope this was your way of saying I know nothing about baseball and I was wrong.

From 2010-2015(Heyward)

.268 avg
.353 obp
.431 slg

From 2010-2015(Ben Zobrist)

.267 avg
.357 obp
.423 slg

2016(Heyward)

.228 avg
.316 obp
.316 slg

So, Ben Zobrist is a pile of shit hitter to. Bunch of high level analysts ITT.

Honestly each time you try to analyze something you sink to a new low

Alex Gordon 2010-2015

.276 avg
.355 obp
.443 slg

also a pile of shit.<18>

Were you saying that any of those other players you're mentioning were worth 200 million?

Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

Are Alex Gordon and Ben Zobrist also pile of shit hitters? Or are you going to change subjects and post stolen base numbers in a discussion about hitting again? lol

You mean the hand picked stats he is trying to use and the years he picked out...LOL...His way of admitting he was wrong. I will take it.

He also thinks sb's are a pitching stat instead of offense. Some retards will never learn the game.

Were you saying that any of those other players you're mentioning were worth 200 million?

nah, too old. But if they were both 26 years old when they hit free agency they'd be in the discussion for that type of money.

My point was is that Heyward was far from a piece of shit hitter, he posted very similar numbers to Zobrist and Gordon over a 5 year period and I'm sure most ITT would consider them decent at the plate. The $200 million is a different discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back