2016 MLB Discussion v6: BP Jersey Sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeTe

🤡🌎
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Does Sale get dealt?

Who else gets moved?

Street..No reason for the Angels to keep him. Use Bedrosian as the closer.

Since the Yankees gave up by trading Chapman they should trade Miller also and get more good prospects then sign Chapman or Jansen for next year.

I think Sale will stay with the CWS.

M. Upton will go somewhere.

COL should trade Cargo since he is healthy and having a good year and use Dahl.

Heard on MLB network about the Cubs trading Schwarber to the CWS for Sale. I would take that is I were the Cubs. 108 year is long enough. Sale and Chapman with what they already have would make them heavy favorites. Id want more though if I was the CWS.

Asking price is way too high for Sale. Teams are all in on Quintana. Astros offered Reed, Musgrove, Martes and Fisher for him.

4 top 6-7 guys in HOU org for Quintana? No thanks. For Sale I would give that much

4 top 6-7 guys in HOU org for Quintana? No thanks. For Sale I would give that much
They want Bregman in a deal for Sale which is a non starter.

Honestly, I think Reed is going to be similar to Singleton. He can't hit off speed stuff.

I like Musgrave and Martes a lot. Think they are both probably high 3 starters.

Fisher is a wild card. Hard to place him. Maybe Mike Cameron (but his arm isn't as strong)?

I think Teoscar Hernandez is legit and their best hitter now that Bregman is up. If I was Houston I would roll with :

Springer
Bergman
Altuve
Correa
Valbuena
Gurriel
Gattis
Hernandez
Marisnick

I don't see Kansas City being sellers.

Where you see that? I know they were talking...Pretty early am to make a deal.

11:04pm: It seems that the O’s are next in line behind the Jays in the current pecking order, per Jon Heyman of Fan Rag (via Twitter), with the Friars expected to make a final decision tomorrow.

8:57pm: The Blue Jays are considered the “front-runners” to acquire outfielderMelvin Upton from the Padres, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports on Twitter. The 31-year-old has been a healthy scratch in each of the last two days as the team looks to secure a trade, though skipper Andy Green noted earlier today that “nothing’s done yet,” as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune was among those to tweet.

Upton is as much a 2017 deal than this year. Another right handed outfielder. Interested to see who this Class A prospect is.

edit: Padres picking up a 'substantial' amount of Upton's salary and the Class A prospect is a legit prospect, so reports TO sports radio.

Getting nervous.

Last edited:
Hansel Rodriguez is the prospect and the Padres are eating some salary.

Here's the Fangraphs pre 2016 scouting report on him, he was ranked the #20th best prospect in the Jays system(which isn't incredibly deep)

20. Hansel Rodriguez, RHP, VIDEO, Rookie

Rodriguez has a live arm but a lot of work ahead of him to turn into a pitcher, needing to develop his secondary stuff and find consistency on the mound. Pitch grades on his offspeed pitches are a shot in the dark at this point, as he’s still figuring out what works for him. An improved ability to throw strikes in the Gulf Coast League last season was a step in the right direction.

Fastball: 50/60/65 Slider: 40/45/45 Changeup: 40/40+/45 Command: 40/45/45+
Overall: 35/40/45

overall seems like a fair deal. Upton a huggggeee upgrade defensively over Joey Bats in RF, so maybe Bautista can get some 1B time and edwing DH. Smoaky can keep the bench warm and learn how to hit an offspeed pitch

Last edited:
If the Jays move Sanchez to the bullpen, they're insane.

I honestly don't get the coddling of young arms. Is it really going to make a long term difference? Is his arm going to fall off if he stays a starter? Why is his arm considered any more fragile than anyone else's? There's caution, and then there is detrimental over-protection. Let him finish the year as a starter.

I understand pulling a pitcher throwing a no-hitter, because he's up to 136 pitches in the 7th. This early shut down shit, I don't get.

So now do the Padres call up Renfroe.. who is raking .330 and 25 HR or Margot. Can't lose either way.

Padres are picking up all but $5 million remaining on Upton's contract, which is awesome. Good deal by the Shatkins duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back