2016 highlights

It can get out of hand pretty easily, esp. since its not seen as "a drug". I remember when it was bad (and even then still not that bad compared to some) and I originally set out of 1 day a week, then it became 3 days, then I realized things got really bad when I started drinking on training days after the gym. I always make a self note rule not to drink on training days. I got it back down to the usual 1 day, then half a year later I got sloppy and it came back to 3 days; Had to redo it again to drop it back down.

Don't you work in IT? I figure if you have a job in your field, there's no need to go to school for the time being right? I know a couple of guys who were self-taught, got into freelance, then eventually settled down with a regular company after building up their resume.

Alcohol is bad all around mate. It is poison for your body and soul. As I say that I'm sipping on a California blonde cream ale. Damn it's good. But really, it is those things. It Robs your finances (crazy spending sprees out getting blasted with friends) , your good looks (blows your face up, builds a gut, ages your skin) and your dreams and goals.

Yeah I work in software testing and there are some kids I work with that have college degrees but it is not where I want to be. Full disclosure I only make 11$/hr doing what I do ( plus all the benefits I just listed which is worth a big $ amount). I used to make 7k/month working in North Dakota so it's hard to be content making what I do. Plus I've always had large aspirations ever since I was little.

I'm getting my degree in political science then I'm going to Lewis and Clark law school for environmental law. The planet needs more people fighting in the courts on its behalf and I'm one of the people to do it.

Good to hear about your drinking mate. I’ve been drinking more these days to fill the hole that boxing and training left but after last weekend, I think I need to cut back

Drinking is poison for you man. I don't believe in the theory that some people are born alcoholics/addicts. People that don't have a drinking problem yet are just problem drinkers in the making.

Why do you feel you have to quit boxing? Having your orbitals broken is pretty serious. You're a tough fuck. Is it just the balance of where you feel you can go/ how good you are and the risk of injury?

Last edited:
I feel like it was a pretty good year overall

I quit a very well paying job in Saudi Arabia and moved to Australia
Saved a good amount of money before moving
I traveled a fair bit this year
banged tons of chicks mostly through Tinder
haven't found a new job yet but I'll put more effort into it once the Christmas season is over
Moved into a share house and it is pretty awesome
Just bought a car and exploring places in Melbourne and enjoying great new food places every day
Would like to get an awesome job soon and everything will fall into place

Edit: and yeah the biggest achievement of em all, I got my Sherdog Gold belt <cheer>

I've seen you talk about this before and I'm just wondering WHY you feel the need exactly?

Don't wanna just buy a chicken or even a Cornish hen at the local market? Don't wanna just take a shotgun out to the woods and shoot a pheasant (dunno how feasible that is in Korea)?

I'm genuinely curious.
Well, it would be an exaggeration if I said I felt a “need,” and it’s apparently it’s not that important to me since I’m not actively going out and doing it. And I of course buy meat and other groceries at the store. In fact I plan to roast a store bought chicken on Christmas for a lady friend.

I could go on about in more depth but to summarize, it’s a combination of wanting to move away from relying on factory farmed meat (although I am not quite sure how chickens in Korea are treated), wanting a feeling of being self-sufficient and getting my food with my own hands, and tapping into what little I can of my “primal” side. I used to fish and catch crabs and crawdads quite a lot as a kid and I sorely miss it. I remember catching a bunch of fish and when my mom cooked it up, I felt a sense pride in that my little 8 year old self was feeding my family.

A part of it is to test myself and see how I feel about killing an animal, gutting it, and eating it. I didn’t feel much for the fish and crabs, but not sure how I would feel about a warm-blooded creature. I would eventually want to hunt a mammal. I killed a rat before once, which I did not feel particularly good about, but of course I did not eat it either.

If I had the opportunity to go out and actually hunt wild game, I would love to do it. But there are a lot of limitations in Korea. Not a lot of wild game and hunting ground, hunting licenses and weapons and their permits are pretty costly and hard to obtain, and since I don’t know much about hunting, I want to know some actual hunters and I don’t know of any personally. I’ve been trying to reach out to people and see if their relatives or friends hunt and so far, nobody. I also live in the middle of a huge city with a dire dearth of wild animals. I know wild boars live in the mountains but I would have to drive hours out into the boonies. I can’t just go out and shoot some quail or something. I can fish for carp in the river near my place but that is technically illegal and I don’t care for the taste of carp. Not to mention the river is disgusting so I’m not sure I’d be eager to eat anything from such polluted waters. So pigeons are the only “game” I can actually hunt as of now. It’s not a pressing desire, but if I see an opportunity, to indulge in the reasons I explained above, why not?

Well, it would be an exaggeration if I said I felt a “need,” and it’s apparently it’s not that important to me since I’m not actively going out and doing it. And I of course buy meat and other groceries at the store. In fact I plan to roast a store bought chicken on Christmas for a lady friend.

I could go on about in more depth but to summarize, it’s a combination of wanting to move away from relying on factory farmed meat (although I am not quite sure how chickens in Korea are treated), wanting a feeling of being self-sufficient and getting my food with my own hands, and tapping into what little I can of my “primal” side. I used to fish and catch crabs and crawdads quite a lot as a kid and I sorely miss it. I remember catching a bunch of fish and when my mom cooked it up, I felt a sense pride in that my little 8 year old self was feeding my family.

A part of it is to test myself and see how I feel about killing an animal, gutting it, and eating it. I didn’t feel much for the fish and crabs, but not sure how I would feel about a warm-blooded creature. I would eventually want to hunt a mammal. I killed a rat before once, which I did not feel particularly good about, but of course I did not eat it either.

If I had the opportunity to go out and actually hunt wild game, I would love to do it. But there are a lot of limitations in Korea. Not a lot of wild game and hunting ground, hunting licenses and weapons and their permits are pretty costly and hard to obtain, and since I don’t know much about hunting, I want to know some actual hunters and I don’t know of any personally. I’ve been trying to reach out to people and see if their relatives or friends hunt and so far, nobody. I also live in the middle of a huge city with a dire dearth of wild animals. I know wild boars live in the mountains but I would have to drive hours out into the boonies. I can’t just go out and shoot some quail or something. I can fish for carp in the river near my place but that is technically illegal and I don’t care for the taste of carp. Not to mention the river is disgusting so I’m not sure I’d be eager to eat anything from such polluted waters. So pigeons are the only “game” I can actually hunt as of now. It’s not a pressing desire, but if I see an opportunity, to indulge in the reasons I explained above, why not?

Interesting. Pretty logical reasons I'd say.

I just get a hilarious image in my head of a Chinese guy running around a big city in Korea chasing pigeons and finally stabbing one proudly with a pair of chopsticks, throwing it over your shoulder, proud as a peacock.

Sounds fun.

Drinking is poison for you man. I don't believe in the theory that same people are born alcoholics/addicts. People that don't have a drinking problem yet are just problem drinkers in the making.

Why do you feel you have to quit boxing? Having your orbitals broken is pretty serious. You're a tough fuck. Is it just the balance of where you feel you can go/ how good you are and the risk of injury?
I’m with you on that. I realized I just feel like shit if I drink more than a couple beers so I stopped. I think I might have been more successful with the cute chick I was talking to if I was sober.

I can train, and possibly lightly spar, but my fighting days are done. The main concern is that there is are metal plates under my eyes to keep them in place and there’s a possibility that they can get knocked out of place. That means, more surgery, and I do not want to relive that experience. I’m still not fully recovered after two months. I can’t even work out right now without my balls hurting and feeling like they’re going to burst. The last time I had sex the girl said I looked like a raccoon because the increase in blood pressure made area around my eyes bruise and swell. Along with the injuries and the beatings, I also simply have lost the fire.
I
Man tinder has not been kind to me. I haven’t downloaded it again after my first unsuccessful run at it. In terms of women, this has not been my most successful year.

Interesting. Pretty logical reasons I'd say.

I just get a hilarious image in my head of a Chinese guy running around a big city in Korea chasing pigeons and finally stabbing one proudly with a pair of chopsticks, throwing it over your shoulder, proud as a peacock.

Sounds fun.
I’m sure I’ll have a bunch of Banchans pointing their shifty fingers at me

I’m with you on that. I realized I just feel like shit if I drink more than a couple beers so I stopped. I think I might have been more successful with the cute chick I was talking to if I was sober.

I can train, and possibly lightly spar, but my fighting days are done. The main concern is that there is are metal plates under my eyes to keep them in place and there’s a possibility that they can get knocked out of place. That means, more surgery, and I do not want to relive that experience. I’m still not fully recovered after two months. I can’t even work out right now without my balls hurting and feeling like they’re going to burst. The last time I had sex the girl said I looked like a raccoon because the increase in blood pressure made area around my eyes bruise and swell. Along with the injuries and the beatings, I also simply have lost the fire.

Man tinder has not been kind to me. I haven’t downloaded it again after my first unsuccessful run at it. In terms of women, this has not been my most successful year.

If you lost the fire then you lost the fire. Das it mane. Good on you for pursuing it, proving what a badass you are, and charging forward. You would still ko 99% of men walking the street.

And fuck tinder. It's garbage bro. Participating in it is simply inflating the value of pussy. It's mostly bottom tier women who think they deserve more than what they're getting. I'm a 7/10 (honestly being accurate and modest here) 6'4 white guy and I've had 0 success on tinder. Dozens of matches from 7/10+ women but no one willing to carry on a conversation or meet up.

This new year marks one year of no sex for me and the first time that's ever happened in my sexual life (I've had 40 partners in 11 years active). But so what? Your value as a man is not defined by how often you're putting your dick in a flesh hole. Life goes on and you're going to do just fine.

This is going to be disappointing, but honestly, I didn’t actually do it yet. It’s very cold where I live now and I rarely see pigeons these days. I guess they’re all hiding somewhere. I’m no pigeon expert. The only time I really see them is in the morning on my way to work but I obviously don’t hunt them then since I have to go to work. I could make time on the weekend but I’m usually too busy recovering from a hangover.

Sherdog quote of 2016?

I wasn't that successful with Tinder in the start either but now I am getting 2 new girls every week on average. I had a basic boring profile which was a mistake. I had a few random thoughts that might be funny and I put those in my profile and it worked great. I matched with women who told me they cracked up reading my profile. One of the things that made them laugh the most may seem lame to some but it definitely worked as it was at least something original

"For women that are into weird guys - I talk to my cat

Is that weird enough for you?

No?

I don't even have a cat"

I don't know why but I got quite a few matches due to that alone. You could try something similar.

Also, I could be wrong but I remember you mentioning in some thread that you are also a manlet like myself. Height is the number 1 attractive feature women look for, no ifs and buts. In my experience, sense of humor is second. If you could make women laugh, you may get laid more than you should. If I was tall, I'd be drowned in pussy but sadly that is not the case so I get by making women laugh. Sometimes a lame joke ruins everything though :D

Last edited:
I feel like it was a pretty good year overall

I quit a very well paying job in Saudi Arabia and moved to Australia
Saved a good amount of money before moving
I traveled a fair bit this year
haven't found a new job yet but I'll put more effort into it once the Christmas season is over
Moved into a share house and it is pretty awesome
Just bought a car and exploring places in Melbourne and enjoying great new food places every day
Would like to get an awesome job soon and everything will fall into place

Edit: and yeah the biggest achievement of em all, I got my Sherdog Gold belt <cheer>

This Chad has it all figured out.

1. What is your education in?

2. What did you do for work in Saudi?

3. Jelly.

If you lost the fire then you lost the fire. Das it mane. Good on you for pursuing it, proving what a badass you are, and charging forward. You would still ko 99% of men walking the street.

And fuck tinder. It's garbage bro. Participating in it is simply inflating the value of pussy. It's mostly bottom tier women who think they deserve more than what they're getting. I'm a 7/10 (honestly being accurate and modest here) 6'4 white guy and I've had 0 success on tinder. Dozens of matches from 7/10+ women but no one willing to carry on a conversation or meet up.

This new year marks one year of no sex for me and the first time that's ever happened in my sexual life (I've had 40 partners in 11 years active). But so what? Your value as a man is not defined by how often you're putting your dick in a flesh hole. Life goes on and you're going to do just fine.

Yeah I’m not big on tinder or online dating. Being an asianmanlet really doesn’t help when the only they can go off on is your picture and height. Much prefer meeting people in real life. Perhaps like alcoholism or substance abuse, I have sort of a problem with women, meaning I look to women as an answer to my loneliness a bit too much. I kind of jump back and forth from trying to fill that void through boxing, or with women and the latter often includes drinking. The experiences this year with the girl I was seeing earlier in the year and with my boxing injury kind of made me put things in perspective of how healthy my approach to all of this was. I think I did develop a healthier relationship with boxing even before the injury, but with women, it’s still something I need to figure out.

Sherdog quote of 2016?
Me creating a sherdog meme would make this the best year ever.

I signed up and now Sherdog is a thing.

This Chad has it all figured out.

1. What is your education in?

2. What did you do for work in Saudi?

3. Jelly.

1. Masters in Computer systems. I am a software engineer/Solution architect by profession.

2. I was a Sr. IT Consultant for the ministry of interior in Saudi Arabia.

3. Don't be jelly. I can't share my story but a few years back I had the perfect life I wanted. It got destroyed in a single instance. I lost everything - money, career, mental and physical health. Shit can go wrong in a moment. I am back to a good life after years of struggle. I feel like life is great because after going through the shit I got through, small things make me happy and I appreciate the little pleasures of life. I can assure you, you are much better off than me and you've set aside some good goals for yourself. I wish you the best in achieving them.

Yeah I’m not big on tinder or online dating. Being an asianmanlet really doesn’t help when the only they can go off on is your picture and height. Much prefer meeting people in real life. Perhaps like alcoholism or substance abuse, I have sort of a problem with women, meaning I look to women as an answer to my loneliness a bit too much. I kind of jump back and forth from trying to fill that void through boxing, or with women and the latter often includes drinking. The experiences this year with the girl I was seeing earlier in the year and with my boxing injury kind of made me put things in perspective of how healthy my approach to all of this was. I think I did develop a healthier relationship with boxing even before the injury, but with women, it’s still something I need to figure out.

Me creating a sherdog meme would make this the best year ever.

One could only hope to create the next "Boise dime" bro. ;) God speed. Hope in next years thread you're doing better.

1. Masters in Computer systems. I am a software engineer/Solution architect by profession.

2. I was a Sr. IT Consultant for the ministry of interior in Saudi Arabia.

3. Don't be jelly. I can't share my story but a few years back I had the perfect life I wanted. It got destroyed in a single instance. I lost everything - money, career, mental and physical health. Shit can go wrong in a moment. I am back to a good life after years of struggle. I feel like life is great because after going through the shit I got through, small things make me happy and I appreciate the little pleasures of life. I can assure you, you are much better off than me and you've set aside some good goals for yourself. I wish you the best in achieving them.

1. How did you enjoy your education and going through that process? I enjoy computers a great deal and have since I was a little kid. But I don't feel my future is in them. .

2. How the fuck was it working for the Saudi government?

3. Why can't you share your story? What happened? I am deeply interested/ curious now!! I am glad things are good for you now man. It seems like you've learned a great deal through your struggle.

I thank you for your good wishes but I can assure you I am not better off than you. I'm 25, no college degree, no girlfriend, no assets, no savings account. The only things I have going for me are my intelligence, good looks, skin color, and height lol.

Biggest depression slump

Got a new job but left that quickly.

Moved to a new place but that fell apart.

Finished my screenplay.

More negatives than positives if I list them out but finishing my screenplay makes this a good year.

It's been a kind of a rough year actually. I put a lot of myself into work and although I've done well financially it's definitely taken it's toll.

I met a lot of people from a lot of different places though. Some really unique characters that will be lifelong friends. So that's a big positive.

1. How did you enjoy your education and going through that process? I enjoy computers a great deal and have since I was a little kid. But I don't feel my future is in them. .

2. How the fuck was it working for the Saudi government?

3. Why can't you share your story? What happened? I am deeply interested/ curious now!! I am glad things are good for you now man. It seems like you've learned a great deal through your struggle.

I thank you for your good wishes but I can assure you I am not better off than you. I'm 25, no college degree, no girlfriend, no assets, no savings account. The only things I have going for me are my intelligence, good looks, skin color, and height lol.

1) I loved my school days man. It was a wonderful experience. Computers was my thing since I was young so I did well even though it was extremely hard. If you don't have a passion for technology, don't go in it. I worked in software testing for quite a few years like yourself though I was paid a lot more. Anybody can do it tbh but it is a dead end career imo. Not everybody can do programming though, you have to have an aptitude for it and that's where you can make a lot more money. You have a good plan, you want to get your education in something you love and that's what matters. The job prospects may not be as good as in the field of technology but at least you won't be miserable.

2) Working for Saudi government was great in some ways. Lots of room to fuck around, good money, lots of vacation days. The Saudi people sucked balls, literally the worst people I've encountered. Fucking shitheads. It was challenging to deal with people but the work itself was quite easy as the Saudi managers themselves are extremely lazy and incompetent.

3) I cannot share what happened because it is quite personal. In short I can tell you that one unlucky night I ran into some fucked up people who destroyed my life. I can just hope they get what they deserve some day but I am content with my life now and I'd like to just live a happy life and forget about what happened in the past. And don't worry about getting laid, your hand is your most trusted friend. I didn't even talk to a woman let alone touch one for 2 years when my life took a turn for the worse. Dry seasons come and go. Shit happens :)

4) You are only 25 dude. I didn't have much either when I was 25. I am now 36 out of which a good 4 years were completely destroyed because of what happened. Your good looks, height and intelligence will go a long way. Most people at 25 think they are fucked but that isn't the reality at all. You still have a good 5 years to get yourself straightened out and seems like you have a good plan.

Back